Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Ok Monday morning, one cup of coffee and now drinking my shake.

Someone tell me to get my butt off of the couch and on to the treadmill!!!

Ok Monday morning' date=' one cup of coffee and now drinking my shake.< p>Someone tell me to get my butt off of the couch and on to the treadmill!!![/quote']

Get your butt on the treadmill!!! Phfffffff.... ;)

Ok just did 41 minutes fast walking with only one jog thrown in I might have to start my own treadmill thread because I think running is just not in the cards yet for me.

But I did build up a disgusting sweat! :D

Ok just did 41 minutes fast walking with only one jog thrown in I might have to start my own treadmill thread because I think running is just not in the cards yet for me.

Great job, keep it going! I started with walking and my jog is definitely slow. Keep it going. I'm sidelined for a day or two- spent all day gardening yesterday and now I can barely move!

The person I bought my treadmill from last week just released a book that's getting national press. I was confused by the experience, but the articles about the book helped clear things up. http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/06/transgender-navy-seal-memoir/65823/

Week 7 Day 1 completed...best news, NO PAIN, okay a little. Ortho-babe gave me some inserts for the running shoes and with some extra stretches and icing of the foot, I can get a run in without the hobble. A few days now, and I will give the pavement a try. My plan is to start week 4 on the pavement and continue week 7+ on the treadmill. When I can converge the two on the pavement, I think I will be ready for the real deal.

Week 7 Day 1 completed...best news' date=' NO PAIN, okay a little. Ortho-babe gave me some inserts for the running shoes and with some extra stretches and icing of the foot, I can get a run in without the hobble. A few days now, and I will give the pavement a try. My plan is to start week 4 on the pavement and continue week 7+ on the treadmill. When I can converge the two on the pavement, I think I will be ready for the real deal.[/quote']

Congrats!! It sounds like u have a great plan. Yay ortho babe!!

Awesome job! Your encouraging me to get started again.

I ran w1d3 tonight and I feel amazing. I just never ever thought I'd be doing this. I've WANTED TO for five years but I'm actually DOIN IT now. Me! At 181 lbs at 5'4" and I actually think my form was pretty darned good this time. (Thank you vibram five fingers)

Boy am I happy when that thing finally dings though. Lol.

Has anyone got breathing all figured out? I'm gettin better but goodness. I don't actually catch my breath until my walk interval is almost up.

I ran w1d3 tonight and I feel amazing. I just never ever thought I'd be doing this. I've WANTED TO for five years but I'm actually DOIN IT now. Me! At 181 lbs at 5'4" and I actually think my form was pretty darned good this time. (Thank you vibram five fingers)

Boy am I happy when that thing finally dings though. Lol.

Has anyone got breathing all figured out? I'm gettin better but goodness. I don't actually catch my breath until my walk interval is almost up.

Good job Amy! Every time I run I'm so uncoordinated I feel like I'm going to fall over!

I'm scared the kids are going to come home to the sound of the treadmill going and me thrown through the wall :P

Awesome job! Your encouraging me to get started again.

Your cleared on Monday, right? In sure you going to be up and running in no time :)

I have been on the treadmill every day since Friday so today I took a break I will be back up and running (or walking) tomorrow :)

Amy you are inspiring! Furthermore, your positive attitude is contagious. :) keep up the great progress.

Good job Amy! Every time I run I'm so uncoordinated I feel like I'm going to fall over!

I'm scared the kids are going to come home to the sound of the treadmill going and me thrown through the wall :P

You know, that very thought has crossed my mind more then once when running > 8 mph. However, it is short lived and I have learned to trust myself and the technique that has been gained over time. Keep your treadmill on the slow side (4.5 mph) until you feel really confident about your technique, especially in terms of cadence and stride at different speeds. You will find that different strides and cadence are needed as you run faster then when you run slower. I find there is a difference in technique that needs to be considered in as little as going from 5.6 mph to 5.8 mph to 6.0 mph. It all becomes natural over time, as you really understand the technique behind different running forms. Be sure to invest in good running shoes! It will make a world of different when you are working on developing running technique. You have seen this in my other posts about running, but I really like the technique that comes out of Chi Running. If you really master it, you will never get injured and can really enjoy running while also making huge strides in endurance and speed.