Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 21st!

Day 4- My World feels good !!! Back home yesterday, haven't weighed myself (I dont have a scale) , no pain as such but i cant lie down flat, have been sleeping in inclined position since surgery.

Diet wise - its only Clear Liquids till 10th Feb, though the doc said i can chew stuff and throw it away & gargle my mouth after some time if i have the urge to bite into something

I don't know. I always have my crystal light next to me and am sipping frequently. I tried hard today because my calves have been crampy' date=' which is a sign of dehydration. I hope I'm not over stuffing my sleeve. Calories wise, I've had 587 today with 81 grams I Protein... Not inducing my Percocet laced sugar free chocolate pudding.[/quote']

Your doing great imma try extra hard to do that is so hard I'm having a ruff time

How are the 21st ers doing??

I'm feeling great!!!!!

How are the 21st ers doing??

I'm feeling great!!!!!

I can say I feel so much better today yesterday I was to drink about 30oz and maybe 11grams in Protein

Oh I'm done 16 pounds since yesterday but I had no pre op diet

Feeling good today. Yesterday was tougher because my kids have finally shared their cold with me. I feel tired at times which I attribute to the lack of activity and the lack of calories. My goals are to get out of the house today... walk the neighborhood or just do some errands with the family. It is 20F outside, so it will be a cold walk! Pain is really minimal at this point but I still take a percocet at night with the hope that it helps me sleep sounder. The discomforts are shoulder (gas) and grumbling/tightness in my new stomach. All tolerable. I'm still amazed how quickly the body can heal.

I didn't have a pre-op diet either but started a liquid diet last Saturday. I'm down 25 in 1 week. Wow! I just hope the majority of that is not muscle mass.

Hi I was sleeved on the 21st also. I had a hard time with getting fluids down at first but am being more adventurous now and diversifying my liquids. My post op visit went great....down 7% in less than 2 woks which my drs goal for all patients is 10% in the first month. I still have gas issues...haven't had a BM since morning of surgery and I'm worried that my urine is way to dark the past two days....I don't see how it could be dehydration cause I drink all day and night....anyone else have this issue?

I had 1 small BM and my urine is pretty dark too. Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats!

Feeling good today. Yesterday was tougher because my kids have finally shared their cold with me. I feel tired at times which I attribute to the lack of activity and the lack of calories. My goals are to get out of the house today... walk the neighborhood or just do some errands with the family. It is 20F outside, so it will be a cold walk! Pain is really minimal at this point but I still take a percocet at night with the hope that it helps me sleep sounder. The discomforts are shoulder (gas) and grumbling/tightness in my new stomach. All tolerable. I'm still amazed how quickly the body can heal.

I didn't have a pre-op diet either but started a liquid diet last Saturday. I'm down 25 in 1 week. Wow! I just hope the majority of that is not muscle mass.

Yeah, I have caught my kids stomach bug too...UGH! I am feeling pretty crappy, but hopefully it will turnaround quickly. I'm just trying to focus on getting all my liquids in. I'm hoping to get some more energy soon; having a stomach bug on top of surgery is not the best way to go.

Right now I'm drinking the adkins shakes that have 15 g of protien. I try to get at least 2 in which is still hard

I am doing gr8,, no pain, just cant sleep on flat bed yet,have to stick to the recliner. Taking the liquids well, had my leak test on 23rd and the doc said i wuld have some loose motions because of the barium given - had them today, so yes,my first bowl moment since 20th Jan.

The weight,i feel nothing has gone :( i dont have a weighing scale,will get back to work tomorrow (1st time since surgery) and weigh in there...lets see, i hope there is at least a little drop.

Question... I'm reading post op forums and seeing people are a month out and still only eating 2oz at a time. I'm 6 days out and can eat a whole chibani yogurt?? I can have a whole packet of Lipton Soup. I don't have any pain, sleeping normal, went grocery shopping, back to 90%!! Believe me I'm not complaining but wondering why I can eat so much??

I feel the same way. I can eat more than I thought in one sitting and I'm mostly back to normal. My energy level is lower though and I do get pooped out quicker. My body wants to eat normal food, just at smaller quantities. I don't suffer through Protein shakes like some people do, but having one is tough after smelling the other smells in the house from what my wife and kids have.

My NUT has me on a clear liquid and Protein supplement diet for the first 2 weeks. All I can have are things like Protein Shakes, broth, Jello, and low fat cream of veggie (broccolli, mushroom, etc) Soups. With the Soups, I have to strain out anything solid. I'm trying my hardest to keep with it when I just want to grab something small like a saltine to go with the Soup.< /p>

On another battle, I found out why my wife has been so distant with me. She is resentful that I went ahead with this surgery. She came with me to the appointments. She agreed with me on which surgery to have and we picked the date together. A few days before surgery she expressed fears... fear of the surgery, me dying on the table, me willingly cutting out a vital organ, not ever being the same again, this being too radical, should try dieting again (like I have been unsuccessfully for the past 10 years) etc. I tried reassuring her. She is now upset because I went through with it and she feels that I don't care about her opinion. I've tried telling her again that the positives outweigh the negatives for me and our family. I just got surgery and am going through a big life change. Should I be allowed to be the dramatic one for once??? :D

I had my surgery on the 21st too. I was in the hosptal until Thursday morning. No complications, I just think my doctor is very conservative. I have had no pain meds since they took the self adminstered (via IV) away first thing Wednesday morning. I am feeling good but my 'nurse' aka my husband is making sure I don't overdo. I am on Clear Liquids until tomorrow, when I start Atkins shakes, etc until I see the doctor on 2/7. I have not weighed myself yet becase they pumped me so full of fulid in the hospital. I'm doing pretty well getting all my liquids in, partly because my mouth is still dry. I'm not having any problems with wanting 'real' food.

I am looking forward to getting outside to walk (it's too cold now here in western NY) and getting back to work tomorrow (I work at home so I can rest a bit if I need to.