Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

yall sound motivated on here. I was.... i have gained back several pounds again and i can eat just about anything now and too much. I must have had some swelling before. I can still fill restriction if i push it.. eat too much and sometimes in the morning. This is hard. I cant be thru losing... this is alot of money to lose only 50 or so pounds, that is not getting my moneys worth LOL. I cant believe I am thinking about dieting again.

yall keep me motivated, I want to see those tickers moving ! ! ! Summer is almost here : (

Edited by tpagern

Drinking? I never know when I am going to eat, then i miss my chance to drink first...

Teresa you are still doing good. I am a lot farther out than you and have loss less. I have passed a year now. I guess you need to start drinking after your meal (one hour) and drink til the next meal. Tha't about all you can do since you have such a difficult schedule. I am not a drinker period, very hard for me to even think about drinking. I guess we will have to concentrate more on the drink thing. Just keep at it, your weight loss may slow down but just keep trudging along it will come off. Hang in there.

WAY TO GO GLO!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::biggrin::eek::)

CONGRATS ON THE NO-ZIP!!:)

I remember the first time I did that with my jeans. What a feeling of accomplishment! Keep up the good work. You are doing GREAT!!!!

SugarB, you can get the "tubes" from the e-store on the no scales web site. Profect Protein beverages. They are tasty. I haven't bought any, I just won one as a door prize at the LAST MT PLEASANT meeting we had. Yes, I'm still sore about that! 25 grams of protein in a 2.7 oz vial (indestructable vial, I might add. I don't know why it's indestructable) in various flavors. Mine was melon splash. I'm just a tight wad with my money and can't see spending that much on them. You can get that much protein in the Body fortress Protein Powder and get lots more servings for the money you spend. I mix mine with milk. Kinda tastes like a shake. NOT slime fast. I use the vanilla. But I guess it's whatever you prefer.

The boys won their first game last nite. 19 -3 in four innings. When I told that lady ump the score, she let the other team finish the inning and HOLLERED -- "GAME" . I was never so glad. It's always cold up there and it was last nite. I think we are all sick. Just like last year when we played there.

Yall stick with your Water. It seems to be helping me since I started making an effort to get all of it in. I'm down 2 pounds now. 4 more of those pesky 6 to go....

Has anyone in Texarkana found my box yet? If not I need to order a new one. I'm getting a steel model this time!

Yall have a good day!

lisa

I use the EAS drinks they have at Walmart and those little test tubes, but I got mine @ Joe smoothie. Theirs has twice the Protein of the one's the docs sell, so I only have to take 1/2 at a time. I take that after a workout. I use the EAS when my band is too tight or I don't have time to eat. I met Kelly, from their website last time I got a fill and she lost 180lbs! SHe told me that other than really working out like I'm doing she drank milk to fill in the calories. I've tried that the past 2 weeks and I've started losing again! I'm the lightest I've been since Christmas! 2lbs to go and I can move that danged ticker!

hey i got a question i have never had to ponder before!!! how do the young boys stand their sagging pants??? i kinda in between sizes one's to tight and the other falls off my butt. oh the problems we have to face!!! LOL

lo2us, how much Protein do the eas drinks have? You got the test tube things at Joe smoothies? How much are they there, and where is that place. So I guess that means they have 50 grams of protein. Lisa said the other had 25. How expensive are they? Sorry so many questions, I am looking for the protein for myself now and my son. I eat cottage chees, cheese, Beans, and some milk. So I think I do pretty well in the protein department but still feel some days I may need to fill in. How many grams are we supposed to get in a day? I have forgotton. How's Gus feeling?

We're suppsed to get in 40-60 g of Protein each day. I've been taking in a little more since I was on a pleateau and that's what Dr. H said to do with working out so much. The test tubes @ joe smoothie are about 46g per tube and they are $4 a tube. Just remember that you can get 2 doses from them though. Joe Smoothie is on Summerhill in the shopping center that has something OAKS in the name and is across the street from that fancy car wash. IF you get to Cat Fish King you've gone too far. EAS drinks have 17g and are about $3.75 for 4. The EAS drinks only have 110 calories too, so they aren't a good meal substitute, but a great snack! I like the pure Protein Bars too, they are about $5 for 6 and they each have 20g protein, they make a good Breakfast.< /p>

I broke 3.19 miles in 30 minutes on the elliptical! That's the best I've ever done! I'm exhausted, but I can't believe I can actually move now, especailly after the horrible shape I was in this time last year!

WooHoo on the eliptical Lo2us!! When you look back one year there is a world of difference, huh? Just to have the energy to go that long, it's wonderful. So proud of you and for you. Are you going to the meeting tomorrow night (Mon.) ? I am going to try my best to be there. As far as I know, I will be there. Mil is still not feeling up to par, that would be the only thing. Thanks for the info on the Protein atuff. Do you get the bars at Joe Smoothie too? (Pure Protein). Hope to see you tomorrow night.

SUPPORT GROUP MEETING MON. APR. 14TH WADLEY 7 P.M.

:rolleyes2: Hell00000 Monday mornin'

I am soooo glad to see this sunshine!!

I plan on making the meeting tonight @ Wadley. Hope to see a crowd there! I'll be wearing black jeans and a grey top.

I've been scanning over the threads here and it sounds like despite our pitfalls, we're all still hanging on. We all have a dream and a goal to aspire to and it will come to pass if we just stick together and keep talking and giving support to one another.

See ya!:smile2:

Hi all. For those of you that are trying the "tube" Protein shots....are docs H&K on board with this? Without getting too incredibly geeky, I was reading up on these, and some people claim that the protein in the tubes is not nearly as effective as the whey protein because the tube stuff is de-colodian-ized (connective tissue broken down so the protein is jello-ish) or something. Anybody know anything about this? Or do I need to ask Amy the dietician? Or am I being a super geek again? LOL

sugar bear and I got our 50 pound pins WOO HOO. Sugar bear lets get our 75 soon ! WE gotta get moving. Lets see which one of us gets there first. I am challenging you ! Dont worry, I am struggling with alot of issues, especially sweets and my 1/2 cup servings so it will be hard for me too. I have to do this, my daughters wedding is in october and a lot of people I havent seen since this surgery will be there. I keep telling everyone that i am stuck when they ask the famous "how much have you lost now? ". Come one girl, lets do it !

oh yea.... Water that box.

Good morning everyone!

Plain...... geekie-ness is allowed. lol That is a good question. I have read somewhere that whey Protein is broken down and absorbed much easier that other Proteins. I don't know bout the proteins in the "tubes". Maybe, Dr. H would like to reply to that one.

Have yall had a problem replying to the thread? I tried to reply a little while ago and got an "Error" message that my reply was too short!!!!! :confused2:

I'm confused on that one. lol I didn't know there was such a thing as a reply being too short! lol I'm kinda long winded anyway, so that came as sorta a shock :thumbup:

Yall have a good day! Oh how was the meeting last nite? Did anyone from MP show up?

HAS ANYONE FOUND MY BOX YET? It should be arriving in Texarkana any day now unless it caught on a snag somewhere!

lisa