Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Wow! Wheat thins! I am scared to eat anything. My dr. wants me on Liquid Protein for 4 weeks. Wheat thins sound like heaven. I don't know how I am going to make if for 4 weeks. I don't get why these drs. all have different opintions on how long you have to be on liquids. I don't want to mess anything up. I might not make it 4 weeks but I am going to try to do at least 3 weeks before moving to mushy.

I was banded fri. and I am going back to work tomorrow, tues. I was going to take a week off, but I don't see the point. I am not in any pain. I went to the movies today. I just feel like I did a lot of sit ups. I would call it a little sore, but not pain. I feel bad for those that are in pain. The only complaint I have is I want to eat! It's better today though than yesterday. Yesterday, I thought I would starve. Today, I have had several Protein drinks and keep thinking that I must be losing weight. I haven't weighed yet, but I am going to do that tomorrow morning.

I would really like to keep in touch with everyone who was banded in Dec. I know I am going to need the support. Good luck to everyone!

Hi all December Bandsters!!!

What an exciting 2007 this will be for all of us! I can hardly contain my excitement! Or is it really all the drugs??? haha

I was banded on the 27th of December like kkleslie. I am SO thankful & grateful for my band! Not to mention this forum....knowing we're all doing this together is FANTASTIC.

I'm surprisingly not on liquids anymore, since being released from the hospital. My doc wants me to return to "normal" eating, just chewing & eating really slow. So far, so good! Of course, I've been choosing easy to eat foods like fish & mashed potatoes. I had oatmeal too & what a warm comforting food after surgery! It's truly amazing how I finally feel FULL after eating a really reasonable amount. Before, I felt like I could eat forever & never feel full. I am so relieved!!!

Is anyone out there going to support groups? This forum is my support group, so thank you to everybody for posting here with advice & support!

We can & WILL succeed!

beversman i was pissed on 29th of dec 2 weeks after surgery had4 glassesof wine and a cocktail ....im human and im had great fun !!!!

this awful long journey i think it is important to have a night out or fun in with friends ,i think the whole point of this is to learn that nothing is forbidden but its all things in moderation.

(sigh) at least im not the only one then... :-) thank goodness.

im still behaving with my eating... soooooo.

I just figured that it made me feel better to say it, and if anyone else did it... they would feel like they weren't alone. Learn from my mistakes.

I think that outta hold me over for at least a couple more months (or longer)... lol

I am still using my elliptical machine... pureeing everything in sight. :-) Boy, some things just don't taste right when they are all mushed up.

I am posting for my husband who reads but never posts.

He was banded Dec. 8th. He also had Dr. Van Rueden Jessica. Your experience was same as his except my husband had no vein issues but was a bit nauseated in recovery and had trouble voiding but eventually went.

Now he is 25 days out he is on mushy foods. He will have first fill at next doctors visit which is the end of January if I remember correctly.

He already looks like a new person. From behind he looks thin. The belly is shrinking. He is doing great. Sometimes he has so much energy and other times is exhausted.

I enjoy reading all your posts. It helps me as a spouse of a banded person. We haven't pureed meat yet. Mostly eating eggs, cheese, Protein pudding and shakes and salmon,tuna and my mock mashed potato recipe made with cauliflower. We have a Magic Bullet too. My husband has had some Soups too but they tend to be too salty for him. Black Bean from Pannera a favorite for both of us.

I lurk all the time here and I am not banded or overweight(now but was 35 pounds heavier in the past). I should probably have my own sign in but you can see my husband's progress when I post so I'll stay on his.

This is a great thread and I wish you all the best. You can do it!!!!

wow thats fantastic weight loss ,has it all been since band or does that include pre-op diet

beversman...i so know what you mean about food tasting yuk when mushy and im on real food now just chewed loads and small bites and i had a piece of toast two days ago and when eaten slowly and chewed it tastes like little bits of raw dough yuk yuk yuk so no bread again ,its amazing what things i loved when i could have big mouthfuls taste so unsatisfying or even tasty when it chewed properly!!!!

Hi Welcome All New Bandsters

I Am Glad To Hear Everyone Success Stories Thus Far

I Have Set A Jan. Goal Of Losing At Least Seven Lbs Because I Do Not Get A Fill Until Feb The 6th So I Want A Realistic Goal But I Will Try My Hardest To Lose These Seven Lbs This Month

I Have Lost About 10 Lbs Since Surgery 2wks And One Day Ago But Weightloss Slowing Down

I Am Starting Back To The Gym This Morning Wish Me Luck I Will Not Lift Weights Just Doing Cardio Because I Am Still On 10 Lbs Weight Lift Restriction My Son Starts Back To School Tommorrow He Is Thrilled My Youngest Goes To Pre School And He Is Back This Morning I Am Lucky To Have Boys That Love School

Beversman- We Are Human I Wanted To Drink So Bad On Nys Eve But Resisted But Prob Would Have If Wasn't For My Kids Being Here I Only Drink Like Twice A Yr

Good Luck 2 All

Hi CareBear,

I love this forum too. It's much better than the support group I go to monthly. Most of the people in my support group have had gastric bypass and there are only a few lap band people. Anway---it gets a little frustrating because their issues can be so much different than ours. I do find it helpful to see people in their various stages whether or not it's lap band or bypass. Anyway---good luck with your journey.

Hey all I wanted to post a update as I was banded on 12/28/06 by Dr. Joya in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. Everything went very very smoothly. I had a great experience there and with the staff.

