Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Y'all are getting to me. In a good way! I've downloaded the app and I'm starting this weekend. I'm excited and even a bit nervous!

GO AMANDA!!!

Finally feeling back in the loop with W3D2 done. Went to a running store this last weekend and got fitted for proper running shoes that "fit" me. It was pretty cool how they put you on the treadmill and record you running. Once I was over the awkward feeling I did fine. The shoes are feeling great and I am excited to get this going again!

Happy running everyone! We got this!!!!

I fell off the wagon for a week, so I stepped back to C25K week 7. I had started bridge to 10k, but the longer time was too much for what I'm eating in a day. I didn't want to increase my food intake and have my rate of weight loss go all wonky.

I also want to try to increase my speed a bit so I'm going to repeat this same day for a few weeks and increase my speed by .1 every run until I get to where I can maintain a pace under 12min/mile.

I want a treadmill dang it. It's 93 degrees outside ad 61% humidity. I dot run til 8:30 pm but its still super humid. It hasn't been this hot til now and I'm nervous about how this is going to go. W2d2(repeat) tonight

NO EXCUSES!

What do y'all wear to run?

Ps if anyone wants to throw out ideas for slower songs for running I'm ll ears. My playlist was all fast songs an I wanted to go fast. Slower songs = slower Amy. :) so far I have

The lazy song - Bruno mars which I thought was funny cuz. Well. It's a list for working out.

Ho hey- the lumineers and some nights by FUN.

Need more ideas Also I'm using an ap called itube. Free playlists. It uses videos but it doesn't eat the battery.

Now that I have a treadmill, I wear compression shorts and a running bra and that's all. :)

I did it. I survived. It's getting way too hot out there!

I did it. I survived. It's getting way too hot out there!

Way to go! Make sure to drink extra Water. A good rule is to weigh yourself before and after. Drink 2 cups for every pound lost. When I run in the heat I usually lose at least 2 pounds, so I have to drink an extra 32 ounces of water. That is in addition to the 64 ounces that you should be drinking every day.

Here's my current play list:

Raise Your Glass - Pink

F**k You - Cee Lo

Miss Murder - AFI

Clouds - Zach Sobiech

Nothin Better to Do - LeAnn Rimes

chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band

Rumor Has It - Adele

I need to add some Lumineers and Fun! Great suggestions!

Way to go! Make sure to drink extra Water. A good rule is to weigh yourself before and after. Drink 2 cups for every pound lost. When I run in the heat I usually lose at least 2 pounds' date=' so I have to drink an extra 32 ounces of water. That is in addition to the 64 ounces that you should be drinking every day.[/quote']

Great info!! It's amazing to think we can sweat out 4 cups of water! Doesn't seem like it, huh? Makes sense, ill do this next time.

Do you use a hydration belt outside? I have big hips and I read that they don't sit well on big hips and bounce all over the place. I need some way to rehydrate out there. May just run w a bottle of water. Oh well.

Thats a diverse list you've got there. I Added a couple of those. Love me some Adele.

Great info!! It's amazing to think we can sweat out 4 cups of water! Doesn't seem like it' date=' huh? Makes sense, ill do this next time.

Do you use a hydration belt outside? I have big hips and I read that they don't sit well on big hips and bounce all over the place. I need some way to rehydrate out there. May just run w a bottle of Water. Oh well.

Thats a diverse list you've got there. I Added a couple of those. Love me some Adele.[/quote']

I don't use a belt. I can't stand the extra weight (I got enough already!). I'm fortunate that the park that I run through has a water fountain at the front and the back of the park.

My music tastes are weird. I grew up in Oklahoma, so I still listen to a lot of country, but my favorites are No Doubt (surprised I didn't have any on my current playlist), Pink, and Adele.

Love pink!! Love love love! Not as many slow Songs. Ill add more pink when I get faster. ;)

The Water spigot today was turned off. Thank you park gods. 0_o

Way to go! Make sure to drink extra Water. A good rule is to weigh yourself before and after. Drink 2 cups for every pound lost. When I run in the heat I usually lose at least 2 pounds' date=' so I have to drink an extra 32 ounces of water. That is in addition to the 64 ounces that you should be drinking every day.[/quote']

I've never heard that before. Interesting. I still have so much to learn.

I've never heard that before. Interesting. I still have so much to learn.

Here's a few websites for hydration:

http://running.about.com/od/nutritionandhydration/a/hydration101.htm

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/water-for-exercise-fitness

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=101

All of them are a little different but the minimum I've read is 2 cups per pound lost during exercise.

Getting fitted today. My knees still hurt from last night. Hurt when I walked and ran after a bit too. Butter says its not the shoes, I just run like a noob. Maybe after new shoes ill run better. Who knows, lol.

I'm excited but nervous too. I don't know how I'll do, running in front of others in a small room.

Getting fitted today. My knees still hurt from last night. Hurt when I walked and ran after a bit too. Butter says its not the shoes' date=' I just run like a noob. Maybe after new shoes ill run better. Who knows, lol.

I'm excited but nervous too. I don't know how I'll do, running in front of others in a small room.[/quote']

Good luck! That's so exciting!

For joint pain, I highly recommend MegaRed Joint Care. I buy it at costco, but its also available from Amazon. It's got krill oil and hyaluronic acid. It starts working in about 2 weeks. I'm not big on supplements. I never seem to be able to tell a difference, but this is one of the few that I can tell when I don't take it. I also get hyaluronic injections (orthovisc) in my right knee once a year. It truly has been a life changing medicine for me. I have arthritis and chondromalacia and the shot is the difference between being able to exercise and not.

Another thing that has helped is something I learned at physical therapy. My PT had me doing step ups onto a bosu ball. The instability of the ball really helped to build the core muscles in my knees, so I bought one for use at home. I use it a couple of times a week and it really seems to help.