Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kick me in the butt please...

I'm 8 1/2 months post-op. I've done well @ 114 pounds lost. From a size 30/32 to an 18. I've gotten rid of all prescription medications (blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol) except allergy meds. The only medical condition not significantly improved is my knee pain. Because I'm more active, they actually hurt worse than pre-op.

Unfortunately, I've lost my momentum and just don't care if I lose any more weight. I want to eat everything in site (I'm drinking my Water and taking my PPI). I don't care if I exercise right now.

How do you get back on track? How do you care again that you're still overweight and have 75 more pounds to lose when you've already lost so much?

Well you know Robyn, not everyone is going to fit into these little perfect BMI classifications. You are off all your meds and you have lost over 100 pounds and that is really significant You might need to just take a month or two, maintain, and let that all sink in.

That being said, your still 75 pounds overweight technically, and if that is bothersome to you, then by all means, please, get to working on it. I'm just not so sure that you might not just need a break from weight loss mode. If you do need a break it's really important to continue to weigh in and make sure you are not gaining.

If you are motivated to get back on track, I would recommend checking out myfitnesspal.com if you are not already on there. It's an excellent way to track all activity and calories.

I've been stalled at 178 since before the holidays. I had been starting to think that was it for me. I'm still a little overweight by BMI, but I feel pretty great. I'd also not been exercising, not since late summer.

I'm not sure what finally kicked me in the but, maybe it was my mom joining the gym, but I finally got my tush back on the treadmill. someone posted about a running app/program that I downloaded. I actually ran for 9 minutes last night! Something about this has grabbed me and I'm excited about it- about seeing if I can make it to the next level (c25k is the running program).

I have two problem areas I'd like to improve-my stomach and back. My stomach may take a Tummy Tuck but I really, really want to get rid of my back fat. I think running is inspired by my desire to tone up some.

I get where you're at- or I think I get it! Don't give up on yourself. This is hard, even with the help of the sleeve, it's work every day. You'll find your groove or the right inspiration, just don't close yourself off to it!

You have had a long journey. I don't blame you for not wanting to exercise with knee pain. Have you ever heard of volterin gel? It is a anti inflamitory that you apply to the skin and it helps quit a bit with knee pain(at least mine) I would think that a topical NSAID would not be to bad. I know you probably have heard this but some form of exercise does help to get the metabolism moving agian and will help with the "I'm starving" thing. Maybe some pool activities??

I have also heard that depression is very common with WLS ( I am worried about it post op) you might consider an antidepressant. I hope you can just get to a comfortable place because you deserve it

I was to the point of pain where I went from the couch to chair to bed. I needed and had 2 knee replacements 17 months ago. Water exercise saved my sanity and helped me to exercise and improve my mood.

I have not tried the voltaren gel. I will talk to my PCP about it.

My surgeon strongly encourage me to NOT do any knee surgery prior to one year post-op. He said it's a major killer for weight loss. I'm just focusing on walking right now. My goal is at least 45 minutes a day.

I think right now, I'm just taking it easy- trying to be reasonable. The family had chicken and dumplings last night. I had chicken stew (1 chicken breast, 1/2 can green Beans, 1 cup butternut squash cubes, 4 baby carrots and 1/2 potato, chicken broth.) I really wanted the chicken and dumplings but I only had the one bite to taste seasoning before I served it and that was just the broth.

Hopefully I can just keep being reasonable with my food and walking and not get set back until I can get my head back wrapped around weight loss.

I did hop on the scale yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that I had lost 2 pounds. Maybe I can do the "reasonable" life style now that I never could do before.