Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Houston, Tx Surgeons- Help please!

Im located in beaumont texas but im willing and wanting to get my surgery in houston.

I have BCBS ins. but im near positive my plan does not cover bariatric surgery.

I am ready to do self pay with cash.

Please help me find a surgeon near houston who is reasonable with price and is great!

Any advice will help! Thank you!!

Was self-pay, but I had revision surgery....I went through Texas Laparscopic Associates (TLC) Dr. Sherman Yu....he also does the single-incision if you are willing to pay the extra money for it....but him and Dr. Scarbrough specializes in Lap procedures...

They are awesome and the staff is very supportive before-during-after the process

I used Dr. Alanis. He has offices in Houston and League City. What I like about him is that his staff works super hard to tackle your insurance hurdles for you. I didn't have to do much of anything other than go to my nutritional classes. But they made all those back and forth phone calls for me.

But if you're paying cash I guess that's really not an issue for you. I did really like him and most of his staff. There is one that's kinda bitchy but I didn't need her for anything so who cares.

Dr Sherman Yu of TLC is amazing!! Look him up on youtube. He did my sleeve and I have no complications like I hear from so many people on here with other surgeons. He knows what he is doing and is goes all around the world teaching other surgeons on the latest technology for vsg. I am so glad I went with him.

Dr. Worley at Methodist Willowbrook is absolutely AMAZING!! I can't say anything bad about him, and awesome bedside manner and very thorough! He leaves no stone unturned!

Dr. Richard Collier is wonderful! His team is so nice and he was so informative in out first doctor visit! He went through every single step of the procedure! I was in there for 2 hrs with him he was not rushing or leaving anything out! He's great and offers financing if your cash pay!

Dr. Richard Collier is wonderful! His team is so nice and he was so informative in out first doctor visit! He went through every single step of the procedure! I was in there for 2 hrs with him he was not rushing or leaving anything out! He's great and offers financing if your cash pay!

I am from Houstand I am self pasy also. I am going to Mexico to have my surgery. With surgery and 2 airplane tickets I am paying $5200. I am using Dr. Fernando Garcia in Tijuana. Have you considered that? I just started the process and I already have a date for March 23.

Dr brian mcdaniel here in victoria texas is the bestttt!!!!!!his practice is called better life bariatrics 361-574-1888..we are only 100 miles away from houston too :-)

I was sleeved by Dr. Sherman Yu in Houston on 11/21/12 with the single incision procedure. Couldn't be happier with the results and the staff. I see him tomorrow for a follow up visit. I was self pay.

how much did yall pay for dr. yu?! my insurance wont cover so its coming out of my pocket. ive researched and it seems dr yu is very popular

how much did yall pay for dr. yu?! my insurance wont cover so its coming out of my pocket. ive researched and it seems dr yu is very popular

Hello! I did not use doctor yu, but I used doctor Richard collier in Conroe! He was amazing! I was self pay also! For self pay patients paying cash is 12k and that includes everything, hospital stay ect. He also officers financing but it is 13k if you finance. He has the nicest and sweeting team of staff ever and he is so well mannered and informative. My first appointment with him lasted two hrs and he went through the whole procedure step by step!! You should really look him up! I was up walking hrs after surgery! Also he has done over 10 thousand procedures and never had a death or even a leak!!! If you have any questions feel free to message me!

When I first called Dr Yu's office, they gave me a self-pay price for the VSG, and I believe it was about $14,700. However, Dr Yu diagnosed me as having a Hiatal hernia. I had the VSG and hernia repair at the same time. The hernia was covered by my insurance, so my cost for the VSG was $10,500. I believe the savings was because the hospital stay was covered by insurance. Hope this helps. Good luck.

So I sent you a message and didn't see this second page!! I am glad you found someone and all went well :)