Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Well, I had the mani-pedi today and it felt sooo good to soak my feet in hot, bubbling Water. I even came home and topped it off with a long, hot shower. I have felt cold and damp in Seattle for days now. I even cranked the heat up in my house another 5 degrees.

I managed to walk the dog in the park today- nothing major, but it got me off the couch. And I have almost finished 64 ounces of water, so it's been a good day.

Kristin- I like the calorie count site. Thanks!

Nite all! I am watching Nacho Libre and finishing my water then off to bed.

Phewwwwwww someone else said it, go away for a few days and theres tonne's to catch up on. I'm just back from 2 nights away at the beach. It's summer here and it was awesome to get away and enjoy the sun and some relaxation - great for recharging the batteries ;)

dream:

3rd week before you can have more than clear Soup, you must be counting the days, get those smoothies wipped up oh and don't forget the noodles in the Soup YUM. My favourite so far is........ Velish Soup mixed with a can of Spicy Tomatoe Mmmmm. Who would ever think I could get excited about soup.

Skinnymom:

LMAO @ ground runny chicken & salad (ENJOY) To be honest I feel a bit at a loss as to what I can have once I get to vitamsied food, I just can't visualise vitamised steak or salad It has to be visualy pleasing to eat for me. I think I've had a break through from the mood swings over the weekend. I'm into the 3rd week now & the gas pains have subsided alot, thw incision pains have eased immensly. I found myself with more energy and feeling better about life. I replaced my morning and afternoon milky drink, with a Protein shake and I feel a whole lot better, I'm not anywhere as hungry or moody. I even managed a walk (small as it was).

Carol453:

Holding you in my prayers for the new job - Good Luck :) let us know how you go :girl_hug:

Okiefamily-wtg on the walk! That will really boost your efforts. I haven't tried the pouches yet, as I am not on soft foods but I too would like to know if they are any good.

Denise-that drink sounds yummy. Definitely consider checking out bariatriceating.com. There selection is good, they sell samples, and there shipping is quick!

OfferRocker-I love that bariaticeating site too! I will take all the help I can get. Thanks for the other site. I will have to check that out.

Have a good weekend everyone.

OfferRocker:

Hey Thanks for the sites, they are excellent, I've had a quick browse and saved them and I'll have a better look when I get home again, just off to have coffee & catch up with a friend. Thanks for sharing ;)

okiefamily:

Kristin, as far as restriction feelings go, I'm still on liquids, however when I eat yoghurt (not so liquidy) I can only mange a half a cup, before I start to feel full and sick, so I'm guessing once I get to soft mushy vitamised food, I will be very restricted? As for calories, I'm eating around 800-900 a day, but not really losing. However I put it down to holding fluids. When I had surgery and was in hospital, I had only 3 glasses of juice for the 4 days I was admitted and spent the entire time being fed by a drip. scales showed I dropped 5.4 kilo's (11.88 pounds) in those 4 days. And Yet since I've come home only having 800 or so calories a day (liquids) I'm not losing, so I must be storing the fluids, theres no way I can't lose weight on 800 calories a day!

Gerbera...sometimes it seems like you won't lose if you don't have enough calories. Could you be eating too little? I don't know if that is possible, but you never know.

Hi everyone - had to read two pages snc friday. How is everyone doing. thank god I am doing so much better. I am in alot less pain and have shortened my liquid diet (on my own) and am tolerating it well. I too am grateul to have all of you for support and dthose who want to be off by themselves - its okay as long as the rest of us stay on board to support one another.

I do have a question - how do you now if you have a restriction or if something is not gong to go down. Hw can you tell the difference between that and a gas bubble - which is still painful?

by the way - I am still waiting and yearning fr chicken salad in the musie stage (in a blender of course). crazy craving no?! and to think I am not even pregnant and dhaving such a crazy craving. anyone else having other crazy cravings???

by the way - lookd for the steady losers thread and cant find it - have they gone missing??? what thread have the ones that left us gone to??

For cripes sake, do you people read?

No one has "LEFT" December Bandsters. Just to explain it so that everyone can understand - it seems some of the group is intent on villainizing others, calling us "mean girls" and intimating that we treat the newbies like fat girls and whatnot. How absolutely ridiculous.