I am not quite a week out and of course on the clear liquid diet for a few more days. It is very wierd to hear my tummy rumble as it's hungry and I take a few sips of Water and that just goes away....kinda cool! :biggrin1:

The hardest time for me was my family and I went to my parents for New Years Day and my mom was celebrating Christmas then since she and dad were out of town for Christmas and my mom made her traditional Christmas dinner and Desserts. Imagine everything you love in food on one table and then a whole other table filled with sweets and treats and you get NONE and everyone else is enjoying. That was tough but I made it and didn't touch a single thing!!! :clap2:

I'm pretty happy with how things are going and can't wait till this Thursday as I can weigh again since it will be my 3 week marker from when I started the 2week pre-op diet.

The lbs are coming off and I am feeling GREAT!!!

Just wanted to share.

Eric

The hardest time for me was my family and I went to my parents for New Years Day and my mom was celebrating Christmas then since she and dad were out of town for Christmas and my mom made her traditional Christmas dinner and Desserts. Imagine everything you love in food on one table and then a whole other table filled with sweets and treats and you get NONE and everyone else is enjoying. That was tough but I made it and didn't touch a single thing!!! :clap2:

Eric

Oh boy can I relate to that! That was how I felt at the 5 Christmas events I attended. It was a bit depressing!

It was, however, worth it! The weight is coming off.

I attended my WW meeting today and I weighed in at -4.4lbs. I actually purposely wore my heavier jeans because I am afraid they are going to kick me out of the meetings for losing more than the 1-2lbs a week. I am keeping my membership because I know after I can eat food again I will need the accountability that I am getting with the weigh ins right now. Plus, I still like the motivation of healthy food choices that I am getting fromthe fantastic meeting leader. I still do feel like a fraud since no one knows I am banded. But then I think, whatever, I am doing this for me and my health and not required to share my health history with everyone I come into contact with. (I need to rationalize this somehow).

BKwall-good luck at the gym. I am back tomorrow when the kids go back to school. I was going 6 days a week before surgery and Ihave not been back once since. I cannot wait!!! I am going to take it slow though. I am going to just do 30 minutes or so on the elliptical as opposed to the hour I was getting before. I am afraid to overdo it.

donS and wife-welcome. I think as the spouse, it is great that you are here to support your husband and his journey. Don, please join in and post-we would love to hear from you.

Beversman-you lush! Just kidding girl. I had a few sips of Baileys on Christmas and it made me loopy. What is the rule on alcohol? I don't normally drink so I don't think I paid attn to that part of the lecture. It is hard when you are young and in that mindset so I give you credit for acknowledging your mistake. I stopped drinking after having the kids so it is not a big issue for me anymore. But I do remember those partying days(they were a lot of fun!!!!).

Bandiva-as far as goals for January, I would like to lose another 10 pounds-that being said, I am trying not to set weight goals since I always find they set me up for disappointment. I am going to set fitness goals and meeting my healthy requirements. I want to log 16 hours of cardio this month. When I am back to eating normal food, I will assess other healthy goals. I would love to find an exercise challenge thread to do since accountability does wonders for me!

Welcome to the new & hugs to all the December bandsters.

HI StephC Yes I have gotten sick I had a Tamele the other day and yes bad Idea temptations are just so hard. I'm getting better about temptations. It is very hard and not to happy with myself I really cheated alot this New Years Weekend I had to many sweets I had 1/2 a slice of cheese cake and afew chunks of peanut brittle oh I also had 1 tamale and was able to digest it just fine. I keep having problems with the Water thing though its just I keep forgetting to drink it since I cant have it with my meal time flies and I jsut forget to drink I think it's alot easier when i'm at work than when i'm home. Oh and Stephc No I haven't had my Fill I should be getting one in about 2 weeks I can't wait I feel like i'm always hungry now and really need one. DO you think that will help with feeling full faster? I sure hope so Becuase I feel like i'm not getting full again. Well thats all for now good luck to everyone .

Hi - I got the lapband on December 15th from Dr. Grossbard in Florida...$17500.00 financed out of pocket with a high interest rate...so I have to make this work because otherwise I'm a stupid fool. Thank you for the great forum. I'm not usually into chat type sites, but I'm very glad I found this. I started out at 267 and now I'm 246 so I'm happy with the weightloss but like everyone else, I'm getting hungry and the holidays have made things harder as far as temptation. I'm looking forward to a fill and I am very excited and optimistic.

Welcome Jon And Jem I Wish U The Best Luck

I Have To Remember I Am Banded

As A Mom I Always Test My Kids food For Temp, Taste Out Of Habit It Sucks Now That I Am Banded Because I Bite A Piece Of Cheeseburger And Start Chewing And Swallow And About 10 Mins Later It Hits Me I Am Like Omy Goodness

I Am Really Having Trouble With This Any Advice My Husband Laughs At Me But Honestly I Forget 70 % Of The Time And I Am Feeding My Kids At Least Twice A Day Helpppppp

Dear BKwalling, I have two boys, two and four, so I am usually a tastetester too. It would be so much easier if I didn't have to cook for my family. Thank God my husband is so good and kind. My four year old definitely noticed the four weeks I went without food. He kept bringing me little Snacks and asked me where my plate was at dinner time. Now every day he looks at my scars to see how their healing and he's extra gentle. Thanks for your reply! I cant wait to lose more weight with you. :)