Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery January 5th. I feel like I'm constantly hungry ! Get All my Protein , Water , Vitamins , yogurt and Soup !!!! I want to take a bite of something !!!! Getting weak for a hamburger ... This is not easy !!!!!!

It isn't easy! I got that constant hunger a couple of weeks after surgery but it passed. Try drinking some more Water, I found that helped but you really just need to work through it.

Many docs prescribe a PPI for the first 6 months after surgery; an acid reducer like Prevacid or Prilosec helps with that gnawing that feels like hunger, but is actually excess stomach acid. Ask your doc about it, or have them adjust your dosage if you're already on one. I needed an increase in dosage around 3 weeks and it worked very well.

I am 2 weeks post op I do feel hungry sometimes but I get full eating 4 spoons

Sent from my iPhone 5 using VST

This is normal and we all have been there. Your body is healing and u can't get lots in. So of course your hungry, remember its not magic. Our brain needs time to adjust to changes. I promise it will get better!! This is normal! I was starving and had lots of regrets. My nut felt so bad for me she told me to start stage 2, 3days early. I love my sleeve now an you will too! As you heal you will be able to put more dwn. and the hunger will go away but it takes time.

Do what the dr. Says!!

Height 5"4

Preop- 235

DOS oct 8th - 225

Today 185

I average about 10 lbs a month

I don't have lots to loose So my weight loss is slow than most. But I'm totally fine with it, Cause I'm small

That's another thing I wanted to know I am also 5 "4 181 pounds starting weight 201. So because we have lower Bmi 's we are going to lose weight a lot slower ? I'm really in no hurry also

Had my surgery January 5th. I feel like I'm constantly hungry ! Get All my Protein ' date=' Water , Vitamins , yogurt and Soup !!!! I want to take a bite of something !!!! Getting weak for a hamburger ... This is not easy !!!!!![/quote']

I know how you feel! I thought I wouldn't be hungry all the time because the stomach is smaller??? I have just 1/4 cup

Sarah- you got this! The early days suck. They just do. I can say that once I was allowed real food- all of my head hunger went away. I am now perfectly happy eating my tiny little portions and I never feel hungry.

And yes- those with lower BMI's tend to lose slower. Think if it like percentages. You have lost roughly 10% of your starting weight. That's awesome. I've lost 49lbs in a little over 2 months, but my starting BMI was 50.

I had surgery on August 23 2012. In the beginning I was hungry all the time and started taking Prilosec once a day, it definitely helped. I was feeling hungry right after I ate. Now 5 months later, I have to remind myself to eat. I started at 200lbs. I've lost 42 lbs so far. A little slower than normal but I'm not in a rush.