Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it possible that you're coming down with the flu? There are usually body aches when you have the flu.

Please know that things will get so much better. I am going to be 4 years out and most of the time, I don't even think about being sleeved or what I can or can't eat. I can eat anything I want. Maybe I can't eat as much of something as I want, but I can eat more later. Usually, if I think I am going to have more of something later, I don't even want it later.

I eat very normally, just smaller portions than other people. It's going to get easier over time, and you'll be really happy that you're so much thinner.

It's not about food... We are changing who we are and how the world sees us. And trying to figure out how we fit into it. It can make you feel vulnerable..

Hey I don't know you but I wish you the best!! Hope the aches will end

So sorry you are going through this. I think for some of us, the emotional part of this surgery can hit us at different stages. I am 8 mos post-op amd on Tuesday I cried because the cats were out of Water. WTH??? I hope you feel better soon.

I'm still having pain and alot of major emotional moments. It feels as if I'm losing it. I don't know I feel super depressed now. I want to feel normal, this sucks!

You really should see someone for physical pain - there might be an issue that needs to be addressed that will improve your quality of life immensely.

As for emotions being wacky post op, that's normal. It's not reassuring but it really is normal. Ha ha, so you ARE feeling normal right now...for a fairly newly sleeved person! :)

In addition to having hormones stored in our fat cells that get released and screw with us as we shed pounds, it's not easy to make such a serious lifestyle change. What was food to you? To me it was a comfort, almost a friend, a secret indulgence...a way to not feel sad, a way to fit in with my family and friends...it was all of those things.

And then I had this surgery and when I felt frustrated or angry or sad I couldn't eat my way out of it! It's not easy to find new ways to cope, especially when I was totally in denial about my food relationship before I had my surgery. I was completely blindsided by how depressed and restless I felt until that phase passed.

It also doesn't happen overnight. You have a journey in front of you and you're working hard on doing the right things and reaching a goal but you aren't going to have the body/weight you want for a while and it's going to take some time for your head to catch up in any case.

Hang in there. Vent here and find threads with people in the same place you're in because you're not alone.

And get to your doc about the pains. That's not normal.

~Cheri

I'm still having pain and alot of major emotional moments. It feels as if I'm losing it. I don't know I feel super depressed now. I want to feel normal' date=' this sucks![/quote']

Don't think you will ever feel normal again this is a big change in your life. I assume that you have to be mentally strong to endure the after process of the sleeve. I really hope and pray you can get pass the depression and the pain.

Keep us posted

Thanks for posting this topic. Until now I didn't really understand why there was a need for a psychiatric evaluation as part of the requirements for surgery. Now I definitely do. Not only is there a serious physical component to this surgery, but there is a significant mental aspect as well. I'm 4 weeks out and didn't realize this until now. I have been on a rollercoaster ride, both physically and emotionally since having this surgery. Sometimes I wonder WTH was I thinking??? Everyone says it will get better and I'm praying that will be the case. I live alone and my support network is somewhat small - which adds to my depression. I suffer from depression, but it has been a year since I had to take depression meds. Recently I asked my PCP to put me back on the depression meds cause I can't handle the emotional aspect alone. My body feels alien to me know. I'm weak constantly, when I eat (which has been difficult to get much of anything in) I'm either fighting to keep it down or, having stomach cramping - a sign that something (I don't know what) is trying to come out. I don't sleep well and I swear I feel like I can actually tell that I'm missing something inside, when I'm lying down. Only two people know that I had this surgery, others know that I've had surgery but don't know why. Whatever anyone says, this is not easy. It's probably like being on the strictest diet that one could ever imagine, except you can't get off or cheat even if you wanted to. Still, I'm praying that things will get better. Keep your chin up Frye, your not alone.

Prayers going out to all struggling with depression. You are not alone we are here for you. Frye please seek medical attention and keep us up dated.