Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

omg never ever again..

I'd agree with you most times Grace, but one thing I was told to avoid at all costs for the first six weeks was throwing up. It causes spasms that can cause leaks. Avoiding throwing up means stick to the foods your doc said to eat, don't over eat, and don't eat too much. It's really important!

OP your doc allows curried rice at less than three weeks out? Most of us are told to avoid rice for several months (I was cleared for rice at 3 in very limited amounts).

You might want to try anti nausea pills if you have any or tums, antacids, whatever you have on hand but I'd skip the vomiting if possible. And rice for some time! :P

totally true, forgot she was so early out.

I thought we were supposed to avoid throwing up at all costs? Especially until totally healed? I know it cant be helped sometimes, but it would scare me.to intentionally induce vomiting.

yeah pretty much, I forgot she was so fresh out of surgery when I typed that. Chances are whats done is done anyway but yeah, when you are fresh post op throwing up isn't ideal.

yeah pretty much' date=' I forgot she was so fresh out of surgery when I typed that. Chances are whats done is done anyway but yeah, when you are fresh post op throwing up isn't ideal.[/quote']

GIven what she was eating I totally missed how fresh her surgery was as well (read it as 20 weeks) but then I went back and saw it was 20 days and after the horror left me (what surgeon wouldn't be clear about this?) I posted. I can see why you missed it Grace :) Rice is something most surgeons specifically cover because it does cause so many issues for sleevers.

I had it after three months and I only ate 1/4 cup and have to report it was just fine (it was Risotto rice) but I still only eat 1/4 at a time and only when I've had all of my Protein for the day because that removes a meal for me.

Curried what and why are you eating rice? You are only three weeks out should you not be on a pureed/mushy stage? Follow your nutritional guidelines.

Well guys I did make myself throw up but it didn't help..I had to ride it out...I got sleeved in mx they gave me a list and I didn't see rice on there but learned my lesson BIG TIME

Wow it's good to knows this, rice is one of my fav foods but I will put that in the very far off list.....

I hope you're feeling better OP!

I've heard that about rice and bread, that you have to be very careful with quantities because they swell.

I am almost 6 wks out and started eating v. spicy food at about a week and a half, I just couldn't take the blandness anymore (I'm Indian, it is genetic :)) I would buy thai Soup, ask for it extra spicy, then run it through the blender. So I'm pretty sure spice is not contraindicated per se, thank goodness.

Thank goodness! I am 5 days post-op and I love my spicy foods. The bland life has been tolerable but I am sure I can only do another 2 weeks of it before I start rebelling.

to those concerned with how i am feeling thank you for your support...to the others shaking their heads at me...get off my thread i did not come here to be bullied and shamed for making a mistake and i seriously doubt im the first person to eat something off their nutrition list. I made a mistake learned from it and wont do it again but this does not make you better than me for following your guidelines to the T...im also pretty sure that the reason we all had this surgery is because we do STRUGGLE with food so please a little less criticism and a little more support would be greatly appreciated

to those concerned with how i am feeling thank you for your support...to the others shaking their heads at me...get off my thread i did not come here to be bullied and shamed for making a mistake and i seriously doubt im the first person to eat something off their nutrition list. I made a mistake learned from it and wont do it again but this does not make you better than me for following your guidelines to the T...im also pretty sure that the reason we all had this surgery is because we do STRUGGLE with food so please a little less criticism and a little more support would be greatly appreciated

I'm sure you will be fine. Lesson learned right? I messed up a few days ago and had frozen yogurt. I am still shaking my head at myself wondering why I did that. I was pretty ill from it too. hopefully your stomach isn't too inflamed from getting sick. You may want to go back to softer foods for a day or two just to take it easy.

I am not sleeved, I have a band and I have lived with food getting stuck, all kinds of issues. I eat spicy food daily but the one thing that brings my stomach to a boil is curry. I love Indian food but it does not love me. Even worse if it is prepared outside of your own home. Be careful for the after effects because it could take a day or two. I would revert back to bland and mushy if I were you....oh, and try to get some banana in as well, it should bind you up a bit after the curry storm.

rice is a no no to eat after bariatric surgery..shame then for not posting it on your list.....