A group of us post in another thread. Big deal. We also post here. If you'd take the time to read what we posted (as some have done) you'll see that we spell out our intentions, and we have done what we said we'd do.

We girltalk over there with the people we got to know over the past 6+ weeks. We became friends. With all of the wonderful new members on DB, it's hard to keep up with each other. I get the feeling that some of you think we've done something wrong by chatting in another thread. WTF kind of logic is that? We haven't abandoned you, we haven't made another December Bandsters thread, we haven't started a member's only club, we haven't padlocked the door and we don't speak in code.

If your feelings are hurt by the new thread, you may want to get your hypersensitivity in check. And if you have questions about the other thread, ask us. Don't talk around us, that only stirs the pot and causes conflict where there is none. It's not like most of the friends in Steady Losers aren't still active here. It's just plain rude.

We are definitely here to support each other. Not only in this thread, but on this entire LapBandTalk message board.

Having gotten THAT off my chest....

247Realtor - you are getting banded in Feb, or a fill in Feb? Just curious. If you want to know the positive and negatives of being banded, read the previous pages. It's all there in black and white! ;) (or other HTML coded colors).

As far as restriction goes, I am finding that I can eat any and everything. I sucked down a piece of pie the other night and it was right at home in my belly. I was full as all hell though. Yesterday I did 3 liquids and 1 meal. And 1 snack. I have got to do better. My scale hasn't moved in days. Fortunately I'm exercising, so it's not going up.

Okiefam - I'm eating between 800 - 1200 calories. I think our bodies are in shock right now, truth be told. I was on an 800 calorie diet for 2 weeks, then I was only getting about 200 calories per day for 2 weeks. So now that I'm eating a normal amount of calories, my bod isn't giving up the fat like I think it should. I think soon enough it will regulate itself. I'd love to stick to eating about 800 calories per day most days. I'm thinking of 800c for 11 days and then more calories for 3 days. That should be enough to shake up my metabolism into not thinking I'm starving. I have bought the salmon in the chicken Of the Sea ready to eat package. 70cals, 15g Protein. It's boneless and skinless. That's the only one I've tried. I whipped it in my mini-processor with FF cream cheese, FF yogurt and added lemon juice, lemon pepper and dill. It was really good and creamy.

OfferRocker - Thanks for the sites. BariatricBytes is a new one for me. I know KayDot has ordered the sample packs from BE.com and loves 'em. I keep meaning to give that a try. I just ordered sample packs from Unjury.com ($1.75 pack & $2.95 shipping). Haven't used them yet.

Denise - are the products Bariatrix products? Sounds like it may be what I was on for 5 friggin weeks. http://bariatrix.com/english/products/ If you like the Isopure drinks, you can order them online for cheaper than they are in GNC, but I've only found them by the case. Some have 160cals, others have 260cals - depending on the flavor. I have only tried 3 so far, but like the Orange Ice and the Mango something. They were like Snapple, kind of. If you order enough products, you can usually get free shipping.

siyah - Nacho Libre. HA! Jack Black is **such** an idiot. I'm so jealous that you had a YOU day. I'm going to have to follow suit. You feel like a new woman, don't you? And did I mention how much I love Seattle? I'd live out there in a heartbeat. One of my best girlfriends is in Kent. and her Mom is in Auburn.

Gerbera - don't forget to take your measurements. Sometimes the scale won't move but your body will still shrink. You have to believe that if you are eating well and exercising, it's doing some good to your body. Don't just rely on the scale. That thing is the devil.

skinnymom - I know the feeling about craving chicken salad. I was craving blue cheese yesterday something awful. I found an unopened container of blue cheese crumbles (which expired on December 9) in my fridge and I whipped up some Blue Cheese Chicken salad in my mini-processor. Oh man it was to die for! Nothing like satisfying a craving, is there? I've never had anything stuck so I can't tell you the difference between that and a gas bubble.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday!

Nathalie

I totally agree with nat we have bonded, and just could not keep up with all the posts.

I still will post here and I hope I am welcome this is not a cool girls meand girls we are here to offer support..

