Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sleeved yesterday and though there were no complications (thank God!) I was wondering how long it took you guys for the stomach pain to go away?

Got mine wed and I'm having the same thing. Several others said it takes a week or so. They also said sip very slow and try warm instead of cold. Try not to swallow extra air when you sip. I'm ready for the pain to be over too. Good luck...kinda made me nervous about what to expect but everyone reassures it goes away.

I was sleeved on 12/28. It took about 4 days for the majority of the pain to go away. Three days later I was back at work with no pain. Be careful about what you eat. I didn't know it, but I was causing myself gas pains by eating sugar free popsicles (they contain sugar alcohols that my stomach didn't like) and sugar free Jell-O (don't know what sugar substitute they use, but my stomach didn't like it either). The only thing I could safely eat for the 1st 2 weeks was low carb Protein Shakes, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom Soup.< /p>

Thanks guys! I'll def stick to drinking warm liquids. Not hungry so I don't think I'll be eating much the first week. Doc said this was okay because my stomach is still swollen.

I still get some cramps kind of feeling when I eat like a "churning" feeling inside. No pain or anything like that. Plus I had to learn to burp again...since 85% of your muscle is gone, you have to retrain that little pouch to burp! I am still trying to figure out the sensations I get...mostly it is a rumbling noise feeling...not sure what hunger or full feels like yet!

I did eat a lot of ice chips for a week and I think that helps reduce the swelling in your tummy even though the warm may feel better. I limited the "warm" to the meals I had but that is just what worked for me. When they did the upper GI before my discharge he said I was really swollen so hence why I did ice chips.< /p>

I was sleeved on 10/24. My pain wasn't too bad, but I did notice that when I started with the ice chips to begin with, they made my pouch hurt. Since I was limit to ice chips for a little while I had to deal with it and I found as I started drinking liquids that the colder they were the more I hurt. I had to stick with the warmer or room temp liquids.Even now it still bothers me to drinkl or eat anything too cold! The majority of the pain I felt was from Gas and I tried to get up and move as much as possible to get rid of it. but that only took a few days to get rid of.

I was sleeved on 10/24. My pain wasn't too bad' date=' but I did notice that when I started with the ice chips to begin with, they made my pouch hurt. Since I was limit to ice chips for a little while I had to deal with it and I found as I started drinking liquids that the colder they were the more I hurt. I had to stick with the warmer or room temp liquids.Even now it still bothers me to drinkl or eat anything too cold! The majority of the pain I felt was from Gas and I tried to get up and move as much as possible to get rid of it. but that only took a few days to get rid of.[/quote']

How do you know when it is gas pains and not stomach/wounds pain?

How do you know when it is gas pains and not stomach/wounds pain?

The pain was different, the stomach pains were in basically one spot and the gas pains moved, if I shifted or got up and started walking, I could feel the gas bubble move. I new what the gas pains felt like from my gallbladder surgery.

The pain was different' date=' the stomach pains were in basically one spot and the gas pains moved, if I shifted or got up and started walking, I could feel the gas bubble move. I new what the gas pains felt like from my gallbladder surgery.[/quote']

I see.

I was sleeved Jan. 23. More discomfort than I anticipated. I have had several burps and a tiny bowel movement. I have definitely experienced the gurgling feeling. Also, when I sip my drinks, I notice pressure in the left side of my body below my heart.

I also had a lot more discomfort than I thought and was sleeved on the 23rd. I really do not understand this stomach at all! I often get that gurgling sound/feeling and have no idea what it means. I keep drinking Water and am working on Protein Shakes. I got a half of one down yesterday and a couple Popsicles. It's all hard but getting better every day.

I had my sleeve done on the 23rd as well, pain gets better every day:) but I find its hard to eat my soft foods, Protein Shakes are had to get down. I too feel s fullness on my left side below my heart when I eat or drink. Learning what all the sensations are us a trick, lol.

I was sleeved 1-14. 4-5 days in I felt so much better! I am 12 days in and feel great now!!!

I had my sleeve done on the 23rd as well' date=' pain gets better every day:) but I find its hard to eat my soft foods, Protein Shakes are had to get down. I too feel s fullness on my left side below my heart when I eat or drink. Learning what all the sensations are us a trick, lol.[/quote']

I sure do hope so! I haven't had anything besides liquids because of the pain. I'm just not sure if they are gas pains or stomach pains.

I was sleeved on the 23 and have had the same pain and pressure you guys are talking about. I am starting to notice that pain or pressure below my heart is slowly starting to get better each day. I think not knowing how its going to be for the rest of my life made this a little more troublesome to me. I was afraid its going to "hurt" every time I eat from now on. I am still sure the sleeve was the right choice for me. I know in a few weeks when all of the soreness and pain is over, I will say like everyone else I know that has had this procedure, that I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hope you are all feeling better soon.