Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I, like so many of you do not like the new version. I was sleeved 2/18/13 and went to the doctor today. My labs are good, cholesterol is still a little high but I have not been taking the medication. My A1C is at 7.0 and I am scheduled for a sleep study to see if I can discontinue use of my CPAP & oxygen at night. I have lost 80 pounds and am at my goal. I weigh 3 pounds heavier at the doctors office than on my scales. But, that is ok. I am very pleased and would have the surgery again with no hesitation. It was the best thing I did for my health. I am slowly coming off medications. One step at a time, it is a journey and each time I look in the mirror I am still a little surprised to see the new me!

You look Amazing!!! Way too goooo!!

Aww ty

"I believe a magic number does not exist, as there are too many variables to factor. How many calories are consumed, amount of exercise, age, genetics, etc. Anyone that believes that the surgery alone will lead them to their goal weight is mistaken. WE must change our eating habits and refrain from eating the foods that lead to our obesity."

I totally agree with you on this. That's the part that is so important to realize. My surgeon told me I could expect to lose 60-70% of my excess weight from the surgery alone, which would be 70 to 80 lbs for me. The rest he said would come off if I stuck with the lifestyle changes. He emphasized how people can defeat their WLS by not sticking with their plan and returning to the habits that caused them to be so obese in the first place. It is my biggest fear that I could go off the rails and regain all the weight I've lost!

Simply being aware of what can happen makes me certain you will not return to your old habits. Despite getting cravings every now and then, I absolutely refuse to cave...even a little (which often leads to alot). After all, nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Sw: 356

Cw: 244

I've lost 111.4 pounds. My surgery was 2/20/13

Nice job!!!!!!

WTG!!!!

I was sleeved on July 24 2013 and now it is Dec 6th. I am down 86 pounds from my day of surgery weight os 341. I feel fantastic. I am so happy with my stamina and that I can walk, exercise, tie my shoes!!!! I can now go to the range and shoot matches and score my own targets. Life has gotten so much better for me. I can't tell you guys how happy I am that I had this surgery. I'm one happy 60 year old man.

I was sleeved on July 24 2013 and now it is Dec 6th. I am down 86 pounds from my day of surgery weight os 341. I feel fantastic. I am so happy with my stamina and that I can walk, exercise, tie my shoes!!!! I can now go to the range and shoot matches and score my own targets. Life has gotten so much better for me. I can't tell you guys how happy I am that I had this surgery. I'm one happy 60 year old man.

Yay!!!!!' That's great

I'm glad I found this thread again. I had been following it but lost it (and many others) in the upgrade :/ I was sleeved on 2/27/13. SW:260. CW:168. GW:160 (I think). Almost there. Hope to hit 160 by the New Year! 92lbs gone forever!

I'm down 91 lbs. I'm 18 lbs from my goal. I am very happy with my sleeve. My husband is having surgery on Jan 2nd!

I'm down 91 lbs. I'm 18 lbs from my goal. I am very happy with my sleeve. My husband is having surgery on Jan 2nd!

My DOS was also 2/20/13!!

Dos = 224

Cw = 168

Gw = 150 then 135

Hello fellow February babies! I am very proud of everyone in this thread, it is very inspiring to read. I haven't been motivated to work out at all. :( I know I have to, but I can't seem to get moving. Dec 11,2013 I had a robotic assisted hysterectomy. I can't do anything for two weeks now expect walking. I was told to do weight training to tone loose skin? Anyone have some exercises that worked for that? At least I can get the equipment ready while I'm down for 2 weeks. My weight loss is super slow. I seem to be playing with the same 5 pounds. I think only exercise will boost it again. I also find it strange I keep the weight the same but my body is changing in size. I'm in size 8 and some 10. Same as my sister who wears the same size as me but weighs 140?? I'm big boned. She is not. Any advice on kicking it back up to loose?

SW: 232

CW: 169

GW: 135

Many blessings to all!

Hello fellow February babies! I am very proud of everyone in this thread, it is very inspiring to read. I haven't been motivated to work out at all. :( I know I have to, but I can't seem to get moving. Dec 11,2013 I had a robotic assisted hysterectomy. I can't do anything for two weeks now expect walking. I was told to do weight training to tone loose skin? Anyone have some exercises that worked for that? At least I can get the equipment ready while I'm down for 2 weeks. My weight loss is super slow. I seem to be playing with the same 5 pounds. I think only exercise will boost it again. I also find it strange I keep the weight the same but my body is changing in size. I'm in size 8 and some 10. Same as my sister who wears the same size as me but weighs 140?? I'm big boned. She is not. Any advice on kicking it back up to loose?

Many blessings to all!

You're right that exercise will improve your shape. I started strength training a few months ago and it is making a difference. I have dumbbells of various weights, a balance ball, and a plyometric box at home. As I have gotten more into working out I've added a few things but to get started get some weights and get moving! You'll do great if you stick with it. There are lots of free workout videos on YouTube.

Many blessings to all!

I haven't been exercising at all!!

So glad this forum is back online. I've decided I need it to stay on top of myself. I was sleeved 02/04/2013. I am very close to goal and have lost quite a bit of weight, more than 130lbs. This final stretch is killing me! Glad have you guys back.