I was only banded on the 18th of dec and I hope to stay in close contact with each of you because we can compare weight loss and tips

As many of u have said since we "left" yall can read the posts easier this was what we hoped to accomplish by some talking in different places

I will keep up with u guys

I love this thread It has helped me through some hard days

lets not be ladies like the guys think we are and bitch and complain over ever thing come on we are smart women lets make this work

i personally feel very bad that you guys left - I understand the reason - but you are the "old timers" with all the good advice. all us newbies are the ones who dont know what to expect and look up to the guys with the experience! I think thats why people felt so bad you left the dember bandsters (the ones like me who were banded late in december) well anyway - i wish you guys good luck with losing. thanks for the good advice and support till now.

No one left. I don't know what you are talking about.

Old Timers? nope. Ive been banded 3 weeks. Check out other threads; some of them have been here for years. We are a group of people that wanted to discuss certain things.

That is what a Thread is.

Read the posts. They clearly said we were still posting in BOTH locations. So' date=' what is the problem?

The point is... this is a [b']support BOARD[/b]. No one was being left out. You can post anywhere you choose to post. There are multiple threads in multiple areas that we all post on. Low BMI, High BMI, Slow Losers -- they are all threads that we could choose to belong to. The beauty is...that a board is designed for people to go anywhere they need to go.

I found out about all the name calling because I came to THIS thread to POST comments, and when I got there and started reading, I saw all of the negativity taking place directed at the people who started the thread in the first place.

Honestly, that is not the way to get people to continue posting on ANY thread.

I am a very nice ecouraging person. Look at my posts. You wont see me being negative anywhere. I don't appreciate anyone implying that I or anyone else has done anything wrong.

Now can we please continue discussing our positive successes instead of having to respond to irrational negativity?

Please. Enough is enough. We came here to help each other. I personally am frustrated by what has happened. We are all adults here, and this whole discussion needs to end now.

There is no more reason to draw anything out. This is all the explanation that anyone should need.

I thank you in advance for being postive and respectful in the future.

Good Morning everyone.

I am here for positive support and guidance :::grin:::

How is everyone's weekend? Mine is super busy and as has been the case for the past few weeks, totally centered around food events. UGH! Yesterday was my last official holiday party and it was crazy how much food there was. I took a dessert sized plate and ate some squash and a little potato since it was mushy (though I am still technically on liquids until Thursday). It was the best I could do. I chewed it to smithereens and ate very slowly. Today I am off to a football party. I am going to bring some of my potato Soup to eat. That should be fine.

It is just hard to readjust to not eating and I cannot believe how many of my life events are centered around food. No wonder I got so heavy! Even is you indulge a little at each even, it will surely add up. I think I have been to 7 or 8 different events in the past month that have had huge displays of food. It is enough to make a starving girl lose her mind! haha. But I am happy to say that I am getting through it all!

I had a heavy sleep on my stomach last night and when I woke up, my tummy was sore. Must have been too much pressure. Anyone else have that problem?

Have a good day everyone.

First let me start by getting this out of the way:

NGADAMS - Aren't you being a bit hypocrital? YOu state that "we haven't made another December Bandsters thread, we haven't started a member's only club, we haven't padlocked the door and we don't speak in code." YET, in that other thread it is mentioned that the people there got some kind of PM invite and someone even said "how do we keep the others out" and someone else replied "we can just ignore them" - isn't that a bit catty?? This IS a support group, after all. That's not very supportive.

Beaversman, Although you do post in both places - and we've PMed before too and I find you very supportive and encouragin - YOu cannot claim that the other board was not way around the folks in this one that were late comers to your group. I cannot claim that I did not feel a bit left-out when I accidently stumbled across your other thread, but as I've stated here before - it has been easier to keep up with the posts with fewer people here. So maybe those left can bond just like you all have? I have no hard feelings now. What's done is done. Thanks for all your great tips and support!! ;)

