Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

asking here because you all have had the sleeve done.

Just change of clothes loose sweat pants , slippers tooth brush that's all oh and don't forget the phone charger ...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using VST

Loose pants and slip on shoes. Something that will be comfortable for the ride home. Oh and a toothbrush. I took all sorts of stuff with me and didn't even look at what was in my bag. You will either be sleeping or walking around

Nothing but the clothes on your back, and make those just some loose sweats

and a zippered sweatshirt! My husband was so pissed they made him take everything

they asked me to bring with him while I was in the bed waiting for surgery.

They will give u toothbrush.

I wore the same outfit to the hospital that I wore home. I had packed a bunch of stuff that was on the list but didn't hardly use anything. I was in only night and honestly did not feel like reading. I brought gas x strips but the doctor didn't want me to use them so I didn't. I wore the hospital gown the day of surgery and a comfortable pair of PJ's the next day. Good luck

Defiantly take a book, I read heaps while in hospital. Also a loose pair of pajamas, something loose and comfortable to wear home, toothbrush, phone and charger. That's all I needed while in hospital for 3 days

this topic has me wondering...how long did y'all stay in the hospital (those of you without complications)? I am curious if it varies greatly depending on insurance coverage, doctor, etc.

I took a brush, toothbrush and paste, wore same clothes in as out. Flip flops I wore there. Chapstick phone and charger and my pillow so I could be comfy.

Definatly, Chapstick , and I needed extentionn for phone and iPad.

I was in for two nights. No complications. I packed a change of clothes, pajamas but only used the pants and slippers. A toothbrush and paste and mouth wash. Phone charger for sure and a hair brush. Chapstick helped. I really needed warmer pajamas than then what I took they keep the hospital cold. They will bring extra blankets but when you walk you can't take it with you.

Good luck!

I went in the 17th and was home on the 18th by 1pm. No issues at all

I was in the hospital 5 days. The thing I needed the most was my Bigelow Peppermint Decaff Tea and Truvia. I hate regular decaff tea, especially served in a plastic coffee cup like they do in the hospital. I asked the nurses for a styrofoam of hot Water. I also use truvia as I hate other artificial sweeteners. It was a godsend.

I brought my favorite comfortable big soft throw blanket. It smelt like Downy and it was comforting. I also brought Charmaine Butt Wipes. After surgery you have that orange stuff all over your stomach, and areas, and trying to pee after surgery and you get the catheter out is rough and the wipes seemed help me feel cleaner.

These things, lip balm and the spirometer (breathing machine) that helps keep you from getting pneumonia were the most valuable things to me, along with my walking crocs.

Without all these things, the hospital would have been quite unbearable. Seriously, the smell of coffee in the plastic cups they served hot Water with tea bags made me nauseated. Bringing your favorite artificial sweetener and your favorite Decaff tea, (like peppermint) really helped me get my water down.

I took my toiletries bag with my lotions and potions, my own toothbrush, chapstick, and deodorant. I packed pj pants and a bathrobe, but I tend to be overly modest. I also had my iPad and charger. That's it! I wore the same clothes home that I came in because I'd only worn them for an hour before I had to strip for surgery anyway.

I wish I had brought some itchy cream. I was nearly crazy with the itchies from the pain medication. They woke my poor surgeon up at 3am so he could give orders for benedryl. I felt terrible about that.