Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a day short of three weeks post op I am haveing issues with eating im not sure if it is reflux but while I eat if feels like a forceful reflux. Like food or air is coming up like my esophagus is gonna bust. Its the worse I have pretty much gone back to liquids :(

I was having a problem with ruflux untill my dr perscribed me 40 mg of nexium. I feel soo much better except when eating the feeling continues.

Has anyone experienced this. Is it reflux or tummy tolerance.

Please advise me

What are you eating?

I recommend calling and discussing with the Dr.

My program recommended going back to the previous stage of my diet if I experienced any issues then waiting three days before trying again. I do know that in the first few weeks I had to eat very small bites (I used a baby spoon and a demitasse spoon) and I had to chew 30 seconds and wait another 30 seconds before the next bite. If I didn't, I felt pain and pressure.

Lynda

Besides that I tried tuna, baby food squash n carrots pears and apple sauce. I pureed lima bean Soup. Blended Protein shake. I even hurt when I drink cranberry juice.

Fyi: I just had some chicken noodle Soup I only ate the broth carrot and chewed up chicken and I threw up for the first time since being sleeved. Last nite I ate chicken noodle soup it hurt but not as bad as other food. idk why I threw up.

My doctor at 3 weeks out had me on only Full liquid diet not moving to pureed until week 4. Try doing only Full liquid and let you self heal.

Week 1 - Clear Liquid

Week 2 and 3 - Full Liquid

Week 4 and 5 - Pureed

Week 6 - Soft foods

Tomorrow I should be starting stage 4 but that will not be happening. :( miserable to go back.

I would definitely call your dr. In the interm probably go back to liquids or full liquids. Do those bother you at all? I would also focus on Water so you don't dehydrate.

But definitely give your dr a call.

you could be regurgitating...does fluids come up efffortlessly? not vomiting-this feeling is different. is your sleeve on the smaller side? just some ideas...first check in with your doctor. endoscopy can rule out stenosis. hang in there!!! i know it is an awful feeling.

you could be regurgitating...does fluids come up efffortlessly? not vomiting-this feeling is different. is your sleeve on the smaller side? just some ideas...first check in with your doctor. endoscopy can rule out stenosis. hang in there!!! i know it is an awful feeling.

Did u experience this

i had major complications - sleeved 7-24-12. spent 38 days in the hosp. i am currently waiting for a NJ tube or a jeujostomy tube surgically placed again. i "urp" up enough of what i try to take in so i am malnourished. usually with whatever i try to get down. sometimes a leak manifests with problems keeping anything down. watch for fever of course. regurgitation is an effortless process usually not accompanied by pain, nausea or bile. the fullness you are feeling should be checked out though. no reason not to....i want you to feel better!!!!! keep us posted!!!!

When I threw up it was sudden. My body didnt for warn me in anyway. It was onlt broth from chicken noodle Soup. But anytime I eat anything it hurts feels like a burp with no way out. I had been calling my dr. all last week and he finally perscrobed me nexium. But it didnt help the pain while eating

Now im very naseous :( I regret this