Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three months away is now Three Weeks!

In three Weeks I will be sleeved by Dr. Garcia.......! Wow!

Congratulations Diamondeyed! You are in for a very exciting 2013!!!! Looks like you have been on this forum for a while so you have an idea of what to expect....just know you will feel a little weird for 6-9 months but every day gets a little better and a little easier and then before you know it, you will be a normal weight person and life will be so much easier in every respect. Don't forget to take before photos....you won't be sorry! And when you have a chance, fill in your photo and profile here...it's nice for others to see who they are chatting with!

I recapped my first year on my last blog post if you want to read about what you might expect in your first year.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Queen if the crop I sure will. I am going to update my photo! Never really thought about since I am always on the mobile app...but I am going to get on my laptop and add.....thanks for the advice I will be posting my experience as well as staying around the forum to encourage others in their decisions..if it wasnt for the love and unity I find on this site, people sharing their uttermost heart about the journey, I would not be as educated as I am. My mother was blessed to be covered by medicare recently and I accompanied her to a required seminar given by one of the top surgeons here in Houstons,medical center, The questions I was asking the doctor on behalf of my mother had the doctor so excited to discuss the surgery he told my mother that he would love to have me at all of her post op group meetings and lifetime follow up....

Queen of the Crop I would love to read it

Sounds like you are a good one to blog! I'm thinking of posting some stories of others on my blog once a month. Would you be interested? Basically I would be looking for an ABOUT ME page....take a look at mine and if you want to write one about you, I might be able to use it....sounds like you might have an interesting story to tell....

I found just got to the part about the sh+%;y haircut....thanks

We're not supposed to put our blog links in these messages (stupid rule if you ask me) but many people, especially new people don't have their signatures turned on so they don't show up automatically. But my blog is www.queenofcrop.com Best to start at www.queenofcrop.com/about and then go from there.

QofC

Queen of the Crop I would love to read it

Sure does sneak up on you, doesn't it. I know how excited you must be. You'll do great! :)

Overweight since the age of five.......38 yrs old now.....surreal to me!

Woohoo!! I'm getting nervous and excited for you!!! I MIGHT be there woth you, I have a feeling that I won't be able until the 22nd. Ish I wish we could go together!

I'm so with you on the "I was just saying that I couldn't wait 4 months and now it's almost here" thing. Ohhhh it's so close! Our lives are going to change positively so much!! I feel hope. It's a good feeling, huh!?

We're not supposed to put our blog links in these messages (stupid rule if you ask me) but many people' date=' especially new people don't have their signatures turned on so they don't show up automatically. But my blog is www.queenofcrop.com Best to start at www.queenofcrop.com/about and then go from there.

QofC

I actually have read your blog and I can say that you definitely gave me inspiration and encouragement. Feb seemed like years away and now I can hardly believe its right around the corner. I really am just in a state of awe right now. This doesn't feel real, I feel like it may not work on me, then I see others photos and think man this really works. I worry about missing my flight, losing my bags on the way there, passing out! All sorts of crazy stuff run through my mind. I say this stuff just lightly though because I know that these steps I'm taking are ordered by God. I do feel as though he's making this happen for me. A month ago I was still on the fence about doing it in Feb. My dear husband said baby don't worry it's going to happen no matter what. For some reason his words gave me comfort and peace. He's such a skeptic and for him to fully embrace my decision without the usual negativity (such as what my mom and brothers offered) meant so much to me. I'm truly blessed to be able to do this and make a life changing move. Without God none of this would be possible. I'm nervous but committed to making this life change. I could so relate to traveling with mounds of clothes because you just didn't know if you were going to look right in these jeans or that shirt and to now be able to travel lightly and wear clothes with ease is mind boggling to me. I can't yet wrap my mind around all the possibilities. For me everything is falling into place.

AmyT....I am so excited...I was hoping you could go around that time......

AmyT....I am so excited...I was hoping you could go around that time......

When I got sleeved in November, a girl from the board was there also. Infact, she literally went into surgery right after me. It was exciting to finally meet her and be there for each other for support. We were constantly checking on each other. Felt like old friends by the time we left. She's got 5 kids so she doesn't have much time for the board right now but we call each other and text. It's neat to have formed this relationship with her and I'm so glad we went on the same day. Hope you two get to be there at the same time. :)

When I got sleeved in November' date=' a girl from the board was there also. Infact, she literally went into surgery right after me. It was exciting to finally meet her and be there for each other for support. We were constantly checking on each other. Felt like old friends by the time we left. She's got 5 kids so she doesn't have much time for the board right now but we call each other and text. It's neat to have formed this relationship with her and I'm so glad we went on the same day. Hope you two get to be there at the same time. :)[/quote']

Oh how neat! It doesn't look like ts going to work out to go at the same time as diamond, but maybe I'll have a sleeve buddy, yet. :).

Diamond, are you going the week of the 8th now!?

The 15...what date are u trying to fo