Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hang in there Chuckles! I was self pay too and it's sad that our insurance won't help.

The pre op diet is the worst part in my opinion. It goes like this: Slim Fast and Water or crystal light only for three days. 3 slim fasts and a small salad with fat free dressing the rest of the 2 weeks. After surgery you do a week of Clear Liquids (clear broth, ) a week of full liquids (skim milk, clear liquids, thin pureed soups), a week of mushies (thin oat meal, coarsley pureed Soups, SOFT veggies, eggs (soft scrambled)) and then a week of soft solid foods.

Please feel free to correct me if I messed any of that up, and please as usual, disreguard the typos.

Hello everyone from Texarkana area! I moved from Washington state about a year ago and I am about to be banded on the 23rd of jan. I am really excited and very hungry. I will be banded by Dr. H from Precision Surgery. I am in that awful liguid stage and one salad thinga-magigum...I am sooo glad I found this support group area because i was posting all over the place and I had a group right here in town. I am very excited. How is everyone doing? Anyone else from the Texarkana area having surgery next week with me?

lo2us,

Thanks for the info, it was very helpful. So if you don't mind me asking how often do you get fills, and is it accurate that you get the first year of fills free with Drs. H & K? Do you attend the support group meetings?

~M

Only one meeting i have gone too. I haven't gotten any fills yet because i haven't gotten banded yet. I will start attending support groups after i have my surgery on the 23rd! Especially after seeing people from the area who are so supporting on this website.

chuckles it took me three years to finally get the loan and the band. I tried and couldnt get the insurance to pay. KEEP PRAYING. Hi Dawn, good luck on the 23 rd. it really does get better.

Tpagern,

Believe me, I sure will keep praying. I really need this surgery, and there just doesn't seem to be any way yet to get it going. Because of my past credit, a loan is way out of question. I have went back to college, so all the extra we had goes to that, and that means besides substitute teaching around T-town, DeKalb, Nash, etc., I am unemployed. I refuse to give up though, (I guess I am kinda stubborn like that sometimes), especially when I know it can make a life and death difference. There just has to be a way. Once again I am asking God to provide a way, even though I don't see one! Thanks for helping me stay encouraged here Teresa. I really do appreciate it!

Hey everyone!

Glad to see new people posting. Welcome.....

Chuckles, I think the fills for the self pay are free. I THINK! Ask the doctors or Mrs. Betty when you go back in. And hang in there, keep your faith.

Dawn, you hang in there too. The pre-op diet is no picnic. (sorry for the pun) You will get there. It's not long now.

Both of yall..... we are here to help. If you have more questions, ask. Someone will be on here to answer soon.

Now...... I saw Dr. H monday and got the answer to out freezing problem. We have lost our insulation and our bodies have not (hope I spell this right) acclimated. But the good news is.....they will. I just wish mine would hurry up. lol I know......don't rush it. And get this, he said something about a small UN fill. I just laughed and thought "Oh no, you didn't just say that!" But, he let me slide and told me to come back and get one if I started having problems.

Yall have a good day and stay in the box!!!

I just gotta get time to change my ticker.

lisa

lisa... is your fill too tight? I am struggling a little. I think it is my head! I dont want to accept that i can only eat a few bites and i am full. How about you?

I do go to the support group meeting, it is one of the conditions of the self-pay that we go for 1 year. It helps to see real live people that have gone through this and have had a success. I've had three fills and 2 unfills. I go next week for #4, hopefully a tiny one.

Ok, just trying to understand some more here. So correct me if I am wrong anyone, or add whatever you think may help me understand. Ok, so fills are injections into the port which fills your pouch up with silicone, therefore making us feel fuller faster, so we eat less??? Is that right? So unfills, would mean that the doctors take out what we have in, making it where we think we need more food to feel full. And how often people need a fill or unfill varies from person to person. This is just what I have learned from reading around. How am I doing? Am I close or way off?

So how is everyone doing, pre-band, post-band, and the newbie group like me?

I am so thankful for this site. I really need the support.

Thanks everyone!

~M

Hey everyone!

Glad to see new people posting. Welcome.....

Chuckles, I think the fills for the self pay are free. I THINK! Ask the doctors or Mrs. Betty when you go back in. And hang in there, keep your faith.

Dawn, you hang in there too. The pre-op diet is no picnic. (sorry for the pun) You will get there. It's not long now.

Both of yall..... we are here to help. If you have more questions, ask. Someone will be on here to answer soon.

Now...... I saw Dr. H monday and got the answer to out freezing problem. We have lost our insulation and our bodies have not (hope I spell this right) acclimated. But the good news is.....they will. I just wish mine would hurry up. lol I know......don't rush it. And get this, he said something about a small UN fill. I just laughed and thought "Oh no, you didn't just say that!" But, he let me slide and told me to come back and get one if I started having problems.

Yall have a good day and stay in the box!!!

I just gotta get time to change my ticker.

lisa

lisaG,

what is the freezing out problem you mentioned? Are you really cold blooded now? Thanks.

Hey Everyone...

I was just curious as to how you all are doing? Dawn, the 23rd isn't far away at all! I am so excited for you. SO how is everyone else?

Also, I was thinking, eventually after we all get banded and are on our way to our goals, that we should all meet (other than the support group meetings.) By then it would be so great to see all of our progress, and to meet faces to the names on here. Would you all be interested?

~M

Yes Chuckles I would be sooo interested in meeting everyone! It would be nice to meet the people I chat with and get great information from. Sign me up!