Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having the hardest time...

I'm almost at my one year mark since surgery. I've lost 103 lbs- and I feel great!

The only issue is- I'm at a complete stand still. I've been around the same weight for over a month now, which is not normal for me. I'm not confused at all as to why.

Since Christmas I've fallen off the wagon- so to speak. I know it's hard to do so, but I did.

I'm not getting all of my Water in and I know my Protein is low. I can't seem to get these two things BACK into my life.

I'm trying really hard with the Water, but getting my Protein back is so difficult. Even before my surgery I was a picky eater- I don't like cottage cheese, veggies, or anything that is best as a quick "to-go" snack. I get reeeaaally sick of cheese sticks...I'm not sure what to do. I got in the habit of relying on "protein bars" and "100 calorie packs". Those 100 calorie packs are a joke. I'm not sure why I ever got any, knowing all too well that it's just processed carbs that won't do me any good.

What can I do? I feel hopeless. I feel like a complete failure. I go back and forth between the same 3 lbs. Up somedays, down others. I guess I should feel good that I haven't GAINED...I mean, past what I've been at.

Are there any picky eaters out there that have a good solution to on the go snacks/meals? Again- I'm sooo picky. I wish I wasn't, but I am. I've tried a lot of stuff and they either taste gross or the texture grosses me out.

I've come such a long way and I'm so proud of what I've accomplished and I have another 50 lbs and I'll be at goal- I KNOW I can do it, but I need help getting back to where I was.

i had a coworker sameish thing she joined ww, just something different, and it worked, good luck

i had a coworker sameish thing she joined ww, just something different, and it worked, good luck

Thanks. Unfortunately, it's their type of food that has me in trouble. Their tv dinners are so high in sodium and their Snacks are still pretty high on the carb count for what my dietician has me at :(

Egg salad or tuna salad with low fat triscuit crackers help me. Also Premier Protein drinks from costco chocolate is fabulous. Best of luck.

Shelley no belly.... I know this is going to sound so simplistic however, it's what comes to mind. Think back.....what worked in the past? You have taken off over 100 lbs That is proof you are not a failure at all. Stuck maybe but not a failure.... I would just go back to what worked and plug back into that....Hope this helps! Best Wishes.... Tina

Shelley no belly.... I know this is going to sound so simplistic however, it's what comes to mind. Think back.....what worked in the past? You have taken off over 100 lbs That is proof you are not a failure at all. Stuck maybe but not a failure.... I would just go back to what worked and plug back into that....Hope this helps! Best Wishes.... Tina

I agree. What we tend to do is as we're successful we allow ourselves a little allowance here and there. For a while it doesn't make much of a difference, but eventually it all adds up.

You've lost a massive amount of weight - you know what it takes! :)

I don't know if you're much for tracking what you do, but it can be great to be accountable in some way. Planning out what I'll eat ahead of time means I can make sure that I'm getting in what I need to and helps eliminate the mindless eating (I'm a sucker for the 100 calorie cocoa almonds) that I would do otherwise.

Shelley no belly.... I know this is going to sound so simplistic however' date=' it's what comes to mind. Think back.....what worked in the past? You have taken off over 100 lbs That is proof you are not a failure at all. Stuck maybe but not a failure.... I would just go back to what worked and plug back into that....Hope this helps! Best Wishes.... Tina[/quote']

Thanks so much! Yes, I was just discussing this all with my husband- and that's basically what he said. Go back to the way I was eating when my doctor let me start having food (beyond mushy stuff)...hard boiled eggs, Soups with Protein powder, roasted/broiled chicken. I just have to step back and remember what got me to where I am.

Thank you for your kind words!

I don't know if you're much for tracking what you do' date=' but it can be great to be accountable in some way. Planning out what I'll eat ahead of time means I can make sure that I'm getting in what I need to and helps eliminate the mindless eating (I'm a sucker for the 100 calorie cocoa almonds) that I would do otherwise.[/quote']

I used to do a great job tracking the app MyFitnessPal, per my dietician's suggestion. It sounds lame, but the speakers in my phone went out and it doesn't vibrate anymore- so I never get my reminders. It's not an excuse- I just know I need to haul my rear over to the phone place and get ANOTHER replacement phone.

I'm a sucker for those almonds too! I was snacking on them a lot thinking it'd be ok and then I remembered that they're a very fatty nut! Grr. They need to make walnuts taste like those! LOL

OMG Shelly, I was going to write a post tonight because I'm having issues and if I had, it would of been pretty much identical to yours!! I am 10 months post op and I want to lose 30 more lbs. I track my food intake using the app LoseIt because it allows me to scan foods instead of searching. I have found a few high Protein tricks in the past couple weeks that are helping me get out of that slum where I'm sick of cheese/greek yogurt/cottage cheese. Everyone told me hundreds of times to try edamame, i bought it, but never tried them and kept it in the freezer. I finally sucked it up after my dietician appointment a couple weeks ago and I LOVE them. There's a great recipe on Pinterest where you coat with olive oil and parmesan and roast them to eat as Snacks. They are incredibly high in protein. I have ice cream cravings a lot, probably because I dont drink nearly enough and i think my body likes it because it "quenches my thirst". I found a fix to this tonight (no it's not high protein but it it really good and a healthy choice). Slice bananas and freeze them, then put into a food processor and blend until it looks like ice cream. It kicks the sweet craving. I think I'm going to try buying some tuna to have for lunches this week, it's pretty high in protein. I'm still looking for more ideas for protein!

OMG Shelly' date=' I was going to write a post tonight because I'm having issues and if I had, it would of been pretty much identical to yours!! I am 10 months post op and I want to lose 30 more lbs. I track my food intake using the app LoseIt because it allows me to scan foods instead of searching. I have found a few high Protein tricks in the past couple weeks that are helping me get out of that slum where I'm sick of cheese/greek yogurt/cottage cheese. Everyone told me hundreds of times to try edamame, i bought it, but never tried them and kept it in the freezer. I finally sucked it up after my dietician appointment a couple weeks ago and I LOVE them. There's a great recipe on Pinterest where you coat with olive oil and parmesan and roast them to eat as Snacks. They are incredibly high in Protein. I have ice cream cravings a lot, probably because I dont drink nearly enough and i think my body likes it because it "quenches my thirst". I found a fix to this tonight (no it's not high protein but it it really good and a healthy choice). Slice bananas and freeze them, then put into a food processor and blend until it looks like ice cream. It kicks the sweet craving. I think I'm going to try buying some tuna to have for lunches this week, it's pretty high in protein. I'm still looking for more ideas for protein![/quote']

I've been doing a lot better this week! I've majorly upped my exercise. I've been preparing my entire days food each night. Special K Protein Drink, hard boiled eggs, Jenny-O turkey burger patties (no bun/bread), double protein light and fit greek yogurt...and for a "carby" fix- I found Veggie Straws. Only 11g of carbs. 1 g protein, but gets rid of the crave for something crunchy and carby without sacrificing a lot of calories and carbs.

I dropped an extra 2 lbs in 3 days eating all of that + exercising each night and upping the Water.

Tomorrow is the 1 year visit.... totally stoked!