Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

PigsR, Did you ever go on that date you were thinking about but worrying about losing 20 lbs first? I have been wondering about that, and how it went if you did. How did you manage to break your plateau? I have been stuck on one too!

Manatee,

I don't know why your ex felt the need to see you to tell you this. This could have been done in an email, if she felt you really needed to know. Maybe she heard you're looking smokin hot and she wanted to see for herself!

Hi everyone! Remember me? I haven't checked in for a long while now. To be honest, ever since Halloween, I've felt it's impossible to diet. In fact, I've been yo-yoing just like before the band. I tried Weight Watchers at the beginning of the year, but I just can't seem to stay on track. I've gained 20 pounds since October. My band is completely full. It's depressing, so I don't come here because it reminds me that I'm failing.

JC, sorry to hear you're once again having issues with slippage. I can't believe you've kept the weight off either!

Manatee, sometimes women just want to be wanted by a guy. They don't necessarily want to be with that guy...they just want the ego stroked. It sounds like that's what's happening with the ex. She wants you to be jealous because it means some part of you still wants her.

Congrats on almost hitting goal Denise. Why did you change your name??

P.S. JC, I remember you were considering plastic surgery a few months back. Have you thought about having that done while your band is out of commission? Since the surgeon would probably ask that you unfill anyway?

I changed my name because it was pointed out to me that we are all on google. I put Denise lap band in google, and it brought me to all my threads. So I changed my profile to be more vague and took out the numbers that identify me. Now I can just be any ol Denise.

PigsRFlying - Hi, I have a question about your fills. I recently had a fill taking me to 8 cc. I'm definitely eating less at a meal, but I start to feel hungry within 2 hours. Do you experience this, or are you full much longer?

Is anyone able to last 4 hours between meals?

Thanks!

Anne

Crazy--If I eat high Protein I am OK but if I eat something that doesn't stick to your ribs as much then ,yes, in a few hours I am hungry!

Look at what you eat when you get hungry in a couple of hours and see how much protein it has.

denise-No, I didn't go on it. I am a coward. I will wait until I feel good and if he still wants to go out , fine. If not, there will be others when I am lookin' cute. Thx for askin' and for the info about google, WOW!

Manatee-I think she really heard something that made her curious and used the other thing as an excuse to find out exactly what do you look like now?? Laugh and move on! You are looking awesome!

JC-I'd like to know about the PS ? also!

Hi, I was just reading a thread for those who have the larger APL band like me. They all seem to be experiencing what I am.

Which band do you have? What would be considered high Protein for one meal?

Thanks for your help!

Anne

I can go hours and hours without getting hungry. It took me a year though to get to the right fill and finally not be hungry all the time.

You should eat hard Protein. chicken is an example. cut it up into eraser size bites. chew until it's liquid. anything mushy will not stay with you as long and you will get hungry fast. If I eat cottage cheese, I am hungry faster. A Protein Bar will keep me full longer.

They say anywhere , I think, from 60-80 grams a day...? Does anyone have any different info?

I have the 4cc, HOWEVER, the size only matters for the size of your stomach. This is what my nurse has told me and others umpteen times. Although,she did admit that with the bigger band there will be bigger fills. As for the right tightness, it will be different for everyone no matter what size band you have.

It will get there!

I'm about 14 month post-op and I didn't get some restriction until I was up to 3.75cc in my 4 cc band. I got a fill on Decebmber 21 and he actually brought me up to 4.25cc. The small bands can hold 5 cc but maybe not every doctor will fill you past 4. How much fill do you have right now PigsRFlying?

Feeling better today. I went out and bought Italian shoes and expensive electronics, that always helps :cursing: Thanks for the feedback.

To those who are curious, we really are trying to stay friends. After all, we were best buds for 10+ years, and it's a bit difficult to leave that behind. The occasional lunch isn't unusual for us. I don't think there was any 'agenda' there.

(The comments about me being hot crack me up, that's so not the case. Her reaction was "you're too skinny, I want to force feed you" :thumbup:)

Missy-I have no clue how much I have! I got a fill last week and I had 2.75 in from last time which when they filled it said it was 3.25 so .5 went missing! Now, they put in 1.0 and we'll see how much of it sticks. But I am happy with the restricition that I have at this point. Let's wait and see what it is like in a few weeks!

It's possible to leak at times. I never have but I hear it's common in more people than you would think. My mom is also banded and had a lot of leakage in the beginning. If you have problems with it in the future, you might ask to be put on omnipaque which will be a thicker solution that won't leak. Good luck to you :-)

It's weird how some of it escapes. One doctor told me silicone isn't all that solid, and it's not like a real leak, like having a hole or something. It's more like evaporation, through the silicone.

I have had that happen to me several times when I thought I had a certain amount in there, and they checked it and part of it was gone.

I still think it's weird.

I have a question for someone...anyone who can answer...

I am having trouble eating since my last fill...and to think it was only my second fill ( I am at approx. 5.5 cc in a 10 cc band)

I am getting the calories in (mostly at night) but not the amount of Protein needed. When I look back in my food logs I am only taking in anywhere between 25 - 40 grams protein a day. It has been extremely hard especially since I seem to not be able to eat anything thicker than yogurt until sometime after 5 pm in the evening. Thank goodness I am up really really late since I work Swing Shift and don't go to bed each day until around 3am- 4am; but being up around 10 in the morning and not being able to eat much of anything until around 5pm-7pm is hard. I have tried everything I can think of... even most Protein Shakes are too much in the mornings.

Any suggestions???