Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I hear lots of people complaining on how little liquids they can handle. I almost feel guilty...sleeved a week ago today' date=' & I can gulp Protein Shakes, Water, broth, whatever. I had 70+Oz. of liquids today, & could've easily handled a lot more.

Feeling pretty good. I think I'm going to be able to handle food pretty well.[/quote']

You are one of the lucky ones lol. I was sleeved on the 25th and still sipping. Anything other than a sip causes discomfort. Do you get gas pains?

Ok I am kind of worried, we got back from the store and I sat on the couch and started having a pain in my abdomin, it hurts to the touch right by my belly button! Has anyone had this happen! I am 3 weeks out and have had no complications so far! So a random pain worries me! Not trying to ask medical advice just want to know if anyone else has experienced this or something like it! It doesn't hurt all the time just when I try to get up or if I touch the area or bend over!

I had pain couple weeks afterward just to left of button. Come to find out it was my heparin site of injection. Nasty bruise. Other than that nothing.

got sleeved on feb, 13 2013...lost 45lbs to date i was 419 lbs i have so much more energy already! :)

I had pain couple weeks afterward just to left of button. Come to find out it was my heparin site of injection. Nasty bruise. Other than that nothing.

Thank you Kimo for posting! I hope that is all it is! It just scared me because it came on all of the sudden!

I'm 2 weeks out and haven't lost in 5 days. You're not alone. Hang in there.

I am 3 weeks out tomorrow and I have only lost 5 lbs! My clothes are looser so it must be inches???? I really hope we are still loosing the fluids given to us and that we are not " slow losers". Very frustrating!!

You are one of the lucky ones lol. I was sleeved on the 25th and still sipping. Anything other than a sip causes discomfort. Do you get gas pains?

A little gas pain here & there. I'm going to buy some Gas X strips tomorrow & see if that helps

ME TOO!!! I actually get worried cuz I can't even tell I had surgery. Once or twice I had a weird pain but that's it. I feel bad saying it cuz the people next to me at the surgery center cried out all night. I have not gone off my scheduled diet but I don't feel hungry and I don't feel full, it's just so new! I feel so lucky that I haven't had pain or complications as of yet. Hope it continue this way!

Um, I think that was me crying out in surgery center on the 21st. I was in the middle room and left first at 5am

Um, I think that was me crying out in surgery center on the 21st. I was in the middle room and left first at 5am

Omg!!! The woman in the middle did leave at 5! Were u at Puget sound surgical center? If so, I hope you are feeling better. You seemed to be in so much pain all night. How is everything going for you now at 2 weeks out?

I've been reading this thread for a few days now. I love how supportive everyone is! Support is so important when making a life changing decision like Bariatric Surgery. I was sleeved on 2/27 and have had a fairly "text book" recovery. I'm happy to read that most people, while facing various challenges, are making it thru ok. Congrats to everyone and hang in there! We got this!

Sleeved 2/20 so far 12lbs gone. I feel great! Joined a gym yesterday. I'm still struggling with the Water intake however I can drink my Protein Shakes with no problems yesterday I was able to drink 40 oz of water so it gets easier I guess.

Had surgery Mon. 2/25. Out of the hospital on Wed., well enough for normal activity by Friday. No post-op complications. The hardest thing right now is getting used to eating (pureed food) and drinking SLOWLY. If I swallow too much food, or gulp Water instead of sipping, I get a slight pain/spasm, as if my body is yelling, "SLOW DOWN!"

My "official" weight when i started my two-week pre-op liquid diet was 372. One week after surgery, I'm down to 350. 22 pounds in three weeks!

Omg!!! The woman in the middle did leave at 5! Were u at Puget sound surgical center? If so, I hope you are feeling better. You seemed to be in so much pain all night. How is everything going for you now at 2 weeks out?

Yes that's me. It was the gas pains. They were awful. I've never hurt like that , landerholm did my surgery. He was awesome. I'm doing good. Down 12 since that day. Stayed the same the last couple days. I'm just tired now. Having two Protein Shakes and a tiny bit of food takes a whole day to get down. How are you doing ?

I waited until my staples came out. So 11 days!

got sleeved on feb' date=' 13 2013...lost 45lbs to date i was 419 lbs i have so much more energy already! :)[/quote']

Congrats to your weight loss so far!!

Sleeved 2/20 so far 12lbs gone. I feel great! Joined a gym yesterday. I'm still struggling with the Water intake however I can drink my Protein Shakes with no problems yesterday I was able to drink 40 oz of water so it gets easier I guess.

I was sleeved on 2/18 and I still am having issues getting in all my fluids too, but it is getting better. I need to actually track the total I'm doing each day.