Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

lisa i'll hold your hand and help you through this just email me or call if you get all down and out!

Susan, I need some hand holding, too. LOL:biggrin:

Lisa and LouAnn held my hand last week.:purplebananna:

Playing in the sun is fine. Better than staying the house with FOOD! Get out there and have some fun, Glo! And the good thing about it is..... you can stay in the box even when you are outside!

lol

lisa

Good morning Sugarbear!

I was glad to read Dr.H's advice on how to get better control over the sugar cravings. I'm going to make more of an effort to take in more Protein.< /p>

Dr.Paolucci, Dr.Sorenson & Dr. Hillis all saw my hubby and I really couldn't tell you which one did the surgery! We've got bills coming in from every Dr. in Texarkana I think!! I think Paolucci did it though. Yes, they did wrap his esophagus with a portion of his upper stomach and stitched it in place, pretty tightly to stop the reflux he has been having for several years, which in turn also caused an aggravating non stop cough that he's had for years. He is doing better, but has lost 20 lbs he really didn't need to lose. He's so tight he can barely drink Water. He used to drink lot's of water, 2 or 3 glasses during a meal, now it's all he can do to drink 1/2 cup. Talk about restriction!!

Back to the cravings.....Chocolate is all I crave and sometimes I binge on it until I feel sick. Somewhere I read that children of alcoholics are often sugarholics/chocoholics as adults. I have a sister that could be an alcoholic, but she watches it closley, and she doesn't give a hoot about chocolate. I don't give a hoot about alcohol, but I do love my chocolate. I eat it EVERYDAY!! I'm going to get back on the chocolate slim fast and see if that will suffice for me........boy, I thought this lapband thing was going to be a breeze, guess it is for some people.

I tried to update my ticker but can't get a slider put in there!

I have lost 25lbs since Oct.17th I think and have 90 to go. That's another whole person!

Is there a meeting tonight in T town?

Glo, you are supposed to wait 1 hour after eating before you drink. You know why. Sometimes, I wait less. It just depends on what I have been/or doing during the day. I try to wait at least 45 minutes if I'm really thirsty. It's hard sometimes, but I do. Just get up and get started doing something else and time will fly by before you know it.

Julie, I don't know what the pouch test is either, maybe some smart person will let us in on it soon. lol

lisa

gee lisa and glo i've been flying alone the last few weeks now that i don't get to see lou at the mg meetings. who's going to hold my hand

(it's kinda of dirty either been digging in the garden or in someones mouth, but i still need it held) maybe lisa glo and lou and me can get together somewhere in between all of us and have a pep rally someday soon!!!!

Lisa, I was talking about when we did the pre-op diet. I remembered just as I read the post that I should wait 1 hr after the slimfast.

Do you remember the last 2 days of the pre-op diet? I listed the first 3, but can't seem to find my papers to get the last 2 days.

I read about the five day pouch on the web site. www.livingafterwieghtwls.com

That will work for me Susan. LouAnn is looking good. We laughed this morning cause I have finally made it to some misses clothes.

I see how Lisa felt when she got out of her pants w/o unzippering them, LOL

I think that was Lisa.

Maybe Lisa and I can join "Master Gardeners" with you and LouAnn. But to be honest I really don't go outside too much in the summer, plus I hate to be sweaty. I need to find a inside hobby that doesn't include "running" or "jogging" to the pantry and refrigerator.

Gloria

Glo, you won't do..... Stay out of that kitchen. The pre-op diet on day 3 and 4 is the salad thingy. I think it stays that way up until the surgery, so you are ok. I did the salad thing up until the day before I had surgery. Then on that day I just did slim fast. Thought I was gonna starve without that small garden salad. lol

I love being outside. Much rather be out there than cooped up inside. Susan, I don't mind a little dirt. I'll hold your hand. Yall forget I used to work for a veterinarian. I'm used to dirt, slobber and yucky stuff. lol I'm with you on the whinnin thing on the MP thread. I don't think everyone here wants to hear us whinning. Maybe we should start having our own pep rally! I tried to get someone at PS to say they would send our stuff by e-mail, but no one has responded yet. ( just did it this morning) Maybe notes from the Texarkana meeting.At least we could have something from the office. I guess we could do our own research. Who knows.

Yall stay busy. I'm going to go outside. TTFN!

lisa