Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what is your favorite snack post op

Helllppp...i'm snacking like crazy all of a sudden. Need to seriously reign it in. any support suggestions. I'm five months in and my doc wants me off Snacks period

Whenever you feel like snacking, just stick to Protein then. I really must watch my carbs too, so that is what I have done! Here's a great one! Grab some American cheese slices and cut into 9 smaller squares. Put on parchment paper and microwave for about 45 on parchment paper. Then peel them off and they make good crunchy cheese treats! A few almonds maybe, turkey pepperoni in the microwave makes a crunchy snack. Also cheese sticks with turkey deli meat rolled around them, cottage cheese with a few canned diced peaches, laughing cow cheese wedge on a Dr. Kracker's pumpkin cheddar sunflower seed cracker (Whole Foods), popcorn ( no butter).

A woman at my surgeons office told me she sucks/chews on cinnamon sticks when she's feeling snacky... It would work awesome in my opinion and would also stabilize blood sugars.. I am talking about a real cinnamon stick... The woody kind lol

A woman at my surgeons office told me she sucks/chews on cinnamon sticks when she's feeling snacky... It would work awesome in my opinion and would also stabilize blood sugars.. I am talking about a real cinnamon stick... The woody kind lol

I have not had a real woody cinnamon stick in years would not know where to find them

I heard about Questbars from someone... I purchased the chocolate chip cookie dough one from GNC today. It is the PERFECT snack! It does not taste like a Protein bar! The whole bar has 21g protein, 17g Fiber, and 1g sugar....chunks of chocolate...Yummy!

I have not had a real woody cinnamon stick in years would not know where to find them

they sell them at every grocery store with the spices. I tried this ones, and it buned my mouth really bad and gave me sores on my lips! UGH!

Place some parchment paper on a paper plate. Cut 2 low fat sharp cheddar cheese sticks into 1 inch pieces and place on parchment. Microwave 1 minute to 1 min 20 seconds (depending on power of microwave). Use a knife to slide off of parchment and break into pieces. It will taste like cheese crackers! Delicious!

KALE chips KALE CHIPS KALE CHIPS :wub:

I still enjoy sugar free popsicles. Currently, my favorite Snacks are pistachio nuts and orange slices.

i am 4 months out and my fav is string cheese and apples yummmmyyyyyyyyy

I'm 4 months post-op too! I'm all about the string cheese! I use the Weight Watchers string cheese and it's really good. I've yet to eat fruits because I know the sugar content in them are really high. Sometimes I have some Chobani Greek yogurt which is the best.

I just had 3 crackers with PB...yummy, but I think I'm going to die!!! Way too much...I think they grew in my tummy! :-/

Ok' date=' hope I'm not stepping on any toes...like I said this is NOT my recipe....someone else posted it here...I just can't find it here now...here goes:

Protein balls

1 cup old fashioned oats

1 1/2 cups Protein powder (I used chocolate)

1 cup Peanut Butter (I used crunchy Skippy)

Handful of dried fruit (I used cranberries)

Dash of SF Torani Syrup (to taste)

Splenda (I used 3 packets)

Mix the glob together with a little Water until you get a consistency to roll into balls. Roll into balls a little smaller than golf balls and freeze. Take them out and defrost when you plan to eat. They're good frozen and defrosted.

Yum! [/quote']

I'm 4 months post-op too! I'm all about the string cheese! I use the Weight Watchers string cheese and it's really good. I've yet to eat fruits because I know the sugar content in them are really high. Sometimes I have some Chobani Greek yogurt which is the best.

I absolutely love the Weight Watchers smoked mozzarella sticks. The jalapeño ones are pretty good too. So much better than a plain old cheese stick.

I heard about Questbars from someone... I purchased the chocolate chip cookie dough one from GNC today. It is the PERFECT snack! It does not taste like a Protein bar! The whole bar has 21g protein' date=' 17g Fiber, and 1g sugar....chunks of chocolate...Yummy![/quote']

I like the Quest bars as well. They are real chewy too. The only major downfall is some of them have sugar alcohol in them. That will mess with your stomach(and maybe give you diarrhea) . I try to avoid that stuff as much as possible.

Healthy Choice frozen Greek yogurt. I just tried the Ben & Jerry's Greek Peanut Butter and banana' date=' too, and it was AMAZING.[/quote']

I'm trying the healthy choice tonight. I saw the Ben & Jerry's at the store today and it had too much sugar and not enough Protein. I noticed the healthy choice varies in Protein content depending on the flavor you buy. Some have 3 grams and some have 6 or 7, weird!

I also picked up some greek yogurt popsicles today. They are 80 calories and 6 grams of protein.

At some point I want to buy an ice cream freezer and make my own frozen greek yogurt. I'll probably be better off that way.