Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with anxiety. Did it get worse after

I feel like my entire world is outta control as my weight drops slowly fastly doesn't seem to matter im very anxious and fidgety hubby keeps asking me if im on drugs which is a huge laugh but that is another story i just feel so outtta control wondering if anyone knows if there is an explanation and fix for this

Remember there are hormones in our fat cells so as their burned away they release these hormones. That's why everyone on the site is crazy lol j/k. I don't know when u had your surgery but it does level out.

Forgot bout those its freakin crazy i thought i was normal but i been goin off on strangers and everyone in my house just had my surgery dec 28 how long to level off i wonder seems like i may need to make a visit to my doc soon lol

Honestly I had my surgery oct 31st and I just started feeling sane a week or so ago. But I still have moments lol.

The first month was rough for me. We are making huge changes in our lives and the adjustment is hard on us mentally. Not to mention the hormones. Give it time and try to relax. Going to the doc for some anxiety meds wont hurt either if you dont feel like its getting any better.

Can you explain a little more in detail on how you feel so much anxiety ? I just got sleeved this month and so far I am excited and other times scared, when you say hormones what do you mean? I am going to start saying crazy things at business meetings? Or start talking to my self? Now I've got anxiety

I think what your feeling is normal. Someone who has had the sleeve for only a month and had struggled with anxiety/depression for years the feelings after a major change to your body is acceptable. It is a huge change and something you never did before so why wouldn't you be anxious. I doubt your going to start talking to yourself because what I think your referring to is schizo type behaviors and have to do with the amount of dopamine in your brain and not your stomach being removed. But as the other guy said all your horror - mones are all jacked up because of the surgery so it's normal.

Im extremely short tempered and normally im pretty patient i walk in my house from work and my heart is racing hands shaking according to my hubby i start yelling immediately its because my house is in disarray and im not a neat freak and not a type a personality either but when i walk in the kitchen to try to figure out what im gonna eat which is frustrating anyway and its a disaster or all the stuff is left out i kinda freak this is stuff that never really bothered me before i sorta went off on a dude at Walmart 2 weeks ago that is when i went to doc the first time for it he put me on buspar im not seeing any help grrrr matter of fact its getting worse hubby and i keep fighting he says im self absorbed and neglecting everyone especially him of course he was never really on board with this surgery so i feel like he is just being a jackass maybe jealous and insecure but thats his excuse for being an idiot i dont like feeling this way

I seriously followed a guy through the city, rolled my window down and screamed at him like a fishwife because he honked at me at a green light. There was a pedestrian so I couldn't go, and I lost my marbles. I've never done that before in my life, and I chose someone in the city to go bat crap crazy on! I'm glad he didn't have a gun, sheesh! I couldn't figure out why I behaved like that, but i forgot about the hormone/fat relationship.

Oh thank god. I'm not the only one. One minute I'm crying and the next I'm yelling at some kids mom for crying at the grocery store. My husband has been great through all of this. He has even learned to dodge at the right time. God love him. Just like everyone has told me, hang in there.

I have noticed that my lifelong OCD symptoms which have been relatively minor in the past 10 years have worsened since surgery - there are some positive repercussions of that, namely, all of my closets have been emptied, vacuumed and cleaned out since my surgery in December! But the negative repercussions are that I feel extremely uncomfortable when my kids make messes in the house (this has not bothered me for years) and I find myself getting "stuck" for hours (e.g., spending three hours looking for a new rug for my office online). My husband has noticed and commented on this resurgence of obsessions and compulsive behaviors, but I feel pretty aware of it. I'm not too worried about it, I expect that part of it is due to an increase in energy level I feel overall, and as long as my husband and I can laugh about my quirks, I think we're good!

The thing that keeps me sane is exercising regularly. You don't have to go crazy and spend hours exercising but try and get in at least 1 hour 3-5 days a week if you haven't already. I also make sure to get lots of sunlight because the vit d helps with anxiety and the fresh air is amazing. Exercise has been the only thing to ever help with my anxiety and I hate pills or other medications that have tons of side effects.

I've suffered with panic disorder and OCD all of my life, unfortunately mine got worse after surgery. I wasn't on medication before surgery because it was mild enough that I could handle it, but now that I'm 6 months out I need medication to be able to cope. It's horrible, but I'm glad that I'm not huge anymore.

I also have dealt with panic disorder for well over 20 years. A set dosage of my medication managed it nicely prior to surgery. Since surgery, I find that I don't want to be left alone and feel less stable....meaning, I'm afraid I'll have a low blood sugar moment (I've had two or three episodes) and not have any help. I finally called my doc and he's upped my meds for a while. My hope is that I'll get this under control as I become more comfortable with my diet, particularly as I'm only a little over five weeks post-op now.

Another thing I've noticed - or I should say my husband has - is that I'm more irritable at my time of the month. I've always been draggy and tired but never a roller coaster of emotions. I'm pretty even keeled. Or was. Now I apparently am easily irritated, to the point where my husband quietly asked the other night, "Is it almost time for your period to be over?" Bless his heart. :)

I also have dealt with panic disorder for well over 20 years. A set dosage of my medication managed it nicely prior to surgery. Since surgery' date=' I find that I don't want to be left alone and feel less stable....meaning, I'm afraid I'll have a low blood sugar moment (I've had two or three episodes) and not have any help. I finally called my doc and he's upped my meds for a while. My hope is that I'll get this under control as I become more comfortable with my diet, particularly as I'm only a little over five weeks post-op now.

Another thing I've noticed - or I should say my husband has - is that I'm more irritable at my time of the month. I've always been draggy and tired but never a roller coaster of emotions. I'm pretty even keeled. Or was. Now I apparently am easily irritated, to the point where my husband quietly asked the other night, "Is it almost time for your period to be over?" Bless his heart. :)[/quote']

Are your panic attacks getting worse? I've noticed that mine are more frequent. Pre-op I used to get one maybe once a month and now they are everyday. My regular doctor just put me on 20mg of Celexa daily.