Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay soooo I start my liquid diet tmrw! Sleeved on the 20th! Im so excited but oddly, I just got sex life and i'm not on BC and i want to be. Is there anyone on BC who has to stop taking it for surg? Or.... Does it even matter!? Help please! Xoxo

It is my understanding that doctors strongly recommend birth control for at least a year after surgery. Talk to your dr. I was on depo and loved it, but had to switch because its not for "long term."

I was on the pill and stopped taking it about a month before surgery because of the risk of blood clots. My husband and I used condoms for that month and then for a month after. I then got the shot and am hoping to get implanon next month. Just be careful! I know I am scared to death of getting pregnant at this point because I want to get to goal before considering children. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

I have Mirena (IUD) and I LOVE it!!

Ditto on Mirena IUD. Love it!

Ugh, I want birth control so bad but i don't have insurance. I'm 22 and have 3 kids. It is already so easy for the Hub's and I to get preggo and I hear its super easy after surgery. I love my kids but I really don't want anymore. So pull out method and condoms are gonna have to do for now. Bummer!

Ugh' date=' I want birth control so bad but i don't have insurance. I'm 22 and have 3 kids. It is already so easy for the Hub's and I to get preggo and I hear its super easy after surgery. I love my kids but I really don't want anymore. So pull out method and condoms are gonna have to do for now. Bummer![/quote']

Do you have planned parenthood near you? They offer birth control and you are charged based on your income.

I have implanon and am one who loves it. Personally no side effects and it can stay in for three years. Got it for surgery and am pleased with the results.

Ugh' date=' I want birth control so bad but i don't have insurance. I'm 22 and have 3 kids. It is already so easy for the Hub's and I to get preggo and I hear its super easy after surgery. I love my kids but I really don't want anymore. So pull out method and condoms are gonna have to do for now. Bummer![/quote']

If you have three kids and feel you are 100% done with having more, you can go to planned parenthood and see about tubal sterilization. Or as the other person noted another form of contraception.

I am on my second Implanon and love it! I had great results with Depo also.

I was able to get my Implanon and Depo shots for free at a local health department.

Okay soooo I start my liquid diet tmrw! Sleeved on the 20th! Im so excited but oddly, I just got sex life and i'm not on BC and i want to be. Is there anyone on BC who has to stop taking it for surg? Or.... Does it even matter!? Help please! Xoxo

research non-hormonal birth control like a paraguard IUD. It's as effective as sterilization and it can last up to 10 years however you can have it taken out sooner than that. They will not increase your risk of cancer, or embolism and you do not have to mess with anything every day or at every act of intercourse. It's awesome.

research non-hormonal birth control like a paraguard IUD. It's as effective as sterilization and it can last up to 10 years however you can have it taken out sooner than that. They will not increase your risk of cancer' date=' or embolism and you do not have to mess with anything every day or at every act of intercourse. It's awesome.[/quote']

Love my paraguard IUD. Just be careful as with any contraception though - I fell pregnant with it and it hadn't moved or fallen out it simply just failed. It's a big fear of mine - happening again and being freshly sleeved! it would be a nightmare at this stage ...

Love my paraguard IUD. Just be careful as with any contraception though - I fell pregnant with it and it hadn't moved or fallen out it simply just failed. It's a big fear of mine - happening again and being freshly sleeved! it would be a nightmare at this stage ...

thats one of my worst fears, but statistically that is FAR less likely to happen with the paragard than it is with other forms of birth control. I do not have a problem with abortion though and if I became pregnant at this point that is EXACTLY what I would do.

I have the nuvaring and been on it for 2 years and 7 weeeks post op didnt need to take it out unless needed to and its been a blessing. I had the mirena IUD but due to heavy menstural it got pussed down and eventually taken out. The Nuvaring is less expensive and insert for 3 weeks and take it out for 1 week works great and most insurance covers it. Check out what works best for you.