Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone going to Mount Auburn Hospital? Or from MA maybe?

I'm getting closer and closer to getting a date, and thought it'd be nice to connect with any other folks out there in Massachusetts.

Anyone going to Mt. Auburn in particular? How's your experience been, pre or post-op?

We need more New Englanders on here wicked bad! tee hee

Hi,

I am from MA. Had my surgery on 11/28/12 @ Mass General. I am sure Mt. Aubrun will be great! I am only 7 weeks post op but happy to answer any questions you might have or just offer general support!! Where in MA are you? I live in Marlborough and work in Charlestown. There have to be more of us here!!

Hi Michelle,

Nice to meet you here! Thanks for reaching out. I hope all is going well for you so far in post-op! I live in Winchester and work in Brighton. I see a lot of people from the south and west on here, but not many of us NE folk...hmmphh. We're lucky to have Boston though which has a lot of good medical centers that do the sleeve. I can't wait for mine! Thanks again for the support :)

I'm scheduled for surgery feb 4 at Emerson in Concord. If you look in the support group section of the forums, there is a boston thread. It's not very active tho'.

Hi' date='

I am from MA. Had my surgery on 11/28/12 @ Mass General. I am sure Mt. Aubrun will be great! I am only 7 weeks post op but happy to answer any questions you might have or just offer general support!! Where in MA are you? I live in Marlborough and work in Charlestown. There have to be more of us here!! [/quote']

Hi Michelle, I'm in Hudson. Have you found a good local place to buy Protein products? I start my preop on Monday.

Hi RedCardinal,

What kind of products are you looking for? After surgery while on the full liquid diet all I could tolerate was the Carnation instant Breakfast with skim milk, the Protein shakes did not agree with me, but everyone is different. Do you have your Vitamins already?

No vitarins per say, I picked up some flintstones chewables. I was looking for some good pre-mixed Protein.

Ann

I have the Flinstones too, not my favorite but I just deal with it. I did not find anything good as far as Protein is concerned. The shakes I loved pre op but post op not so much. I did get some mix from GNC but it was horrible, so don't do that!! Most important after surgery is staying hydrated so whatever liquid you can tolerate will be your best friend. Once you get to smooshy (that is the technical term LOL) food then you have more flexibility.

I'm in stoneham. Had my surgery on the 22nd at winchester hospital.

I'm in stoneham. Had my surgery on the 22nd at winchester hospital.

Hi Steph! That's great! I live in Winchester, and I had my surgery on 4/22 also. Small world. How's it going for you so far?

The first few days were rough for me, but I seem to be feeling a bit better each day. For now the biggest challenge is getting enough liquids and Protein in. It's like a full time job!

Btw, my sister is thinking about going to Winchester Hospital for VSG. Do you like the team there?

I hope you're doing well, and it's good to hear from a local! :)

Hi! Where did you have your surgery done? I'm doing good. Struggling with the same thing. So ready to start soft foods! !! Who was your surgeon? I used Dr. Sandor. I had a wonderful eXperience at winchester. No complaints at all.

::waves from the SouthCoast of MA::

00000009.gif

I'm down heah in New Behfid, the "ahmpit of Cape Cawd", will be having my sleeve done at Tobey Hospital in Wareham. As of yet, I'm still in the pre-op stages, getting my NUT appointment and a couple of others squared away in May. Most of my worries are about possible complications and recovery from the surgery; afterwards I know they'll shift to getting enough Water and Protein as I heal.

Nice to see so many lovely ladies from the Bay State; wicked awesome!

Hi! Where did you have your surgery done? I'm doing good. Struggling with the same thing. So ready to start soft foods! !! Who was your surgeon? I used Dr. Sandor. I had a wonderful eXperience at winchester. No complaints at all.

Glad you're well! I cannot wait to start soft foods either!!! So sick of sweet shakes! We're almost there though. I had my surgery at Mt Auburn by Dr. Kim. Really great staff there also. The actual wt mgmt center is in Waltham, so that's good for all my f/u appts. Great to hear that WH is going great for you. I'll have to tell my sis!

::waves from the SouthCoast of MA::

I'm down heah in New Behfid, the "ahmpit of Cape Cawd",

OMG I love this. Hahaa! Good to find you here too! There's not a whole lot of New Englanders on here.

For me, I feel like all the anxiety before the surgery was worse than the surgery itself!! You will be so relieved once it's done. The first few days aren't "great"...but they're doable. You'll be surprised by how strong you really are, and how you'll naturally step up to the challenge. But after that, I can honestly say it gets better with each day! Sipping does become your full time job while in recovery...but I just come on here to pass the time as I sip! lol