Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been a while since I've been on here. I'm curious to see how everyone is doing.

I was sleeved December 19th and I'm only down 24 lbs.

I really thought it would be a lot more. So that's depressing...

I still throw up at least once a day. Usually 2-3...

I'm on Prilosec now and it's gotten a lil better.

I'm not at the point were I love the sleeve

But hopefully I'll get there..

Oh how I can relate! Surgery was 12/21 and down 20 lbs. I was hoping for me.

In the last few weeks the acid problem has gotten much worse for me. I've been on Prilosec 2x day the entire time but it does not seem to be doing the job anymore. Also, I was getting nauseous a lot and couldn't figure out why. I missed my Vitamins a couple of days in a row and guess what? No nausea. I now cut the pill in half and take it in two doses....the evening and right before bed. It does seem to have helped.

Lets keep the faith!

~Dana

I was sleeved on 12-11-12 i was 372 on surgury down from 415. I weighed tonight and down to 328. I started prilosec tonight due to burning in throat and stomach for a couple of days. I have never gad indigestion or acid reflux before surgury. How do you both feel now? I still only feel about 85%. I have been slack on the Vitamins and started them back religously today. All food is ok, chicken sets as little heavy. I also just stopped 9 years of high lood psi medicine in te last 10 days. I think my body is still in such flux that it is still trying to figure out normal. any suggestions????? I'm well on the Protein but consistently only around 40 - 50 oz of fluid.......

I was sleeved on 12/20. I've lost 47lbs, 27lbs since surgery. I've tried upping my calories, lowering my carbs, upping my Water, exercising 2xday for 30mins. Nothing seems to move the scale. I've almost come to the conclusion that maybe I won't lose any more.

I was sleeved on December 18th and have lost 27 pounds. I lost 20 of that in the first three weeks but then the weight loss really slowed down. I'm eating 600-700 calories a day, drinking only Water (85 oz. a day), and getting in about 50 grams of Protein. I started doing the treadmill an hour a day this week and have starting losing again. I just don't understand why I'm not losing more quickly when my calories are so low.

Thankfully I have only vomited twice since I got home from the hospital. Once from eating a bite or two too much salmon, once eating too much of a fish taco. At the hospital I threw up the entire two days I was there (ugh!)

I do feel really good and am hopeful that my weight loss will start going more quickly now that I'm exercising.

Hope we all start losing more! :-)

Hi everyone, I was sleeved on December 18, 2012, I am down 41 lbs. I had stalled for a week and found that the more Protein I get the faster I lose weight. So I have and egg (17 grams protein)or cheese for Breakfast, Protein Shake (30 grams protein) at about 11:00 a.m., more protein for lunch like chili (3oz)(16 grams protein)which is around 2:00 and then dinner I will have protein and a vegi. So far so good. I wish everyone well

I was sleeved December 11. I was 280 before surgery and 276 day of surgery and weighed in this morning at 247. So, I've lost 29 since surgery day and 35 overall. I feel like I should be loosing more but I have to admit while I'm eating all my Protein (20g @ meal) I think I may be getting to many carbs due to fresh fruit and some chocolate cravings where I've had the Hershey Simply singles.

I haven't thrown up at all, but I do get esophogeal spasms if I try to eat to fast. I am still taking the omeprosol (prilosec) and ursidol (for gall bladder). I don't get in enough fluids. Although thank god I can finally drink Water again! I couldn't drink Water until week 7 and this past Tuesday was 8 wks for me, but I'm only getting in 2 glasses of water a day. I am trying to increase that by keeping the large (17 oz) water bottles at my desk at work so its right there and I don't have to get up to get water. But it does feel heavy on my stomach. I really don't like the artifical sweetners in crystal light or mio, but sometimes add lemon juice to break the surface tension.

I get in at least an hour of walking a day but am also trying to do my exercise bike at least 3x @ wk and want to build myself up to doing it every day.

I feel myself falling back into some of my old eating habits, reaching for crackers and PB or cheese instead of eating something more nutritious. Gotta get back in line. Best of luck to everyone!