Bandiva - I COMPLETELY AGREE WIT HYOU with not feeling restricted!!!! I am on mushies and feel I can eat much more than I should. The first time I felt "REALLY" full was last night for dinner. I had a half of baked potato and a bowl of chili. I cann't wait for my first fill which occurs on Feb. 2nd (the earliest my doc will allow it - 6 weeks post-op). I think if I wanted to (I don't............ really) I could eat a pizza!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe

Kristin - ditto!!!!!! And I love that site too, thanks!!! :)

Okiefamily - PAT ON THE BACK FOR YOU!!!!! :):) Good for you! I have been walking as well, but certainly not as far as you! I get a mile in, if that. I also agree that you could be eating too little. I say that because I went 4 days with no loss and a bit of a gain, then I began mushies, and I started losing again!!!! So try putting a few MORE calories into your diet and see if the scale moves! GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Denise - that yogert/OJ/Protein shake sounds yummy!!! I will def. give it a try! :girl_hug: thanks for the tip!

BKWalling - Thank you for your posts!!!!! This site is about getting through the tough times! I appreciate you and all the guys and gals who give great support here!!!!! Thank you!!!

Kay - Aren't parties the worst???????? Bring a nice Jello mold with you, then you have something you can snack on! hehe --- We all picked one of the toughest times to start with the holidays and such. But now is a better time as any, right? A great new year/holiday gift to ourselves!!! :) Also, I've ALWAYS been a tummy-sleeper. It was SOOOOOOOOOO hard the first 2 weeks. But now I sleep on either side or my tummy easily! YEH! So, it will come!!!

:hug: Hugs,

Jess

I am feeling discouraged because of my lack of restriction and that I haven't lost any weight in a week. I have been eating really well, except for last night when I had fish and rice for supper, then about an hour later I had rice again, and then about an hour later I had rice again. I think I am still going to have to eat low carb, because I am definately addicted to carbs.

Siyah- I know what you mean about the weather. I live in Victoria and I am soooooo sick of the rain. We don't usually get it that bad but this year it has been pouring - not raining, pouring for weeks! I expect to wake up and see Noah and the arc.

Kay- I know what you mean about the food events. For me, food was/is my companion through good/bad/happy/sad/excited/depressed/stress/boredom etc etc. I really have to deal with that to get the most out of my banding experience.

SkinnyMom- I have only had one experience of something not going down well. It was bread, and when you have the feeling of something that may get stuck, believe me you will know! It hurts! That will teach me for thinking I could have just a few bites. lol. I haven't really had gas pain, but if you are, are you using Gas-X. Works for me.

I am glad we have moved on to happy thoughts. Nothing but love from here on in....:kiss2: Bye for now!

First let me start by getting this out of the way:

NGADAMS - Aren't you being a bit hypocrital? YOu state that "we haven't made another December Bandsters thread, we haven't started a member's only club, we haven't padlocked the door and we don't speak in code." YET, in that other thread it is mentioned that the people there got some kind of PM invite and someone even said "how do we keep the others out" and someone else replied "we can just ignore them" - isn't that a bit catty?? This IS a support group, after all. That's not very supportive.

Did you read what was written or do you have your selective memory engaged? Here's what was said - since you seem hung up on misquoting me, I'll cut and paste.

Steph asked "ok so now how do you keep others out?"

Note, she didn't say THE others (as in the other December Bandsters). She said OTHERS as in any people we don't know.

I answered: HA! I don't think we can keep others out, but we can ignore them if they post in here. (((laughing))) That was mean, and of course I didn't mean it.

Now if you know more about what I meant by those words, then by all means, explain it to me.

Nothing I've done or said is hypocritical. There are numerous explanations as to why we post in that thread over there. I invite you to read (and understand) what was said. You're the main person vocalizing your displeasure about the thread. Stirring up unnecessary drama is as unsupportive as one can get, as far as I'm concerned.

Just as YOU said: "It was so much easier to check in today, so fewer posts!!! I think since a large group within this group took off to another place (yeh, being I just got here, I was a little offended by that, but whatever, there are other GREAT people left behind with me... so I'm happy about that!) And it has made it easier to stay caught up!!! ;) YEH!" That was our motivation to take our personal chit chat to another place - it's easier to keep up.

Any other questions? Or can we put this behind us now?

Nathalie