Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 1/2 years post op and struggling

Hello Everyone-

I haven't posted or been on this site in a long time. I think i'm in lap band denial. I've only had two fills my last fill was in January 2006. I know that if i don't have a fill i don't have restrication at all.

I have maintained my weight loss but i haven't lost any weight in the past year.

I'm not following the rules- it's so hard for me to break thru the phsyological impact of food on my life. I use food as the band-aid for everything.

I need to get a fill. I need to exercise. I need to step away from the ice cream.

I need help! So- i'm rejoining lap band talk- calling for my fill this week- loaded up with heathy groceries yesterday.

Here is to a new me!

Keri

Hi Keri, I am so glad you decided to rejoin lbt and posted your struggles. I was banded less than 2 weeks ago (so am hardly an expert) but have learned from others on this site, the beauty of the band is that it is still there for you when you are ready. I am encouraged by the positive decisions you have made to turn things around and work on getting healthier! Good for you!

I'm right here with ya, Keri! Banded just over 18 months, haven't had a fill in 13 months, and I have an appt next week for a consult with a local doc (I was banded in MX) to schedule a flouro fill. I want to make sure "the band" is doing okay, and I'm ready to move forward.

Let's restart this game together! We can do it! Girl, you are soooooo close to Twoterville...come one! The water's fine!!!!!

Keri,

The good news is that it's NEVER to late to pick ourselves back up, dust ourselves off, and start again. Everyday is a new chance to make a change...so wipe the slate clean, get rid of any guilt about what you have or have not done over the last 1 1/2 years, and start fresh today.

Good luck to you, and keep us posted.

Welcome back Keri. I think being here has helped me alot in keeping on the program. I'm certainly not perfect, I don't always make the best choices, but coming to LBT is a lot of help.

:) I just had my first fill since Jan 06 and am also back on the lap band wagon! That is the beauty of the band its always there waiting for us to use it! Good Luck!

Keri, it's nice to see you back here. Dr. Horgan did your surgery right? You know he is gone now? If you need a referral I can give you the name of a great guy in Joliet, just pm me. We are planning a luncheon again in Shaumburg next week, wanna come? There is information in the Illinois forum, under Illinois friends I think. How are things other than the band issues? Did I mention that it's really nice to see you back here. Hope things go well with the fill appointment. Please stay around this time, (((hugs))) ~Mandy

Good Luck as you continue your journey. I think it is AMAZING that you were able to maintain your weight loss during "hiatus". My biggest fear is putting it all back on once I finally reach goal. Welcome back... you can do it!!!

Welcome back Sister!!

You are definately taking the right steps to get back on the train. Please don't be so down on yourself as you are human and many of us suffer from a disease called obesity and depression.

Focus on feeling better, becoming more active rather than the weight loss, I find it's a better motivator than anything else. And know you are going to have times when you want something. A bowl of ice cream every once in a while is not a problem, you just have to know when to call it quits.

Remember we are here for you and you CAN do it!

(((((HUGS))))))

Hi Keri, I'm in the same boat as you I've been banded about a year and a half but I'm maxed out in my fills and I'm still not loosing those last 30-35 pounds. I'm going to get back to lapbandtalk to get some inspiration from everyone.

Sara

GOOD LUCK! I wish I could hug you, because although I'm not banded I know what it feels like to be in your position. I wish you all the best, and if you do slip up, don't let it be forever!

I haven't posted for several weeks either. I am in the same boat as well. Struggling terribly to eat right, not overeat and not do anything that will make me throw up. I have trouble with overeating. I can eat almost a normal size meal. I have really been trying but its hard when I can eat pretty much a regular size meal.

A not very nice person on a different support site actually asked me why I continue to "shovel" food into my mouth!.

Well, I do try, but if I could do it on my own, the TOPS, the Atkins, the zone, the weight watchers, the gym memberships that I have done over the years would have worked.

If I had known my outcome would be this, I may not have bothered.

I am very discouraged and feel like I should be doing better.

4/18/06 1st consult. wt 266

may 06-approved and started 2 week liquid diet. with diff.

I was banded on 5/22 (13cc vangard band). wt 258.

follow up 5/28/06 wt 247

1st fill 6/28/06 4cc fill. wt 244.

2nd fill 8/18/06 5cc fill wt 238

went back for 3rd fill 9/28/06 wt 233, and the dr refused to give me

another fill because he said that as long as I was losing 1/2 lb per week, that was acceptable.

I told them, the problem was....I wasn't losing wt. ALL MY WT LOSS, was from the 1 week post -fill liquid diet.

So...here I am....nov 12. wt 229 and wondering what to do to succeed.

My doctor told me I couldn't get a fill unless I went for 1 full month without loosing wt.

Anyone else have this type of problem?

Missy

Hello-

Thanks everyone for your support! I really appreciate it. I'm scheduling my fill for this week or next week whenever they can fit me in. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

It's so refreshing to hear from people in the same situation- I think everyone around me thought the weight was going to fall off like GB surgery- (i have a friend that had GB and she is almost back to where she was before- lost/gained)

What i tell them is i'm happy that i've maintained and every other time i've lost 30+ lbs. i've gained it back! The weight didn't come on overnight- so it won't come off that way either. So- we walked yesterday- i ate heathy food- and i'm cleaning out my cupboards and fridge today of anything that isn't a heathy choice....

I love the support here- you guys are the best! I can't wait to update my ticker and share the success your support has brought me!

Much Love to all my LBT Angels!

Thanks-:biggrin1: