Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Peri,

I'm glad everything is ok. You are truly blessed. Now, as for the gas thing. Walking helped me the most. Some people used a heating pad and also a warm bath helps. Just be very careful not to get the incision sites wet. Did you get to sing Sunday?

Man, I can't wait until Monday. I am tired of starving and not losing. I know....... My appointment is at 10:15 if yall wanna come give me a whippin'. My schedule is very full this month, but there are only 2 more days of school (yay!!) and T's last ball game is tonite, so maybe I get to slow down some soon.

How is everyone doing today? Did yall have a good weekend? Took the little guy to the zoo yesterday, had a blast. A funny thing happened yesterday..... I couldn't eat lunch. It just would not go down, so I quit. I didn't hurt or anything, just could not eat. So, I waited and got so hungry I wanted to eat the house down. I know you aren't supposed to skip meals, but what happens when you just can't eat? lol I had a slime fast, but that didn't do the trick, so I just went to bed. Got up this morning and I'm still hungry, but don't want to eat. Who knows....

Well that's enough bout me..... Yall have a great day, stay in your little box and drink your water!

lisa

I feel a little better this morning. I'm going to keep walking. I did not get to sing. The gas was way to bad and i lost my voice anyway from the tubes down my throat. That's ok...there's always next sunday!

Lisa they told me to just taking Protein Shakes and a slim fast wehn you have to skip.

I know, but you can't find slime fast at just any convience store and they didn't have it at the zoo. lol

lisa

Ugh. I felt like I ate the whole Memorial Day weekend! The scale says the damage is minimal, but I still feel like a big ol' piggy!! Hope everybody else had a great holiday.

hey yall. I do seem to swell if i pb. It is difficult at times to know what the band is doing. I keep losing 2-3 pounds and then gain it back. I think it is time for my body to let go of this weight! LOL. How long has anyone been on a plateau ??? I know this is normal. Just wondering.

I know. drink Water, exercise and stay in that box !!!

We just have to up the exercise, up the Water intake, up the everything else and work our tails off to get off this thing.

I feel like my nose is gonna fall off this morning. I have had a runny nose for two months and NOTHING will stop it. I don't feel like doing anything today. Today is the last day of school, I might just take advantage of that and not do a thing this morning! lol Yeah, right!

Yall take care today, and ......... need I say more?

lisa

Morning everyone. I live in the Prescott area. Anyone else?

I lost below 200, first time in a couple of years, but my stinking scales keeps bouncing from 197 back to 200 even. I walk for exercise, from 30 minutes to 45 at least once a day sometimes twice.

My weight loss has always been slow, even with the band.

Last month I lost 1 1/2 pounds a week. Not much but at least its a loss.

I can't hold up to exercise long with this stupid COPD, I and my pulmonologist are hoping for the breathing to get better with the weight-loss.

Have a great day.

I keep listening, reading the do this and do that to get the wt loss started again! I am mad at my body now, it wont let go ! I ran into another bandster, she said she stopped losing for 3 or 4 months then

it started again. she also added weight lifting. Come on someone find the magic button for us !

I've posted this several times in other threads on LBT, But I'm a huge believer in doing bodyweight exercises (for those of us that have joints in ok condition). The lean muscle added from these exercises will bump up your BMR (so you'll burn more calories while at rest), you can do them in the privacy of your own home, and don't need any special equipment. Of course, you still need to walk to help burn off the fat.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

Dear Broken Record,

We all need reminders! lol Thanks! I have built so much muscle in the last few months, that I have gained about 5 pounds. Shoveling dirt and getting fit at the same time. How good can that be? lol

Hey arkie! How are you? Haven't seen you on here in a while. I know what you mean about the joints and the slow loss. I think right now there are a lot of us in the slow loss category. We just have to keep pluggin along and switching things up. Mrs. Betty told us that keeping the body tricked by caloric intake and different exercises is a key element to loss. Keep the Protein high and the Water going.

Teresa? Are you keeping a journal? I know with your schedule that might be a little hard, but it might help you. Remember, some time ago, I thought I was getting enough calories in, but when I start journaling, I found out that I wasn't even getting 800 calories a day. That explains why I wasn't losing. When I start tricking my body like Mrs. Betty explained, I start losing again. Try it and see. One day get 900 the next try to get 1200, then back to a lower number. Exercise at different times of the day and vary the amounts and kinds of exercise you do. Now, I sound like a broken record. lol

See yall! Stay in the box this weekend. Drink your water!

lisa

Went to check in with Dr. H because I'm having that crazy tightness that can't be explained that I've been experiencing from the beginning.

I was fine the first 4 weeks of this fill and then I ate too quickly and threw up pretty badly . I've progressively been getting tighter each day since. Tuesday and Wednesday were very rough, I could barely drink Water. Dr. H suspects a tiny hernia that wasn't detected on my upper GI from November and I will have to have an scope sent down to see what's going on in July. Dr. H took .14 out and I feel MUCH better today. I honestly think my band may have been slightly slipped. I didn't think to tell him how violently I've been throwing up the past two weeks when things have been getting tighter because I was just amazed that as he took the saline out I heard and felt something shift and losen and the immediate relief. When I sat up, the pressure I didn't realize I was feeling relaxed and I could take a deep breath.

This morning, I really do think it was a slight slip now that I look back on when it started happening.

Just wanted to let you all know to keep an eye out for this if you should really heave when throwing up.

Anybody had an endscopy? Tell me what it's like so I can prepare mentally.

Hey guys! I was banded 6 weeks ago today and had my first fill a little over a week ago. At this point I am losing and am worried about the whole plateau thing. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it. This site is very informative, I am glad Dr. H told me about it at my fill.