Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the best sweetner for tea?

I love love love sweet tea. I was going to make some Decaf tea this weekend as a Super Bowl treat, I'm only 11 days post op. what sweetner is the best to make it taste like real sweet tea?

I prefer to use liquid sucralose. It's generally not available in the store, but you can order it online in several places. On Amazon if you look for EZ Sweetz, you'll find a 3 pack for around $20. Yeah, it's pricy, but every bottle is equal to about 6 cups of sugar. Every drop replaces 2 teaspoons of sugar. They last quite a while. The advantage to liquid over powders like Equal or Splenda is that when used in liquid form, there are no carbs, whereas every packet of splenda equals 1 carb. The bottles are also small enough to carry around in a bag or purse so you've always got it handy.

I use liquid stevia . You can buy this online through Amazon and it comes in MANY MANY flavors! ( English Toffe, Grape , Orange , Rootbeer, etc) It is awesome! Give it a ry Gemini youll love it !!! .. You can also get this a whole foods but it is more cosly there! I use it in tea, other drinks, to add swetness to jusabout anything.... yum:) The brand I use is sweetleaf but there are several others. Sweetleaf taste great .

A friend of mine who is a sweet tea aficionado yet a sugar nazi, uses a combination of a blue packet and a pink packet. He is dead on in that it totally tastes like regular sweet tea.

I use liquid stevia . You can buy this online through Amazon and it comes in MANY MANY flavors! ( English Toffe' date=' Grape , Orange , Rootbeer, etc) It is awesome! Give it a ry Gemini youll love it !!! .. You can also get this a whole foods but it is more cosly there! I use it in tea, other drinks, to add swetness to jusabout anything.... yum:) The brand I use is sweetleaf but there are several others. Sweetleaf taste great .[/quote']

I like SweetLeaf liquid Stevia, too. Though I have never had sweet tea. Is it just... er... sweetened tea or is there more magic going on inside of that stuff?

I like SweetLeaf liquid Stevia' date=' too. Though I have never had sweet tea. Is it just... er... sweetened tea or is there more magic going on inside of that stuff?[/quote']

It's just sweeten tea but it's amazing! Can't live without it! I'm taking it that you've never been in the south lol

It's just sweeten tea but it's amazing! Can't live without it! I'm taking it that you've never been in the south lol

Nope! Only to airports!

lol!!!!.....i know ...before my surgery dec 8 i was drinking like 2 lg mcdonalds sweet tea every day. my mom would always get on me saying thats why i was getting so fat. then i noticed it on the billboard one day that a lg has like 260 cals!!!!!!! yikes !!!so i have aquired a taste for splenda now and it is gooooood!!!:)

lol!!!!.....i know ...before my surgery dec 8 i was drinking like 2 lg mcdonalds sweet tea every day. my mom would always get on me saying thats why i was getting so fat. then i noticed it on the billboard one day that a lg has like 260 cals!!!!!!! yikes !!!so i have aquired a taste for splenda now and it is gooooood!!!:)

I loved Mcd sweet tea or in our small town chicken Express just like an addict...now 7 weeks post op....it is WAY TO SWEET...tastebuds I guess changed!!