Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

for those of you who live alone

I live alone and have 3 dogs. My plan is to take the 2 Mastiffs to the doggie daycare the day before surgery. I have a friend who's going to take care of my yorkie. I plan to come home alone. I know I will have to stay 1 night at the hospital and maybe too he's already told me maybe 2, because I'm a little older. Yay I turned 50 today! Has anyone come home and done at all alone or do I need to stay at my moms a day or 2? I would be so much more comfortable at home. I am pretty stubborn and independent.

I am also stubborn and independent! I went home (as a single mom of a 3 year old) instead of going to my parents. I did fine! Even with the 3 year old.. I had previously planned for my sons dad to take him for a few days but at the last minute he wasn't able to and everything was fine.

I have a friend taking me home. Depending on the release time and how i am feeling, she has agreed to either stay over night or go home if i am home early and doing ok. I wanted only the ride home but finally agreed with her that perhaps it is not smart to be alone that first night.

I stayed with my aunt and uncle for 2 days before returning home....I was ready to leave after 1 night, but my aunt insisted I stay 2 nights like I did in the hospital

It's a great doggy daycare so I plan on them staying a few days. I have a big secured backyard and they can go out there. I rarely walk them. Mastiffs don't need loads of exercise and they get plenty in the yard...they even have toys and a bed out there!

I was alone and had no problems. I just had everything I thought I'd need for a few days all set out (drinks, heating pad, etc).

I'm a little older. 50 today! . I am pretty stubborn and independent.

Mastiff_mama

being stubborn and independent will help you throughout your journey, keeping you strong

i know you will be prepared with your shakes, liquids, Soups, Vitamins - all those necessary things

IMO you should be fine taking care of you

you will be in the same good hands as your adoreable Mastiffs!!

that being said........always good to have a backup plan, just in case you do need some unexpected help

don't be 'too" stubborn to ask for help-when/if needed - give mom a call

gotta jump in here about the "age" thing!!

dr saying you might need to stay in the hospital longer cuz you are 50, a"little" older??? :o

59 here - still able to "hear" every word the surgeon/NUT tells me!! :D

you/me can accomplish anything the "younguns" can :lol:maybe better? ;)

because of our "extra" years, we are "wiser" during our life long journey with the sleeve! :lol:

hmmmm, me sensitive about my age???? :o :lol:

luv from a senior citizen :lol:

good luck with WLS

speedy safe recovery :)

It's a great doggy daycare so I plan on them staying a few days. I have a big secured backyard and they can go out there. I rarely walk them. Mastiffs don't need loads of exercise and they get plenty in the yard...they even have toys and a bed out there!

Ah, that's a good thing. I have to walk my pooch. You will be just fine, personally I prefer to be left alone.

Bos...they are the greatest breed, but so loving! My pup thinks he can get in my lap and my senior likes to put his head in my stomach and get loving! Neather of which I want done a day or two post op! LOL

Bos...they are the greatest breed' date=' but so loving! My pup thinks he can get in my lap and my senior likes to put his head in my stomach and get loving! Neather of which I want done a day or two post op! LOL[/quote']

Lol that's right! Mines just over a year old but 140 PDs so we had to refrain from

Cuddles for about two weeks lol

Mine liked to push his head onto my stomach and he has a huge head! He puts all 180lbs onto it too! LOL he's old and easy to take care of...the 9 month old? Not so much! LOL

anyone come home and done at all alone - need to stay at my moms

Mastiff_mama

i know you will be prepared with your shakes, liquids, Soups, Vitamins - all those necessary things

IMO you should be fine taking care of you

you will be in the same good hands as your adoreable Mastiffs!!

that being said........always good to have a backup plan, just in case you do need some unexpected help

don't be 'too" stubborn to ask for help-when/if needed - give mom a call

gotta jump in here about the "age" thing!!

dr saying you might need to stay in the hospital longer cuz you are 50, a"little" older??? :o

59 here - still able to "hear" every word the surgeon/NUT tells me!! :D

you/me can accomplish anything the "younguns" can :lol:maybe better? ;)

because of our "extra" years, we are "wiser" during our life long journey with the sleeve! :lol:

hmmmm, me sensitive about my age???? :o :lol:

luv from a senior citizen :lol:

good luck with WLS

speedy safe recovery :)

oops- in error i repeated my post from above