Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month out and aggravated...

I'm so freaking aggravated I could cry. I just want to eat. I spend like 2 hrs makings meals and two bites later I'm full. I'm tired of stuff not agreeing with me. I'm tired of seeing food and not being able to eat it. I honestly think I'm having food withdrawals. I'm tired of eating the same things over and over again.

I hear ya!!! When I let myself get a little too hungry, I tend to cook the way I feel or at least the way I think I feel and end up making way too much food and only eating a couple of bites. Sometimes, even though I'm not hungry after I've eaten, my mind is telling me it wants to finish my plate.

However... on the bright side... this is why we did this... we did this so our stomachs would tell us when enough is enough and restrict what/how much we can eat. As a result, a skinnier us!!! :) So hang in there... it will get easier as the days/weeks/months go by. :)

I'm so freaking aggravated I could cry. I just want to eat. I spend like 2 hrs makings meals and two bites later I'm full. I'm tired of stuff not agreeing with me. I'm tired of seeing food and not being able to eat it. I honestly think I'm having food withdrawals. I'm tired of eating the same things over and over again.

Hey Jannette:

There are definitely times that are more frustrating than others. How far out are you? And at what food stage are you?

Head hunger /food withdrawals are way harder to get over, in my opinion. Part of the reason I failed at regular dieting at times was I got sick of feeling I was denying myself. BUT, we can make good food choices that are really tasty and that will satisfy some of the cravings we're having.

Some recipe sites that have come in handy...

Emilybites.com

theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Depending on how far out you are, there is no reason that you can't find easy recipes that will satisfy your mind and your palate. You can do this. It is a non-compromising, life-altering change we have made, but we can choose to make the most of it.

On a positive note, you decided to post instead of making a bad food choice.

Good luck!!

Hey Jannette:

There are definitely times that are more frustrating than others. How far out are you? And at what food stage are you?

Head hunger /food withdrawals are way harder to get over' date=' in my opinion. Part of the reason I failed at regular dieting at times was I got sick of feeling I was denying myself. BUT, we can make good food choices that are really tasty and that will satisfy some of the cravings we're having.

Some recipe sites that have come in handy...

Emilybites.com

theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Depending on how far out you are, there is no reason that you can't find easy recipes that will satisfy your mind and your palate. You can do this. It is a non-compromising, life-altering change we have made, but we can choose to make the most of it.

On a positive note, you decided to post instead of making a bad food choice.

Good luck!![/quote']

I'm a month out. Eating solid foods. Fish, chicken and turkey are working well for me. But honestly I just want red meat. I want a huge ass steak covered in A-1. I want to have a side with my meat. I'm tire of just eating the same things over again.

Hi JAnnette!!!

I remember feeling that way too. Had surg. in June of 12.....first couple of months was really hard because of lack of options.....Shortly afterwards I was able to start eating more things and as long as I focused on Proteins and veggies I was good to go. I just got used to having lots of leftovers and actually cooking for two people. One of the things that has really helped me was learning to focus on stopping eating when I started to feel full then getting my food off the table so I didnt "pick" at it. I started taking the dog for a walk or doing something to stay busy after eating to let things settle. I really try not to snack, but it doesnt always work so I try to pick good choices for snacking.

Anyhow, I have lost right at 100 pounds and feel great. I have no regrets about the surgery and congratulate you on making good choices and taking the big step. Give it a little more time and hopefully things will smooth out for you. They did me. Good Luck!!

I'm a month out. Eating solid foods. Fish' date=' chicken and turkey are working well for me. But honestly I just want red meat. I want a huge ass steak covered in A-1. I want to have a side with my meat. I'm tire of just eating the same things over again.[/quote']

Well that's how we got to this point isn't it? :) How about having a beautiful little tenderloin cooked correctly so you don't need that awful sauce all over it and a side of cauliflower mashed potatoes? Or even real mashed potatoes, but just a little bit. I eat both regularly and find them satisfying.

Does your doc have an issue with you eating red meat? Honestly at a month out I wasn't eating chicken or turkey (not allowed) so I don't know what your doc allows, but when I was allowed those two meats I was allowed any meat...What does your doc say?

Well that's how we got to this point isn't it? :) How about having a beautiful little tenderloin cooked correctly so you don't need that awful sauce all over it and a side of cauliflower mashed potatoes? Or even real mashed potatoes' date=' but just a little bit. I eat both regularly and find them satisfying.

Does your doc have an issue with you eating red meat? Honestly at a month out I wasn't eating chicken or turkey (not allowed) so I don't know what your doc allows, but when I was allowed those two meats I was allowed any meat...What does your doc say?[/quote']

Yes I suppose you're right. my doctor says no red meats until 6 months. At 1 month you were eating red meats?

Janette---im 2 weeks out today and I totally hear you......nevertheless.......dob't forget that 6 mos out youll beeating much more than u r now--it takes 6-9nos---andsometimeseven longer for thestomach to land on ultimate size itll be---the goal isnt forusto live deprived-thegoal is that we eat anything we want in moderation......for now.....put some a-1sauce in your burger to hold u over....

I'm a month out. Eating solid foods. Fish, chicken and turkey are working well for me. But honestly I just want red meat. I want a huge ass steak covered in A-1. I want to have a side with my meat. I'm tire of just eating the same things over again.

Soon enough you'll be ok for the denser meats. It's not steak, but have you tried meatloaf? I use 97% beef or ground turkey. Even make a burger. As long as you use low-fat ground meat for now, maybe that will satisfy that craving. Use a little A-1, just a taste if you need. I don't have the stats on A-1 but it may be high in carbs/salt so be careful.

Hey sweetie, I know I was just as annoyed, I'm 7weeks out now and can eat a little better. I have some fantastic Soup recipes (like tasty pre op family favorites) if you'd like & non Soup ideas to try if ya wanna to recipe swap. I love red meat but it doesn't love me too much. My doctor says give my tummy time, it's harder to break down.

Yes I suppose you're right. my doctor says no red meats until 6 months. At 1 month you were eating red meats?

:) Reality sucks and given I'm a huge steak lover...I totally got your longing hun

But, no, at one month out I was literally dying in the hospital due to complications. But one month out from the repair I was allowed red meats if they were very tender. I have found that I can eat about 3 oz of tenderloin if it's cooked med-rare. A tougher red meat and I can't get down a bite or two. Lamb does not sit well but bison and wild boar do? Go figure :)

My doc allows "meats" in general at the same time. My diet allowed tender cuts of meat (ie tenderloin) at the same time as hamburger or chicken, but the emphasis was on tender. A skirt steak is not tender, but a tenderloin is far easier to eat than dried turkey :)

I did add that "talk to your doc" thing because my course of foods varied a bit from the norm due to my complications. Some docs do wait six months for red meats, but we seem to be seeing that less and less. I think my doc's standard for red meat was something like 3 months (for his normal patients). The only thing I have to wait for six months on is hard skinned fruits and veggies, which many people can have much earlier. But I'm a HUGE FAN of following the doc's orders, so talk to yours and ask if a tender cut of beef would be allowed. I normally have mine with a soft mashed potato or cauliflower mashed (mock) potatoes because that helps the meat go down easier than on it's own. (fully endorsed by my doc).

I really don't feel too sorry for your cravings.lol. I'm six weeks out and still on liquids.,!!!! I don't mean to sound like a "B" but I would love to have a bite of chicken or fish. I'm so sick of yogurt and cottage cheese that I ought to be mooing. I want something hot that tastes like food. Any minute amount will do. I don't get all the strange variations in diets among these docs. I hope you find a healthy solution that satisfies you though. Good luck,