Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 days post op and had no complications, the only issue is I am so tired. I am able to drink and get Protein Shakes in. Did anyone experience this and how long till you had energy again?

It took me 4-5 weeks but i am 66.

I had no energy for about 2 weeks then it bounced back to my normal energy level.

Same here, a couple of weeks. Then I would have good days/bad days for a while. Still have those days now, just fewer and farther between these days...

It took me about 2weeks to really get my energy back. I could get stuff done, but I was very tired, and napped often.

Same here' date=' a couple of weeks. Then I would have good days/bad days for a while. Still have those days now, just fewer and farther between these days...[/quote']

This is my situation, too. :)

It does get better it took me about 3 weeks

Took me a solid 3 weeks to feel better ! It will get better.

Thanks, I have 5 kids and I knew I would not be up to full time mothering for awhile but didn't realize the pure exhaustion I would feel. Thank heavens my parents have take over while my husband is at work. I give myself 2 weeks then my body better figure it out :)

Also, make sure you are also getting your carbs and fats in. They are part of having energy also...especially carbs. I do my Protein Shake with 1% milk then switch right to g2 for the carbs. Noonish i am back to the shake or Unjury chicken with milk and 1T evoo then right back to g2. It is tough to get in all the fluids along with the right nutrition. I cannot imagine what it must be like with the kids too! Sending you best wishes and a "you go girl" because i know it is tough but i also know you have done a wonderful thing for you and them! Hang in there!

Also' date=' make sure you are also getting your carbs and fats in. They are part of having energy also...especially carbs. I do my Protein Shake with 1% milk then switch right to g2 for the carbs. Noonish i am back to the shake or Unjury chicken with milk and 1T evoo then right back to g2. It is tough to get in all the fluids along with the right nutrition. I cannot imagine what it must be like with the kids too! Sending you best wishes and a "you go girl" because i know it is tough but i also know you have done a wonderful thing for you and them! Hang in there![/quote']

What is g2, I've seen a lot of people mention it but I'm not sure what it is?

Iam7 weeks post op and the last two weeks have been great !

Also' date=' make sure you are also getting your carbs and fats in. They are part of having energy also...especially carbs. I do my Protein Shake with 1% milk then switch right to g2 for the carbs. Noonish i am back to the shake or Unjury chicken with milk and 1T evoo then right back to g2. It is tough to get in all the fluids along with the right nutrition. I cannot imagine what it must be like with the kids too! Sending you best wishes and a "you go girl" because i know it is tough but i also know you have done a wonderful thing for you and them! Hang in there![/quote']

I have a 10,9,4,2&1 year olds the hardest are the 2&1. They don't understand why mommy can't lift and play with them. It's funny about the g2, I've never liked flavored drinks just plain Water for me but the g2 goes down so much easier. I do my Protein Shakes with almond milk I can't stomach mixed with water

G2 is type if Gatorade drink.

I have a 10' date='9,4,2&1 year olds the hardest are the 2&1. They don't understand why mommy can't lift and play with them. It's funny about the g2, I've never liked flavored drinks just plain Water for me but the g2 goes down so much easier. I do my Protein Shakes with almond milk I can't stomach mixed with water

G2 is type if Gatorade drink.[/quote']

I used almond milk till i had surgery and will most likely switch back, but i needed the 1% for the carbs and Protein for now while i am still on liquids and trying to keep my numbers correct. My goals are: 64 or more oz of fluids, 70- 80 prot, 30-50 carbs and 30 fat. The protein is easy. I am in the low end of the carbs range each day and fat is 19 or 20 only even with a teaspoon of oo. I barely get in the 64 oz since i am also only supposed to do 4 oz per hour of fluid...1 each 15 min. If i take a nap, im screwed! I do feel really good though since i upped the carbs. I like the grapeg2 the best and the store had them 10 for $10 yesterday when i was there so i stocked up. I am supposed to maintain three full weeks of liquids then go straight to mushies. My doctor is conservative and wants a full heal before filling the pouch with too much liquid and before venturing out into food land.