Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regrets, i know its just a phase, but any ideas on how to get past this.....

I was so happy before the surgery, and for the most part I still am. But every now and then I just break down and wish I didn't do this. Did anyone else go through this and if so how did you get past it??

This happen to me once in the hospital and four days after surgery I have a topic about being emotional ..I'm two out and feel so much better everyday but I think I'll feel even better wants I start eating puréed I don't get hungry only at 12noon..I lost 26 pounds all after surgery it's getting better and I think it will for you

This happen to me once in the hospital and four days after surgery I have a topic about being emotional ..I'm two out and feel so much better everyday but I think I'll feel even better wants I start eating puréed I don't get hungry only at 12noon..I lost 26 pounds all after surgery it's getting better and I think it will for you

I'm two weeks out

it gets better every day. i was definitely struggling in the beginning as well. it is a huge adjustment. i am almost 4 weeks out and you will be amazed at how quick you heal. i still have rough days (today was one) but i don't regret it. i had more rough days when i was eating large amounts of food and felt like a failure every day. now my rough days consist of dreading having to eat (go figure!)

I was so happy before the surgery' date=' and for the most part I still am. But every now and then I just break down and wish I didn't do this. Did anyone else go through this and if so how did you get past it??[/quote']

Hey you!!

Yes I've had those moments, but its mostly when I want to go crazy and eat a

"big Mac" or something! So it's a good idea I did this surgery so I can't anymore :)

The first month or so is hard at times. be good to yourself and know that you are not alone!

Laura

I felt that way when I got home from the hospital because I was in so much pain. My recovery took longer than I thought it would. Having several surgeries before, I thought I would bounce right back but not being able to get the nutrition I needed in the beginning was really hard for me. I made sure I drank G2 gatorade in my Water so I woudn't get dehydrated and each day it got easier.

Now I'm 8 months out and am so very happy I did this for me! I've lost 100 pounds to date and have 39 to goal. It does get easier. When you are a few months out and can really eat anything you want only small portions, you will see how much of a blessing this surgery is. We learn to eat as a "thin" person does. Of course, eating healthy is very important. I still crave Protein shakes every day. Hard to believe, I know! LOL I drink Myoplex Lite every day.

Good luck to you and you will definitely not regret this later when things get back to some normalcy. :)

I had so many moments saying why...why did I do this. I got deep in depression and wanted to just sleep. I am 8 weeks this Wednesday and it has been 6 days of awesome days for me.....another words it took me 7 weeks. There is a light at end of tunnel...give it time. I now dont regret it at all....still a learning day by day process!! It helps me to get out and breathe fresh air....just opens up the mind!!! GOOD LUCK

I am three weeks out and I had the blues "BIG TIME" I had regrets about the surgery. But I am feeling a lot better and almost back to my perky self... I see the weight coming off and feeling better and talking less diabetic meds makes it wroth it for me. I am moving forward and thinking positive. What motivates me is looking at my chubby pictures ...and now I am down 24 pounds and starting to see some kind of shape in my body. This website has helped me stay positive.

Read only the positive post and don't read any negative post because you will get the blues.

Oh man I get that. I got my surgery on oct 31 and it's not till the beginning of this week did I start feeling like myself! Your changing a huge part of your life but you were brave enough to get the surgery so your smart and strong!!!

Thank you everyone for the comments, was having a bad night last night, I appreciate the support!!

Hi..New to this site. i am only 17 days post op. it was only the other day that i have begun to feel perhaps i didn't make worst mistake ever. somehow...i amfeeling like its all good now. i think progressing the press stage has helped. eating slowly Tiny portions are ok. i started walking last as well...i plan emerge this Spring lighter. nothing could prepare me this....not all the classes...the shrink....examining why i love to eat...nothing. be good to yourself....it really does get better. remind yourself why you had surgery.....

pureed...sorry,i should post a disclaimer for typos.....i use swype

pureed...sorry' date='i should post a disclaimer for typos.....i use swype[/quote']

Happens to me all the time, dang auto spell..... Ty for the advice, I think finding this page and talking to everyone here is a very big help!

I am 6 days post op and still am trying to get the hang of this new stomach. I feel like my hunger is not the same. I can only eat about 6 teaspoons at a time. Its hard to plan meals. Its really frustrating!

I am 6 days post op and still am trying to get the hang of this new stomach. I feel like my hunger is not the same. I can only eat about 6 teaspoons at a time. Its hard to plan meals. Its really frustrating!

Your 6days postop and your already eating?