Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Walked the 5 k in 1 hour and 6 minutes. They had us funneled down near the end so it was slower! I did it!!!

Way to go. Being in a big crowd can certainly slow you down sometimes, but the payback is the extra adrenaline and motivation you get from the event atmosphere. Keep signing up and doing the distance. Doesn't matter if you walk or run. Just that you made it happen.

Failed today on Week 6 day 3. Had to take 2 walk breaks during the 25 minute circuit. I think it is a mental thing. I've run two ten minute blocks with a break in between, so I should have been able to knock off the 25. Not a good week for me in a lot of areas, this one was one of many. :(

Failed today on Week 6 day 3. Had to take 2 walk breaks during the 25 minute circuit. I think it is a mental thing. I've run two ten minute blocks with a break in between' date=' so I should have been able to knock off the 25. Not a good week for me in a lot of areas, this one was one of many. :([/quote']

First off, I'm sorry that ur having a crap week. Been there, but hey- I don't know about u, but when I feel crappy I don't feel like doing much of anything. Good job on getting a run in. I know it's easy to be down on ourselves when we don't succeed at a workout. Don't beat urself up. Besides if there are other things that are yucky- worrying about "failing" on a workout is low on the priority list. Do the workout again and again if u need to. Repeating a run is OKAY! And running is a total mental thing. My friend says running is 90% mental and the other 10% is... Mental. She got this from Running the Sahara.

Hang in there and repeat the workout.

Thanks you are soooo right. It is mental. I am just not in a good place right now. Struggling with a lot. In a stall, pretty much having a pitty party. I'll try again tomorrow, I am sure I will get there at some point.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. They mean a lot.

Wow, can't believe that this thread is starting to wilt. C'mon folks, get out there and do some running! :D

I got Day 3 of Week 6 done!!. I ran the Day 2 segment twice last week and did Day 3 today. Wasn't all that bad. Slowed back on the pace just a little bit and did a long warm up before hand. Don't think that I am getting loose enough before the run. Might be old age is starting creep into these joints and it takes me a little longer to get warm that it used to. On to Week 7!

Tell me about it John!! I'm getting a treadmill tomorrow and I will be starting it on that. So come on people :P

Ps I know a treadmill is not the same as out side but it will have to do right now :)

Tell me about it John!! I'm getting a treadmill tomorrow and I will be starting it on that. So come on people :P

Ps I know a treadmill is not the same as out side but it will have to do right now :)

Booooooo hiiiiiiiissssssss.....down with treadmills.

J/K. If that's what you got....use it.

I started C25K back in September of last year. Today I ran 12.9 miles just because I could. I've got a half marathon coming up in 10 days....a Wounded Warrior benefit. Honestly, I'm so glad I took up running. Before this I couldn't run 100 yards without passing out. Even in high school football, I would puke if I had to run a 1/4 mile. Now that's not even a warm up. You can't imagine what that does to your overall confidence level, not just in running but in life. Now when people tell me I can't do something, I just snicker and think....well if I can run for 2-1/2 hours straight, I can do whatever.

Hey girl, moving is moving. Don't matter where, as long as it gets done! :)

Getting my treadmill at my house repaired next week, gotta give up the gym membership so I may be hitting the pavement more often.

I ran across (jaywalking/running) a four lane street yesterday :P and I swear everything I owned was still jiggling/moving once I stopped running!

In other words it ain't pretty so I know I will feel more comfortable running indoors right now :)

At some point I hope to be more fit and have the confidence to run in public.. :)

I ran across (jaywalking/running) a four lane street yesterday :P and I swear everything I owned was still jiggling/moving once I stopped running!

In other words it ain't pretty so I know I will feel more comfortable running indoors right now :)

At some point I hope to be more fit and have the confidence to run in public.. :)

I feel you.....I feel naked without a compression shirt on now under my outer shirt. I was buying Under Armour, but the knock off brands seem to work just as well for half the price. Helps keep things from bouncing quite so much.

Signed up for 5k color run in July! They said Zi can walk it. Run ,crawl. Do cartwheels. It't in Lansing Mi if anyone is game to add to our team. So Far my husband and me!!

I feel you.....I feel naked without a compression shirt on now under my outer shirt. I was buying Under Armour' date=' but the knock off brands seem to work just as well for half the price. Helps keep things from bouncing quite so much.[/quote']

I might try my husbands.. I just hate that feeling it actually feels like it throws off any rhythm I might have!

I might try my husbands.. I just hate that feeling it actually feels like it throws off any rhythm I might have!

Exactly!! My panni goes left when I go right! I posted to fb that I ran. And then mentioned that my belly needs a bra.

I'm getting a treadmill tonight! Found a great deal on Craigslist. Running outside in Florida in the summer is no fun. The treadmill I'm getting will do a 40% incline, so I can pretend I'm climbing a mountain! I'm on week 8 of couch to 5K. Ran a 5K last weekend in Tampa, but had to interval run the last half.