Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feelings on Eating Fast Food (McDonald's) 7 weeks Post Op

Considering that it is my post and my dilemma i can choose what the subject discussed on here can be. I asked a question and I would like people to respect my wishes. I know that most posts are about what I asked but its distracting when people dont respect the subject and try to help someone out. If it was you wouldnt you feel the same way in all honesty.

Young Man/Lady

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the way the internet works, so let me shed some light on this subject matter. When you post something to the internet by way of online forums, chat rooms, or otherwise you are opening yourself up to all kinds of things, luckly here on this site things are well moderated (Thank you, mods) so you get to bypass a lot of the flaming, harassment, and generally trolling that one might expect on the internet. Also, these forums are a public place for the members to communicate thoughts, feelings, and information between Vertical Sleeve Talk members. By in large this thread has been EXTREMELY informative, and pretty close to as "on topic" as you could reasonably expect. If you feel that you have gained all the information you care to know about this particular subject, feel free to delete the thread, although that is ill-advised because the entire point of a site like this is to build up an archive of information. I have not once seen you offer a useful response to any of the people here who have taken their time to offer you information, or even so much as a thank you. Forums are a give and a take, and you need to learn how to give a little. Not every single reply to anything will ever be exactly spot-on what you are looking for, but you should be thankful for all the experienced people here interacting with you.

You should be fine eating the chicken and cheese. The tortilla and lettuce might cause you real grief. I'm not a super strict carb counter but you might be. If you're not' date=' the yogurt parfait might be a nice carb splurge, and the oatmeal would be good for a nice Fiber boost (you're likely not getting much at seven weeks out).

Salads are hard for many people. I still cannot eat iceberg and I'm more than two years out. I can eat other greens but I'm not sure they offer those options at McD's.

Online menus are your friend. There is a balance to be learned as far as eating well but living a normal life is also important. Find the middle ground and do what works for you.

~Cheri[/quote']

how do u know when u can't eat something? I'm pre-op

how do u know when u can't eat something? I'm pre-op

It's kind of a trial and error thing honestly. There are certain foods many people have problems with (bread, Pasta, rice- all things dense and carby) some have problems with eggs, chicken or pork, or greens such as lettuce as Cheri mentioned. You really learn these things on your own as you try new foods.

As far as how you know, as unpleasant as it is you'll probably get sick from then whether that means throwing up, nausea, or an uncomfortable 'stuck' feeling you'll see many people talk about as well as 'sliming' where you may have a build up of saliva in your throat. These are all ways to tell a food may not agree with you.

Considering that it is my post and my dilemma i can choose what the subject discussed on here can be. I asked a question and I would like people to respect my wishes. I know that most posts are about what I asked but its distracting when people dont respect the subject and try to help someone out. If it was you wouldnt you feel the same way in all honesty.

It's a public forum and any one can add any question or discuss about anything you should not be such a grinch you had a question and it was answered if you don't like people to have fun and be free to talk then you should pvt message ... Thankyou

Young Man/Lady

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the way the internet works' date=' so let me shed some light on this subject matter. When you post something to the internet by way of online forums, chat rooms, or otherwise you are opening yourself up to all kinds of things, luckly here on this site things are well moderated (Thank you, mods) so you get to bypass a lot of the flaming, harassment, and generally trolling that one might expect on the internet. Also, these forums are a public place for the members to communicate thoughts, feelings, and information between Vertical Sleeve Talk members. By in large this thread has been EXTREMELY informative, and pretty close to as "on topic" as you could reasonably expect. If you feel that you have gained all the information you care to know about this particular subject, feel free to delete the thread, although that is ill-advised because the entire point of a site like this is to build up an archive of information. I have not once seen you offer a useful response to any of the people here who have taken their time to offer you information, or even so much as a thank you. Forums are a give and a take, and you need to learn how to give a little. Not every single reply to anything will ever be exactly spot-on what you are looking for, but you should be thankful for all the experienced people here interacting with you.[/quote']

Very well written :)

Holy cow people, I have 2teenage daughters. And somehow so called adults seem to stir up more drama than both of them combined.

"CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?" Rodney King

Here you go

Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 2.5 oz (70 g) Amount per Serving Calories 100 Calories from Fat 36.0 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 6% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 45mg 15% Sodium 430mg 17% Total Carbohydrate 2g 0% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 1g Protein 14g 28% Est. Percent of Calories from: Fat 36% Carbs 8% Protein 56% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/mcdonalds/grilled-chicken-snack-wrap-wo-tortilla-or-sauce/

Here you go

Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 2.5 oz (70 g) Amount per Serving Calories 100 Calories from Fat 36.0 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 6% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 45mg 15% Sodium 430mg 17% Total Carbohydrate 2g 0% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 1g Protein 14g 28% Est. Percent of Calories from: Fat 36% Carbs 8% Protein 56% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2' date='000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/mcdonalds/grilled-chicken-snack-wrap-wo-tortilla-or-sauce/

[/quote']

That's pretty neat that you found a specific nutritional info sans tortilla and sauce. I think the nutritional info referenced in my post above included tortilla wrap and sauce; hence, the higher 270 calorie count.

:)

I will refrain from further showing anger now' date=' sorry, I am having a ruff day.

you people shouldn't make others fight so hard to get a space to post reply, even when you can't see a full point in furthering a discussion here.[/quote']

Here you go

Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 2.5 oz (70 g) Amount per Serving Calories 100 Calories from Fat 36.0 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 6% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 45mg 15% Sodium 430mg 17% Total Carbohydrate 2g 0% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 1g Protein 14g 28% Est. Percent of Calories from: Fat 36% Carbs 8% Protein 56% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.

http://www.livestron...tilla-or-sauce/

Now you got the answer no need to argue can't we all just get along this forum is an open forum and you shouldn't tell people that they can't express themselves...