Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Hey everyone..Just dropping in to say hello. Hope all is well..Still single lol..but ive been on a few dates..Its been fun and i am enjoying being single again although i do miss having someone to cuddle with..Oh well, in time..Anywho gotta get back to work..have a nice day

I have to tell everyone that I am really enjoying the

plenty of fish web site. There are some pretty good

forums on there to read. Some of them are pretty funny,

and some of them are pretty informative. It makes

interesting reading, even if I am not searching for someone.

Denise, have you gotten any personal inquiries from POF? I'm not sure if i'm "looking" or not, but decided if someone spoke with me...it would be nice.

I gave my self two weeks on the site. surfed around, even put myself "outthere" by posting my avatar picture.

I posted on several threads, filled out the personal section. and....nothing.

So I quit going. I have to confess, I was a tiny bit discouraged.

Of course, I didn't say hello to anyone else either. But I was kind of hoping.

Have you gotten any personal hello's?

What does everyone think it takes to be of interest to the opposite sex?

LOL, I just went to POF, and came across my friend's brothers post. I about died laughing! That is a very good reason for me not to want to list there because it is too local for me! I would be worried that people I know would see my post! I'm such a coward!! Plus, since it's for the "general public" and not overweight woman, I don't feel as comfortable. In fact, one of the posts said, "No Fat, Materialistic Women."

Missy: I have heard rumors that there are men out there that don't care about weight, but I have never had the good fotune to meet any. Apparently, they don't live in Florida. I am really discouraged about my weight and dating. I have a great personality--I'm friendly and funny and smart. When I was younger and thin, I always had a boyfriend. Now that I am fat, not so much. You do the math.

I have been told that I am too independent and that men need feel like they have something to offer you. I don't get the connection. Just because I am independent doesn't mean I don't need someone. At any rate, I'll take being rejected for being too independent of being too fat any day! So, I don't have someone in my life because I am too independent.

I would love to hear an answer to your question from the men out there. Although, as far as I can tell, we only have one! JC--can you speak for *your people*?

Good luck with your search. I am enjoying BBW Datefinder. I am not finding any dates, but I am enjoying all the *smiles* I have been getting. That's fast enough for me right now!

super sexy bbw ??? Guessing...

Haha eyespy, I have no idea.

So is it the week for ex-boyfriends to come out of the woodwork or something?? My ex of five years, the one I wrote about on the very first post when I started this thread, text messaged me today out of the blue. We haven't corresponded in over a year. It totally freaked me out. So my questions for him are #1 - when did you become such a wimp that you text me to see how I'm doing? Especially when a text message was too much to ask for when we were dating and #2 - seriously, you think I want to talk to you??? The best part of the whole story is that when I saw the message I didn't know who it was from. lol. I knew it was between him and another guy from the exchange number, but I really didn't know because I had deleted all of my ex's numbers from everything. Cracks me up because I almost texted back "who is this". hmmm...maybe I still should. lol. So anyway, that's the weird stuff happening with me today. Men! Ugh!

Missy, I contacted a guy and he wrote back to me. We have been talking on the phone every night. There was many, many times on yahoo personals and match. com that I talked to someone, and then sent a picture and they stopped talking to me. It made me feel like cr@p! I don't know why I was braver and put a picture right off the bat with Plenty of Fish. I did write to about 5 guys, and the other 4 didn't even bother to write back and say one word.

Chrispy, that's funny! So I take it you didn't talk to him or text back? Is there anything happening with the new man?

Eyespy, I am glad to hear you are getting smiles from BBW date finder. It makes us feel good when that happens. How come you haven't contacted any of them that have expressed an interest?

This guy that I have been talking to and I are supposed to meet this weekend. I told him last night he better not blow me off. He said he very much wants to meet, but he said that last weekend too. I am not interested in having a phone friend.

Hey Chrispy, must be something in the air. My ex showed up at my office I feel ok though because I let her have it, big time!

I am packing to go kayaking going to get away for a long weekend. Got to keep burning calories due to the no restriction issue!

