Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The pillow certainly helped immediately after surgery. I had a pillow for at least the first 2 weeks and really, had little to no pain for the first two weeks following surgery. But these last two weeks have been a bear!

The pillow certainly helped immediately after surgery. I had a pillow for at least the first 2 weeks and really' date=' had little to no pain for the first two weeks following surgery. But these last two weeks have been a bear![/quote']

Yeah, it's weird. My largest incision definitely hurts more today than a week ago.

Immediately after surgery' date=' I felt great! Never used the pain meds that were sent home with me! About 2 weeks after surgery I began having extreme pain in my lower left abdomen. My surgeon hospitalized me at my follow up visit to do a Catscan. They say the Catscan was normal and I, "probably pulled a muscle." I'm now 4 weeks out from surgery and am still in severe pain. It's not a constant pain, but the action of standing, sitting, laying down, sitting up, bending over (I try not to do this at all because its the worst), even squating (TMI warning) to use the potty is super painful. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how long did the pain last?[/quote']

Omg i been there...it was lk two weeks after surgery too!!!bless ur heart its very painful and tender..i had it for about 4 weeks.it was the same i had sorta pulled a muscle type thingy cause i was using my my muscles to get up.the dr finally gave me some liquid lortab about 3 weeks out.i took it straight for two weeks and it slowly but surely went away..i could even wear jeans or anything it was so sore and tender

Is it focused right under one of your incisions? I have a pain under my largest one. In fact' date=' it's kind of a hard lump, which the doc said was normal.[/quote']

I too had a hard lump under my incision and one day I kept getting something from my incision caught on my nighty and shirts. Well I pulled on it and pulled out and undisolved suture and it went away in about 5 days.

I too had a hard lump under my incision and one day I kept getting something from my incision caught on my nighty and shirts. Well I pulled on it and pulled out and undisolved suture and it went away in about 5 days.

That actually sounds like a very scary thing to be doing with your incision. Glad it worked out for you though.

I wish I didn't react so poorly to pain killer! All I'm able to take is IB Prophen.. and its great for a short time, but once every 12 hours isn't nearly enough!

I wish I didn't react so poorly to pain killer! All I'm able to take is IB Prophen.. and its great for a short time' date=' but once every 12 hours isn't nearly enough![/quote']

You shouldn't be taking ibuprofen!!!! Please be careful. No anti-inflammatories like that.

My surgical doctor also said something similar; specifically, he said it is best to wait until after 6 months post op and it is always recommended to take a PPI with the NSAID of choice to prevent ulcers. This is exactly what I did in January 2013 by having my PCP start me back on a daily ER NSAID prescription med for dealing with non-sleeve inflammation issue I have in my foot and back. These conditions were present before I had the sleeve surgery in July 2012. Always check with your doctor and understand the risks.

Wow. At every step of the process, I have been repeatedly told, by everyone in my medical team, that NSAIDs are absolutely off the table from here on it. I actually had to sign something that I understood! I had two pharmacy consults that went through my med list (which, thankfully, is nothing really....just Advil for back pain), and both pharmacists told me to toss my Advil and use something else for the rest of my life.

There were things along the way in every other area that were presented as "Some people..." but this clearly wasn't one of them.

God, I just cannot get over how different it is what we're all told. I'm sorry to alarm you...don't listen to me, listen to your doc! Again, sorry.

I was shocked also. All of my materials said no NSAIDS. But after a muscle tear and reaction to narcotics, the surgeon who was seeing me (not my surgeon, but one from the same facility) said something like, "Oh yeah, you can have NSAIDS with the sleeve."

*sigh* I'll be talking with my surgeon on Tuesday!

Most of the Dr will tell you no nsaids of any kind. But I waited about 2-3 months after surgery before I started taking them again.only take alleve.once every 24 Hrs,I told my surgeon,and all he asked is if I was having any problems, told him no.

My surgeon said NSAIDS were fine, in moderation. I was told you would have to take 1600 mg a day (that's 8 regular Advil), without food or milk, for it to make a difference to the sleeve. The risk of ulcers is the same as for non sleeved patients. Yes, there is a risk but its one I'm willing to take when I have a Migraine and Advil Liqui-gels are the only thing that relieves them!