Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Having trouble eating...

Oh really? I heard it was lack of Protein that affected hairless, but I'll check my Vitamins now! Thanks :-)

After a bad few days, I've managed a record-breaking 1 litre of Fluid today including about 80 mls of soup! Woo hoo!!!!

Sounds like you're doing great Vickyl - well done you!

I have the same exact difficulty. Sleeved on January 11th. Have no desire to eat or drink. Nothing tastes right. Be very careful not to get dehydrated. I ended up back in the hospital for dehydration for four days!

My worst issue now, as well, is the stomach acid, having to constantly remove the foamy stuff from my mouth. Yuck! I guess that is what it is.

They say it gets better, and I trust that it will.

I hope it gets better soon for you!! I'm going through the " I really miss food" stage. Try to choke this Protein down and fluids is a real job!!!

I was sleeved on 23-Jam 2013, 4 weeks out down 37# & 2 pant sizes!!! Loving the weight loss, started on some real food this week. I have been able to eat, about half a wrap, or half a regular sized sandwich neither with raw veggies. I stop eating when I feel the pressure in my chest, but a few times that feeling wasn't there, and I had to evacuate ( not fun )!!! Seems like its easier to drink, getting in my 64 oz.

just hoping that I can eat other things soon. I really dislike the evacuations! When I get sick I get sick from being sick, & sometimes it really wears me out!

I was sleeved on 23-Jam 2013, 4 weeks out down 37# & 2 pant sizes!!! Loving the weight loss, started on some real food this week. I have been able to eat, about half a wrap, or half a regular sized sandwich neither with raw veggies. I stop eating when I feel the pressure in my chest, but a few times that feeling wasn't there, and I had to evacuate ( not fun )!!! Seems like its easier to drink, getting in my 64 oz.

just hoping that I can eat other things soon. I really dislike the evacuations! When I get sick I get sick from being sick, & sometimes it really wears me out!

Doesn't the bread (wrap) make your sleeve swell? I thought bread, rice, Pasta were "no-nos?"

What is your trick for getting in all your fluids?

I have the same exact difficulty. Sleeved on January 11th. Have no desire to eat or drink. Nothing tastes right. Be very careful not to get dehydrated. I ended up back in the hospital for dehydration for four days!

My worst issue now' date=' as well, is the stomach acid, having to constantly remove the foamy stuff from my mouth. Yuck! I guess that is what it is.

They say it gets better, and I trust that it will.[/quote']

It seems that after every good day comes a few bad, and my Fluid today is low... I'm really conscious of getting dehydrated, but can't seem to choke it down! Any tips???

It seems that after every good day comes a few bad, and my Fluid today is low... I'm really conscious of getting dehydrated, but can't seem to choke it down! Any tips???

I keep a pitcher or Water jug measured with Water and pour out a few ounces at a time (to keep it cold). I try to sip on it often and keep adding more water throughout the day. Pop sickles help, too. I like Kroger brand better than name brand. Seems like more "water/ice" in them than flavoring. Lipton Green Tea Citrus is good, as well.

Thanks Satchel - I'll give them a try.... :-)

One correction . . . scrap the Citrus Lipton Green Iced Tea. I had taken a few sips from mine and it tasted really good, however, I did not realize it has 13g of sugar. Yikes! I will continue to look for a less sugar content of iced green tea. Can always make it myself, as well.

Propel flavored waters are good, too.

One correction . . . scrap the Citrus Lipton Green Iced Tea. I had taken a few sips from mine and it tasted really good' date=' however, I did not realize it has 13g of sugar. Yikes! I will continue to look for a less sugar content of iced green tea. Can always make it myself, as well.

Propel flavored waters are good, too.[/quote']

They make the Lipton green tea citrus in a diet that doesn't have the sugars. Also crystal light makes some green tea mixes that are really good and have no sugar. I drink crystal light green tea peach mango all the time.

They make the Lipton green tea citrus in a diet that doesn't have the sugars. Also crystal light makes some green tea mixes that are really good and have no sugar. I drink crystal light green tea peach mango all the time.

That is funny that you mention that, Richard! I went shopping today and found the diet Green Tea Citrus and the Crystal Light Green Tea Peach Mango. Bought both! Thanks!

It seems that after every good day comes a few bad' date=' and my Fluid today is low... I'm really conscious of getting dehydrated, but can't seem to choke it down! Any tips???[/quote']

I feel your pain. I have struggled with getting in fluids from day one. I used to get very nauseated drinking plain Water and I found that putting lemon in my Water helped a lot. Since warm fluids go down easier, I drink a couple cups of herbal tea a day.

I have a 16 ounce water bottle and I put 4 rubber bands on it and each time I drink a whole bottle, I remove a rubber band. I also have an app called Waterlogged that I use to help me track it and it reminds me to drink. It is really hard. I suggest you drink some Propel or Gatorade while you're in this difficult phase so that will give your body some electrolytes. Just my two cents.

I see a private dietician and she has had to really push me to drink and eat more, but that's a whole other problem. :) hang in there. It will get better.

Thanks Brandi... I'll have a look for some electrolyte - loaded drinks, but I found the same with adding lemon! Flavours definitely help...!

I feel your pain. I have struggled with getting in fluids from day one. I used to get very nauseated drinking plain Water and I found that putting lemon in my Water helped a lot. Since warm fluids go down easier' date=' I drink a couple cups of herbal tea a day.

I have a 16 ounce water bottle and I put 4 rubber bands on it and each time I drink a whole bottle, I remove a rubber band. I also have an app called Waterlogged that I use to help me track it and it reminds me to drink. It is really hard. I suggest you drink some Propel or Gatorade while you're in this difficult phase so that will give your body some electrolytes. Just my two cents.

I see a private dietician and she has had to really push me to drink and eat more, but that's a whole other problem. :) hang in there. It will get better.[/quote']

Thanks for the waterlogged app idea. I just got sleeved on feb 28th and feel I'm struggling with getting in any kind of liquids. This will help keep me straight on where I am and need to go.