Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is next Monday and I feel the same way! WTH am I doing??? Will it really work?

So I'm not the only one lol but thing for sure it will Definitely work! Ugggg we can do it:-)

Doubts are normal. You're going to make a huge change to your body. I have yet to meet anyone that has regretted making this choice' date=' except for the less common cases of extreme complications. And even then, most people who had complications say they'd do it over again.

You will be just fine. Believe in your heart and your strength.

And good luck on Monday! You'll be in our thoughts.[/quote']

Thank you so much :-)

Ugh even though I want to do this soooo bad! I'm to scared to follow through' date=' specially with the lack of support. My date is march 25 but I'm seriously doubting ill make it to Mexico. Is just so scary for me[/quote']

It is scary! It took me a week to actually call in my deposit. Then another week or more to book plane. I just keep thinking how much happier and better off I will be. I don't have much of a support team here either. Actually it's one of the reasons I haven't told many people. I don't need the negative energy and doubt. I think you will be fine. BUT you know what's best for you. I'm 29th of march with Garcia. I wish you the best. I am feeling a little more at ease though now.

Good Morning' date='heading to the airport this is it,,,,March 4th.this was a year wait,waiting on....[/quote']

Have a safe trip! Keep us posted. We r both march 4 say a pray for me and I'll say one for u:-)

Good Morning' date='heading to the airport this is it,,,,March 4th.this was a year wait,waiting on....[/quote']

Congrats leo! My prayers are with you. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Please check in when you can.

Starting my liquid diet on the 5th. Not having doubts about the surgery per se but in myself and keeping to the dietary requirements.

I'm not sure about every one else but for me it was the price. I tried going thru my insurance but my employer specifically opted to not cover anything to do with weight loss so I started researching places I could get it done here in the good old US of A and well the least expensive place I found that didn't involve me being a test patient was Las Vegas for 10400 so then I started looking into Mexico and found out that most doctors out their have been doing the sleeve longer then most US doctors OR where trained out her in the US so they are just as good as a US doctor and most I found are only 4500-6500 and that's usually an out the door price including 1 night b4 surgery in a hotel 2 night at the hospital after surgery and 2 nights after your hospital stay in a hotel of course u still have to add airfare

Is it easier? Well it's the same process for both the Mexico place I'm getting it done at and the Las Vegas place. I guess as long as you show them the money you can get your sleeve' date=' what I'm trying to say is you don't have to jump thru hoops and go to classes and what not just to see if your a candidate

[/quote']

Well I'm lucky my insurance is paying for it so I get to have it in my home town. But they told me I will be coming home with a drain tube for at least a week so I just didn't know I how that worked in Mexico. I start my pre-op liquid diet on the 4th and my appt with surgeon on the 6th surgery on 18th. I'm am getting so excited but I think my family is sick of hearing about it.

I am still completely unsure about this surgery. My BMI is or was 37. I am 42 will be 43 in April. When I started this is was 223 which was my highest weight. And for the past 10 years I haven't gotten below 200. I am 5'5". Today I weigh 208. I would like to weigh 135 and don't think I will ever get there without the surgery. I do have a large hiatial hernia which is also going to be repaired. The main co-morbidity that I have that qualified me for the surgery was sleep apnea which I just found in January and even though I got the cpap, haven't slept with it yet. I have three friends who had the sleeve and are one to two years out and would do it again in a heart beat. I am just petrified of developing another problem as a result of the surgery. My husband is supportive but scared too. I don't have a preop diet since my bmi is low. Protein Shakes make me gag and I am hoping the crystal light with unflavored Protein Powder will be tolerable. No matter what doctor still wants to fix hernia since it is so large and he says why not lose some weight in the process. I am having it done on March 12th.....that is if I don't chicken out.

I am still completely unsure about this surgery. My BMI is or was 37. I am 42 will be 43 in April. When I started this is was 223 which was my highest weight. And for the past 10 years I haven't gotten below 200. I am 5'5". Today I weigh 208. I would like to weigh 135 and don't think I will ever get there without the surgery. I do have a large hiatial hernia which is also going to be repaired. The main co-morbidity that I have that qualified me for the surgery was sleep apnea which I just found in January and even though I got the cpap' date=' haven't slept with it yet. I have three friends who had the sleeve and are one to two years out and would do it again in a heart beat. I am just petrified of developing another problem as a result of the surgery. My husband is supportive but scared too. I don't have a preop diet since my bmi is low. Protein shakes make me gag and I am hoping the crystal light with unflavored Protein Powder will be tolerable. No matter what doctor still wants to fix hernia since it is so large and he says why not lose some weight in the process. I am having it done on March 12th.....that is if I don't chicken out.[/quote']

Malexa, we are surgery buddies! :) I am 29, 5'5, 257 lbs last time I checked, BMI of 40. I have knee problems but no other comorbidities though I am at real risk of developing some (diabetes & hypothyroidism to start). I have 2 little boys. I too am scared. My husband is scared also. I think the fears are a natural part of the process when grappling with such a big decision that will inevitably change your life and in some says the lives of those closest to you. My husband, surgeon, and friends who've had WLS all tell me that if I wasn't experiencing the occassional doubt they'd be concerned about me. I just keep reminding myself of the low risks and all the things I've got to live for that I'm not experiencing now because my weight is literally holding me back. Be realistic, be educated, but also be positive - that's my own little nugget of advice. Feel free to message me anytime! I'd love to keep in contract as we movie forward together.

Thanks to everyone for your support. You are all right. He should support me as a friend . And I need to do what's best for my health. Halving the surgery is the right choice for me. There is nothing "unnatural " about the surgery. People have surgery for lots of reasons. He is tall and slim and doesn't understand what it's like to be overweight and feel like crap because of it. Thank you again! I'm praying for everyone's safe surgeries!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Ok...so here I sit at the airport waiting to board my flight to Las Vegas. Pre-op tomorrow surgery Tuesday. I am experiencing some anxiety but I have it under control. I am on day 12 of my pre-op diet and have lost 13 pounds. Interesting those all came off in the first 7days and nothing for the last 5.

Pre-op tomorrow, surgery on Tuesday. I'm so nauseated I can't stomach another Protein Drink or any other form of liquid, anyone else feeling this way?

Pre-op tomorrow' date=' surgery on Tuesday. I'm so nauseated I can't stomach another Protein drink or any other form of liquid, anyone else feeling this way?[/quote']

On the bright side I've lost 18.4 pounds

Ok...so here I sit at the airport waiting to board my flight to Las Vegas. Pre-op tomorrow surgery Tuesday. I am experiencing some anxiety but I have it under control. I am on day 12 of my pre-op diet and have lost 13 pounds. Interesting those all came off in the first 7days and nothing for the last 5.

Stress can definitely play into our weight loss. Take deep breaths and think positively. You're doing this for lots of good, healthy reasons. There are risks to our life and well being from the moment we are born till the moment we die. Yes, there are risks involved with surgery but the cost of health is worth almost any price, don't you think? You've got this in the bag! :)

Hey everyone.. March 1st sleeved here! That's right I'm on the sleeved side! First day or so was very difficult with gas pains but I am feeling much better this morning sipping on Gatorade. :)!