JC

Chrispy: I had a similar thing happen. This guy friend of mine that I was interested in was in town about a year and a half ago. He was here to see his mom and met up with a group of his. He was leaving for reserves for two weeks and said he'd come by after he was back. Didn't hear back from him until two weeks ago. He e-mailed and said I should change his e-mail address bc I probably have his old. I thought, *Dude, I totally deleted you completely!* I mean a year and a half. Sorry. No thanks. Good for us for deleting the no good ones!

Denise: I did send an unsolicited smile to one guy! Then there's the smile I sent on accident. Hoestly, I haven't really found one I think I'd like to chat with. Plus, I'm a big chicken. I'm just enjoying the smiles for now. It's like going to the mall and getting winked at by lots of men! I really like the fact that my picture is out there for them to see before any contat is made. That way they up front what I look like and there is no ceasing of communication once they see the picture. I have a lot friends that did e-harmony, and the same thing happened to them. They would go through the various levels of communication, and when they got to the part where you could see photgraphs, they didn't hear back from the guys.

On another note, I attended the seminar tonight. I was really surprised that to procede any further, you have to pay an administrative fee of 425.00 that insurance does not cover. It covers the nutritionist consultation and the psychologist evaluation, but still! You either jump in all at once or nothing! I expected to meet with the nutritionist and psycholgists, etc. and just pay for office visits to see if I wanted to further proceed. How did it work for the rest of you?

By the way, if you ever visit BBWdatefinder, I'm girlieblueeyes. In my case, I guess SSBBW is *Super Shy.* Or *scared - - - -'less!*

Eyespy, good for you, if they'er no good chuck em to the weeds!..

I don't know about the additional 425.00 because I was self pay but it sure doesn't sound fair or right.

I have just started playing stupid patient tricks in order to try to have insurance cover plastic surgery.

JC

Eyespy, I didn't have to go to any seminars. I found out about lapband because my daughter had gastric bypass. I went with her to her support group meetings for a year. One day someone started talking about lapband, and I wondered why I had never considered that for myself. I made the appointment the next day.

I did have to have a psych eval and it cost me $75.00. I also had to have some lab work and an EKG that was an additional cost besides the 10 grand for the surgery.

I am excited that I got a new fill and maybe the surgery will start to pay off. I have been disappointed that I have only lost 32 lbs. I hope that changes really soon.

Denise822

I'm glad you like POF web site. I met two guys there and one I think is a keeper...we'll see. But keep on fishing Denise. Your prize catch is there somewhere.

misscarol

Miss Carol, I thought you were in a relationship already. I do remember you saying you didn't think he was ready for a commitment but he says he loves you. Is this the one you're talking about being a keeper.

So far, the guy I have been talking with seems great. The problem is that is job keeps him out of town all week long and he is only home on the weekends. Then he has an 11 year old son that he has every weekend.

We'll have to see if he has any room in his life for me.

Good morning to everyone. Janet, you amke some good points. As a person with an over 50 BMI now down to 33 and moving down, I would like to try to explain a few rhings from my pespective. When people talk about the lap band being "just a tool" they are right. It is a tool that allows people like me to eat small amounts of food 3 times a day. Before the band I wouldnot/couldnot stop eating. I also, ate all those really good tasting foods full of calories and carbs! Thi weight loss thing is a journey. It is life changing. As I have loss weight my life has changed. Even though I am 59 I now can walk up and down stairs, work out 2 days a week lifting weights with a trainer, and do cardio 2-3 times a week. I can shop in the ladies department for clothes and I thinnk Inlook really good! lol The biggest change is how I look at food and my life and how I relate to people. People relate to me differently because I relate to myself and to them differently. There are still unwanted advances at times, I just ell them to "kiss off". Ifeel better about myself, and self confidence and self esteem is on the rise which allows me to tell those unwanted people to get lost. The phsycial limitations from the band and the fills remind me what I am doing. Yes, I have to make the decisons to eat healthy with Protein first and the veggies. There are times I miss my ice cream and do have it , but mostly I make the right choices and grieved my way pass what I use to eat. I really do not have the desire for the most part. I have found once I got off sugar and big carbs like bread potatoes rice and noddles, my cravings have all but disappeared. Would I do it again? you bet, there is a life out there I never knew existed and I like it! Good luck with your decision. Sharon