Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exactly , I am from Stratford , CT

Hi teetani! Im from Bridgeport!! We are soo close!! I would like to know what your experiences are so far like with the preop process, and who your surgeon is if you wanna share that info! I am a sophomore at Southern, and im hoping to get sleeved in the summer so it doesnt interfere with school. Please message me I am eager to hear learn about how things are going for you. Also i dont really have any support on this so i could also use some of that too LOL!! im very needy hahahaha!

Exactly ' date=' I am from Stratford , CT

Hi teetani! Im from Bridgeport!! We are soo close!! I would like to know what your experiences are so far like with the preop process, and who your surgeon is if you wanna share that info! I am a sophomore at Southern, and im hoping to get sleeved in the summer so it doesnt interfere with school. Please message me I am eager to hear learn about how things are going for you. Also i dont really have any support on this so i could also use some of that too LOL!! im very needy hahahaha![/quote']

Sure no problem. I am using Dr. Ehrlich out of Shelton. He is really nice. Everyone in his office is really nice also. They answer all your questions and take the time to explain everything to you. I just got my date today. I only started this process Jan 8 2013. Anything I can help you with just let me know . What doctor are you using ?

Welcome LadiiBee!! You'll find plenty of support here!

I'm scheduled for March 8. I'm from Maryland and scared as heck. I go for my endoscopy tomorrow and am terrified of it. I've never been put to sleep and that scares me. I have people depending on me and it scares me to think that something could happen to me. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer and was operated on Thursday and she needs me to take care of her. I gotta tell you, watching her go through a full hysterectomy almost made me change my mind about this :-/ I thought I should cancel and she wants me to go through with it as scheduled. I feel pretty torn right now.

I'm scheduled for March 8. I'm from Maryland and scared as heck. I go for my endoscopy tomorrow and am terrified of it. I've never been put to sleep and that scares me. I have people depending on me and it scares me to think that something could happen to me. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer and was operated on Thursday and she needs me to take care of her. I gotta tell you' date=' watching her go through a full hysterectomy almost made me change my mind about this :-/ I thought I should cancel and she wants me to go through with it as scheduled. I feel pretty torn right now.[/quote']

I understand how you feel. I have 3 children that depend on me . My endo is Wednesday I too am nervous , but everything will be ok

I'm scheduled for March 8. I'm from Maryland and scared as heck. I go for my endoscopy tomorrow and am terrified of it. I've never been put to sleep and that scares me. I have people depending on me and it scares me to think that something could happen to me. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer and was operated on Thursday and she needs me to take care of her. I gotta tell you' date=' watching her go through a full hysterectomy almost made me change my mind about this :-/ I thought I should cancel and she wants me to go through with it as scheduled. I feel pretty torn right now.[/quote']

I understand how you feel. I have 3 children that depend on me . My endo is Wednesday I too am nervous ' date=' but everything will be ok[/quote']

I'm right there with ya! I've got two young boys and a very busy family life to keep on track. I recently graduated with my Masters in Marriage & Family Therapy and am sharing my career, one that I've dreamed about for years. I've got a lot going on and a lot going for me. But, like anyone else, I have my fears. Not about the anaesthetic; I've been put under before. But more of the complications and the realization that 85% of my stomach is being removed, out, gone. I'm worried about how I'll adjust. Don't get me wrong, I'm not worried about grieving the food. I'm more worried about the remembering to take the Vitamins as well as staying on the Water and Protein intake. It's a big gear shift mentally and physically and I'm serious about it; but it's a lot. My weight/health is like the only aspect of my life that's still out of line; where it controls me instead of me controlling it. I've got to get this straightened out. I need to get this in order. I feel a deep conviction that I can do this. But, there is that sneaking voice that creeps in and says "but what if you can't?!" I just have to believe God's got His hand in this.

I went for a colonoscopy and endoscopy together last year, and I have to say that there was really nothing to it. And that is coming from a guy, and we are generally wusses about that sort of thing. Good luck everyone.

I originally thought my surgery was going to be in January and I was going to be self pay. But so much can change in a month. I have been approved my insurance company and I am now scheduled for surgery March 5. I am so ready for this.

I understand how you feel. I have 3 children that depend on me . My endo is Wednesday I too am nervous ' date=' but everything will be ok[/quote']

Endoscopy was easy! Glad that's over. Now I need to get on the ball with everything else to get ready.

Hello to all,

I am new to this website and I have finally found a group that is having WLS in March. I am having mine on March 11th. I live in Sarasota, FL and Dr. Alfredo Fernandez is my surgeon. I will have my second visit with him on Feb 26th so I am now busy getting all my paperwork, forms and blood work to him before the 26th of this month. He still wants me to have the gastric bypass but he know I want the sleeve. I wish all of you much success with your upcoming surgeries. I know how you feel, I am happy and yet scared as hell right now and the closer it gets the more afraid I am but I know I need help and everything else I have done has not worked for me in the long run. Everything on me hurts my knees, my back, just walking is an effort and have been on a clap machine for over a year now. I am just sick of how I feel and how I look. I am depressed because I am fat and fat because I am depressed. I need to end on going cycle. I hope we all stay in contact with each other.

Hi. I,m new to this site also. I too was afraid of the EGD test but it was easy. I have a surgery date for March 7th to be sleeved!

St2011

I will be thinking of you as I am also scheduled for March 8th!!!!