Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

I always thought I was in no shape to run. My run is a very slow jog. The great thing about Couch to 5K is you start very slowly. Day 1 is repeat 5 times: jog 45sec, walk 60sec. 5 min warmup before and 5 min cool down after. I've had 2 knee surgeries, arthritis, and chondromalacia in both knees. I started 4 weeks after surgery when I was 237 (February 13). I'm now 208 and have 38 more pounds to goal (I'm 5'11"). If I can do it, anyone can! If things are moving around, strap them down and get moving (I love my compression shorts).

WHAAAA? I'm doing the WRONG program, mine is run 60 seconds walk 90 seconds.. repeat EIGHT times. I just got back from attempt number 3 and I was able to do FOUR repetitions. I did two repetitions then walked through the next minute run, then did one more and walked for the next one and then one more and then walked the rest. My total time running was only four minutes.. but then again I'm only 5'5" and I still weight 259 pounds so I'm hauling a hundred extra pounds on my small frame.

OH and to all you frady cats out there.. I went out in a form fitting TANK TOP and my lightweight cellulite and pannus enhancing bottoms....and did this in a very popular public area and I didn't die of humiliation.

WHAAAA? I'm doing the WRONG program' date=' mine is run 60 seconds walk 90 seconds.. repeat EIGHT times. I just got back from attempt number 3 and I was able to do FOUR repetitions. I did two repetitions then walked through the next minute run, then did one more and walked for the next one and then one more and then walked the rest. My total time running was only four minutes.. but then again I'm only 5'5" and I still weight 259 pounds so I'm hauling a hundred extra pounds on my small frame.

OH and to all you frady cats out there.. I went out in a form fitting TANK TOP and my lightweight cellulite and pannus enhancing bottoms....and did this in a very popular public area and I didn't die of humiliation.[/quote']

Hey that's the one I downloaded too!!!!!

I just noticed. Are there different ones?

Oh and nice job on the booty pants :D

Y'all have tired me out so I'm going to rest now :P

I'm using this one by Lucius Kwok.

post-47230-13813666232045_thumb.jpg

I had my numbers wrong! It should have been repeat 5 times: jog 45 walk 90 jog 45 walk 60

Hey that's the one I downloaded too!!!!!

I just noticed. Are there different ones?

Oh and nice job on the booty pants :D

There are different versions, but they all really do the same thing. When I first started this, years ago, there was no app for your phones, I had to print out the sheet or listen to the podcast. The point is you start out easy and it gets harder as you progress.

Laura the program that I am following is like the one you have. Don't work about speed. Speed comes, just figure out the most comfortable pace that you can do. The whole point is to build endurance, not break land speed records. :) If you have trouble completing the program, just start over and doing it again the next time. I had to back up on Week 6 Day 3 and do Day 2 two time before I could get Day 3 done without stopping. Tomorrow is Week 7 Day 1. Just take your time and have fun with it. You'll be hitting the road before you know it!

Yeah I'm going to stick with the one I have there is even a printout I saw online specifically for the treadmill.

Oh and I will be doing much repeating I'm sure!

It will be more like the 1 year plan for me :D

Everyone is so inspiring here. I am sooo ready to start over again. Went and saw the Dr. for my 1 mo post-op galbladder check up. He said give it another 2 to 4 weeks before I start the program again. I will start walking on the treadmill again next Monday. I'm still deciding whether or not to sign up for the color run I was originally planning on doing in June. I know I couldn't run it but I could walk it. They are also having a 2 mile walk. Maybe I should just plan on that.

Keep up the great motivating here everyone.

Thanks!!

Everyone is so inspiring here. I am sooo ready to start over again. Went and saw the Dr. for my 1 mo post-op galbladder check up. He said give it another 2 to 4 weeks before I start the program again. I will start walking on the treadmill again next Monday. I'm still deciding whether or not to sign up for the color run I was originally planning on doing in June. I know I couldn't run it but I could walk it. They are also having a 2 mile walk. Maybe I should just plan on that.

Keep up the great motivating here everyone.

Thanks!!

Glad you are healing up well. And I bet it will take you no time to build back up to where you left off

:)

Yeah I'm going to stick with the one I have there is even a printout I saw online specifically for the treadmill.

Oh and I will be doing much repeating I'm sure!

It will be more like the 1 year plan for me :D

Soon you be running a mile and then 5 k as easy as you breath air. You just wait and see. :) Just take one exercise session at a time, trying your best each time.

I downloaded the app, just havent started it yet. Maybe I will give it another try.

Soon you be running a mile and then 5 k as easy as you breath air. You just wait and see. :) Just take one exercise session at a time' date=' trying your best each time.[/quote']

Ok just logged in 45 minutes of fast walking with a few small jogs thrown in for good measure.

I'm still getting used to the treadmill so I haven't started the app just yet. But I feel like I accomplished something :)

Hey look I'm jogging, too.. See my ticker?

GRRR.. I so envy y'all :P

Hey look I'm jogging' date=' too.. See my ticker?

GRRR.. I so envy y'all :P[/quote']

Dang maybe that's my problem my ticker chick is just lounging around on a beach :P