Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on Day 9 of Pre Op diet, I still get hungry and it is still hard. I think it is both physical and mental. The not chewing part is weird to me. I guess because I am so used to chewing it feels weird not to chew. I feel different. I think your body goes into some sort of weird place after 9 days of no real food:). My job is ordering BBQ take out today since it's payday. I'm usually the first one to place an order and when I declined, people asked was I OK? LOL. Little do they know!!! Went to Pre-op appt yesterday lost 7 lbs in a week. March 13 can't come soon enough. I also get gas easier now. I have heard ppl are very gasey after being sleeved. Do you think the pre-op diet has anything to do with the gas? Good luck to everyone being sleeved today and speedy recovery to all March sleevers!!

I just found out I have to be at the hospital at 6 am tomorrow! I'm the first case, and surgery is at 7:30! WOW!

Good luck! It's nice to be first. Best wishes for a complication-free surgery and quick recovery!

Im not on a liquid diet, its just high Protein low carbs. I cheated ONE time a few days ago but I had lost since then and it was VERY small amount. I decided for these last few days I am just going to do clear liquid and hope it gets me where I need to be by Tuesday.

I'm on a liquid diet (600 - 800 cal and 80 grams protein and I've lost 5 pounds in a week but hit a stall as well. Its so frustrating that you aren't eating and STILL not loosing. Good luck to you.

I'm on a liquid diet (600 - 800 cal and 80 grams Protein and I've lost 5 pounds in a week but hit a stall as well. Its so frustrating that you aren't eating and STILL not loosing. Good luck to you.

I think a lot of the protein powders lack Fiber so that may be why the stall. I add my Body by Vi weight management powder in with my other Protein Powder to give it the missing fiber in addition to adding a little bit more protein to the shake. I've lost 5 lbs since Wed. Oh and got my PCP to scribe me Xanax b/c I'm a nervous wreck! Tuesday can't come soon enough! Think i'll go fake bake...lol...it's 50 in Fla today. A tan always makes me feel better! Hugs & prayers to everyone going through this new journey!

~Sarah

I wil be sleeved on march 19th i also have the band in place now but did not work good for me wish u all the best and soon we will all have r own success story to tell

I wil be sleeved on march 19th i also have the band in place now but did not work good for me wish u all the best and soon we will all have r own success story to tell

Band2sleeve Sisters! Best wishes!

Heya I'm a band to sleeve convert too :D

So happy to have a second bite at the cherry.

gilx

My surgery date is March 18th and I am uber excited!! I hope to lose around... ummm 140 pounds over time.. I am confident i can do it this time. I've got a great support system, on and off line, you can do it!!

I think a lot of the Protein powders lack fiber so that may be why the stall. I add my Body by Vi weight management powder in with my other protein powder to give it the missing fiber in addition to adding a little bit more protein to the shake. I've lost 5 lbs since Wed. Oh and got my PCP to scribe me Xanax b/c I'm a nervous wreck! Tuesday can't come soon enough! Think i'll go fake bake...lol...it's 50 in Fla today. A tan always makes me feel better! Hugs & prayers to everyone going through this new journey!

~Sarah

Update-70 & sunny this afternoon..got my H2O & my Xanax on soakin up the rays! Life is good! My next life starts Wed on surgery day! Hope all those sleeved today made it through ok! Sending you all sunshine!

Im not on a liquid diet' date=' its just high Protein low carbs. I cheated ONE time a few days ago but I had lost since then and it was VERY small amount. I decided for these last few days I am just going to do clear liquid and hope it gets me where I need to be by Tuesday.[/quote']

You can do it!

Just a suggestion to the pre op liquid dieters... my nut told me I could chew sugar free gum (no swallowing).

I can also have ice and sf popsicles... those *could* be chewed I suppose

what does the pain feel like? ... c section ..gall bladder remove al?

I had a c section 3 years ago a full hysterectomy a year ago and this pain is just different and it isn't as bad at al!!!!!! And this coming from a complete baby!!!! My pain was intense but I think I was all gas pain. Something I didn't have with other surgeries. Also my nurse was not on top of getting my pain meds. I should have been every 6 hours and I was lucky to get them every 7-8. Good luck