Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is Tue & I'm just flooded with fear. Is this right for me? Have I tried everything? Should I go to this extreme? I'm so worried about all of the post op posts I have been reading about pain & regrets. I'm 50/50 on wanting to back out, but I feel like I can't back out. Everything is done & mostly paid for & so many know. So scared this could not be right for me, but I've been so positive & head strong until now.

Hey love, just calm down and breath. This fear and second guessing your decision is normal right before surgery. I am one month out, and I had NO problems. I never used my pain pump in the hospital, didn't have gas pains I couldn't handle, and haven't had any problems since. No vomiting, nausea, sliming, BM problems...nothing. Everyone handles surgery differently, and it's not an easy thing, but every day it gets better and easier. Just remember why you chose to have the surgery and keep your focus on the end result, and I'm sure you will do great. Good luck!

It is normal to be nervous. I am 10 days out of surgery and I was a basket case before. I was so afraid of the pain and nausea (hate to get sick). I did throw up a few times in the hospital and it was not painful like I thought. A day later and at home it has been all up hill on the loosing side. My goal was 10 lbs a month. I have list 15 in 10 days. I am very happy. I told my dr going in that I didn't want morphine and as little drugs as possible. They make me nausea. So since I have been home, no medicine at all. My bp and blood sugars have been normal since the surgery. As scared as I was before, I know I have made the right choice and so glad I pushed through the nervousness. Good luck you can do this.

I understand where you're coming from. I was tempted to back out right up to the point where they knocked me out for surgery. I just kept reminding myself of all the positive things that were said by the people on this board, in youtube videos and the people I talked with in person. No matter what they had to go through, they all said they would do it all over again. I'm in that crowd too.

I think that everyone that gets this surgery goes through these feelings you are making a life altering decision. For me I just kept reminding myself the risks vs. the benefits and that helped me get threw the anxiety. Another thing to think about is when you are reading the post op posts about people who had problems, remember people who had perfectly normal post op experiences aren't as likely to post because they don't need any reassurance that things are going to get better. Good Luck.

It's a very personal decision, one that only you can make. Listen to your gut. Statistically, the outcomes are good, it just boils downn to your risk tolerance. I wish you the best of luck, regardless of your decision.

I'm in the same boat as you. Tomorrow is my surgery as you put it I'm a basket case also. I just broke down this morning. Like omg should I do this, have I tried all diets have I done all that I can do? Is this really the solution? But I think we all go through this emotion. I'm excited and nervous and scared all at the same time. But I'm hoping for the best. At this point in the game I can't back out. Gonna say a prayer tonight and just go for it. Going to put in god's hands

I feel the same way. I go in on 1/23/13 and I am terrified now! ESP after reading about bowel trouble (diarrhea) ... Sounds crazy but is a big fear of mine to not make it to the restroom. I've been on the verge of tears several times.

my personal opinion is that if you didnt have some sort of second guessing that would be not normal. this is a huge decision and only one that you can make for yourself. i was so excited for surgery up until 2 days before and then it turned to fear, scared, excited, emotional, every emotion in the book i was feeling. partially because i have a 2 year old. i was so scared that i would be leaving her without a mommy. but looking back (surgery was 12/10) i was lucky and had no complications, other than some nausea right after surgery and my tummy swelled and i had to stay in the hospital for an extra day. im now down 24lbs since surgery, 57 total and i couldnt be happier. i am on foods now and learning what i can and cant eat. its been great.

you definitely have to do what is right for you and no one can figure that out except for you.

but i can guarantee that almost everyone on this board has second guessed themselves prior to surgery and had the "can i lose the weight without surgery?". my opinion is yes you probably can, but will it stay off? that is where i always went arye.

good luck in your soul searching!

My surgery is Tue & I'm just flooded with fear. Is this right for me? Have I tried everything? Should I go to this extreme? I'm so worried about all of the post op posts I have been reading about pain & regrets. I'm 50/50 on wanting to back out' date=' but I feel like I can't back out. Everything is done & mostly paid for & so many know. So scared this could not be right for me, but I've been so positive & head strong until now.[/quote']

I literally could have written your post. My surgery is on Wednesday and I have been so excited up until today. I have 3 little ones and I am so scared that something bad is going to happen to me. I am freaking out a little bit and now I am second guessing everything! :(

It must be normal......it is scary to turn yourself over to medical people. remember why you are doing this. how many times you have tried to lose weight. relax and good luck

I had my surgery December 18. I was so anxious I took a Xanax! But I can tell you now that I had nothing to worry about! Everything went well. I had no pain, just discomfort which was no big deal. I rested at home for a day. After that, I was fine. I never threw up. No nausea. Incisions healed normally. Diabetes disappeared! I've lost 54 pounds in a month and I couldn't be happier!

I'm right there with you mommyof3. My surgery is Wed too. I'm really scared too. My surgeon is calling me tomorrow to talk to me about a couple of concerns I have. I even went through the pros and cons. The pros defiantly out number the cons. So I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go for it!!!