Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much are you eating?

Hey everyone..... 8th week band to sleeve revision.... 41 pounds gone...Nice!

I wonder if I'm eating too much. It seems I eat and then I feel like crap! For instance tonight I ate broiled flounder about 5 ounces and about 2 ounces of spinach..... Feel like crap.. Had to lay down with discomfort. Not pain just uncomfortable and a little nausea. Tunafish gave me the same feeling too. What are you eating and how much? Please share..... Thanks!

I wonder if I'm eating too much. It seems I eat and then I feel like crap! For instance tonight I ate broiled flounder about 5 ounces and about 2 ounces of spinach..... Feel like crap.. Had to lay down with discomfort. Not pain just uncomfortable and a little nausea. Tunafish gave me the same feeling too. What are you eating and how much? Please share..... Thanks!

By the way.... The scale has not moved in almost a week......

Way too much. I am at 7 mos and last nights dinner was two ounces of salmon and two bites of kale. Stuffed.

I had my sleeve done november 8th. I have had quite a few stalls. I am now down 43 pounds as of this morning!

Wow...I'm 5 wks out and not lost near that! Congrats! I can only eat about 1/3 a chicken breast & maybe a petite carrot or two. I only eat till I'm satisfied & no longer hungry...not till I get that full feeling....if I feel that I've overdone it & miserable for a little while!

I can only eat like one chicken wing or maybe meat the size of a deck of cards. Im miserable at that point. I also found out why you shouldnt eat and drink at the same time.

I eat about 2 oz of meat and some veggies. I can't fit in more than 3 oz at a time. You might want to stop when you start to feel full, not uncomfortable.

if you are feeling bad, you areprobably over eating. I would eat 3-4 ounces of Protein slow if possible.. then eat the veggies. you kind of need to stop before you feel it.. if not, it is too late ,, but keep getting that protien in, that is wonderful!

I am 10 weeks out, 30 lbs down and had my first stall last week. I'm hoping when I weigh in tomorrow I see something lost! I can only eat a little bit at a time.. such as a sweedish meatball size of meat, chicken, beef, whatever... or one little cheese square at another sitting or a cheese stick.. or one egg white with cheese melted in to hide the egg taste (LOL) that I usually don't finish or a 5 oz yogurt.. that's the extent of what I can eat in one sitting.. ONE of those options above.. never could I eat more than an ouce if that of meat or veggies at one time.

Perhaps you are eating too much? Doesn't take much to fill me up.. I get hiccups and that is how I know the tank is comfortably full...

I can definitely eat 5 oz fish and find myself doing the same kind of thing with eating and then feeling so full it's uncomfortable. I recently met with a health coach who specializes in bariatric surgery and she said that at this point in the game (Im 8 weeks out too), you really need to listen to your body. So much easier said than done. I am struggling with this too. I steer clear of carbs like Pasta, crackers, toast, bread, rice, etc.. and I don't eat any sugar but my portions are definitely bigger than they were even 1 week ago.

I am almost a year out from surgery and I can eat basicly anything (which is why I had this surgery), I just have about 3 bites (spoonful) and I am full but I eat about 5 times a day so my metabolism keeps up and I make sure I drink my Protein shakes daily which personally I happen to like them and its simple, alot of people don't like them too much. There are some foods though I can't eat anymore like rice, potatoes etc, it feels too heavy on my sleeve but I exchanged that for turnips, squash and spinach which makes up for that. I am over 80lbs down and still going, slowly but I'm getting there.

Much Luck To You!

I'm six months out (today) and I can only eat about 1/2 cup total at a meal. I can order a 9 ounce grilled walleye fillet with a side of green Beans - and have enough left over for two more meals. Have I eaten more? Yes, and felt horrible. I'm still learning to only put what I can eat on my plate. At home, I only use a bread plate. It makes it look like I have a full plate.

I'm eating about 900 calories a day with a focus on getting in at least 80 grams of Protein.

I too have a sleeve revised from the band. I just met with my surgeon and was sad I haven't lost a lot and he told me the research shows that people who have a sleeve after a band lose slower because they don't feel as much restriction and their body is used to the small portions. He said its slow loss for us but we will lose. Hope that helps.

For dinner I measures out 1/2cup of chili with Beans with melted cheese on top. I ate 1/2(2oz) then two hours later ate the other half.

Good stuff.... Thanks everyone......... What a bunch of losers...lol. Lets keep losing together :)

I love it. Lol. :-)