Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEVER eating a french fry again!

Before you flame me as a policer, please consider the following response with delicacy: why play with fire by eating a fry? Same goes for any old vice like ice cream, pie, cake or whatever before reaching goal ( or maybe even after goal).

We got the sleeve to be reborn as individuals and to be the best we can be. we can start by following the dr's and nut's orders/guidance. That is, we try and eat clean according to phases, stay hydrated and exercise to be the healthiest we can be. Please think 2x about putting that fry in your mouth or anything that your dr/nut says you should not have. The dr gives you orders for your safety and the nut gives you guidance for your healthy well being.

losing your stomach is a life changing stress, up there with losing a loved one, getting married or getting a divorce. You do not want to jeopardize the ability to form good life goals during the first 6 months and be all you can be. Now I have had a mistake with taking too much pain meds, but I have learned through an ordeal with addiction to meds not to food.

I do not want to come along as a policer or enforcer, but just want to remind you of why we did this: to be shining examples for others around us and ourselves. Ultimately, we will make the world a better place by being role models of discipline and excellence. We will slowly make this world a better place, one individual at a time, one community at a time.

Please consider this perspective with kindness and wanting the best for everyone. I am walking the talk by losing 130 lb in last 6 months and being able to run a fast 5 k in 28 min (going to do my first compete in a couple months). I hope to use the process as an example to new sleevers or anyone else that wants to be the best they can be. We will all be winners.

Before you flame me as a policer' date=' please consider the following response with delicacy: why play with fire by eating a fry? Same goes for any old vice like ice cream, pie, cake or whatever before reaching goal ( or maybe even after goal).

We got the sleeve to be reborn as individuals and to be the best we can be. we can start by following the dr's and nut's orders/guidance. That is, we try and eat clean according to phases, stay hydrated and exercise to be the healthiest we can be. Please think 2x about putting that fry in your mouth or anything that your dr/nut says you should not have. The dr gives you orders for your safety and the nut gives you guidance for your healthy well being.

losing your stomach is a life changing stress, up there with losing a loved one, getting married or getting a divorce. You do not want to jeopardize the ability to form good life goals during the first 6 months and be all you can be. Now I have had a mistake with taking too much pain meds, but I have learned through an ordeal with addiction to meds not to food.

I do not want to come along as a policer or enforcer, but just want to remind you of why we did this: to be shining examples for others around us and ourselves. Ultimately, we will make the world a better place by being role models of discipline and excellence. We will slowly make this world a better place, one individual at a time, one community at a time.

Please consider this perspective with kindness and wanting the best for everyone. I am walking the talk by losing 130 lb in last 6 months and being able to run a fast 5 k in 28 min (going to do my first compete in a couple months). I hope to use the process as an example to new sleevers or anyone else that wants to be the best they can be. We will all be winners.[/quote']

We shouldn't have to diet the rest of our lives, it really does not hurt to have something like that every once in awhile, just don't make it a habit. We all had the surgery because we obviously aren't successful with dieting so why diet the rest of our lives? I can see it being a problem if someone is eating this stuff constantly, but we're not. I've been dieting and doing everything right for 6 months now, and have lost almost 100lbs, if once a month I want to enjoy something delicious I should be able to.

Before you flame me as a policer, please consider the following response with delicacy: why play with fire by eating a fry? Same goes for any old vice like ice cream, pie, cake or whatever before reaching goal ( or maybe even after goal).

Please consider this perspective with kindness and wanting the best for everyone. I am walking the talk by losing 130 lb in last 6 months and being able to run a fast 5 k in 28 min (going to do my first compete in a couple months). I hope to use the process as an example to new sleevers or anyone else that wants to be the best they can be. We will all be winners.

I can totally appreciate your perspective but I didn't have surgery in hopes that I would NEVER eat non nutritional food ever again!!! My objective was to develop a healthier relationship with food. It's been a process, but I believe I've done that. I believe it's "normal" for ALL people to indulge every now and then. It's also "normal" to overeat now and then.

I'll also add this....food addiction is unlike any other type of addiction where you are required to abstain from your vice. I think the goal here, for most of us, is to change our relationship with food and this may mean something different for everyone.

:)

Unfortunately (or not) I have been able to eat anything..2 wks out. No throw up' date=' no pain. I did have about 4 of my sons. I had that they tasted good. I also had a cheeseburger (no bun). I almost ate the whole thing.I sometimes wish i couldn't eat that stuff![/quote']

I can relate. I made a big unhealthy spread for New Year's Eve, lots of fried stuff, our traditional fare. I tasted a little of a lot of it with no problems, if I ate slow. But that just derails my progress, and I didn't have surgery to not lose!

I have to say I do agree that we nees fo watch what we eat but may indulge every now and then. I am disappointed in myself tonight after weighing in at my Weight Watchers meeting and seeing that I GAINED .4 pounds. I feel like a failure because I'm only 5 weeks out. It's gotta be the carbs or something that I've been trying this week since starting solids. I just never thought I would gain at all for a very very long time.

We were on a long journey in the car and stopped off for a McDonalds for the kids. I had half of a chicken mayo and was as sick as a dog all the way home. I thought it was the bread to be honest...never again though.

And for those who start their sentence 'I'm not the food police, but...' Just don't!! Every single person here knows what they should eat and drink, That's the beauty about this surgery, you find out what works for YOU.

See "hot chip hangover" my thread on the EXACT same thing. So not worth it.

Before you flame me as a policer' date=' please consider the following response with delicacy: why play with fire by eating a fry? Same goes for any old vice like ice cream, pie, cake or whatever before reaching goal ( or maybe even after goal).

Please consider this perspective with kindness and wanting the best for everyone. I am walking the talk by losing 130 lb in last 6 months and being able to run a fast 5 k in 28 min (going to do my first compete in a couple months). I hope to use the process as an example to new sleevers or anyone else that wants to be the best they can be. We will all be winners.[/quote']

That may be why you did it. But I did it for limitations and restriction. I will not live a life where I cant enjoy an ice cream cone with my daughter every now and then....or have nachos at my sons football game. My sleeve will not run my life it will help me enjoy my life.

This is really a polarizing topic. I did not mean it to be like that, but instead wanted to help people who are looking for some motivation around the sleeve journey. My apologies to those that got offended. The main reason I shared it is because I used to have such a problem with food and was definitely an emotional eater. I buried my feelings in food where any foods like fries, Cookies, donuts, cake etc were a problem. I am not a moderation person and need to do everything either in full or not at all. I know it is not the best approach to a well rounded lifestyle, but it does help me succeed in my goals. I hope that helps clarify why I put these statements above. I want the best for everyone.

You don't realize the junk they sell at the fast food places till you cut them out of your life. I have only ate a Mc Donalds maybe 2 times in the past 2 years. Every time I do, I say never again. I use to eat there every day for years. It had to be McDonald's too no other fast food. I have wised up and realize that all they sell is processed science projects. They use rancid oils which is why it's hard on digestion. I have no problem if I fry fish in coconut oil my stomach feels fine.

You don't realize the junk they sell at the fast food places till you cut them out of your life. I have only ate a Mc Donalds maybe 2 times in the past 2 years. Every time I do, I say never again. I use to eat there every day for years. It had to be McDonald's too no other fast food. I have wised up and realize that all they sell is processed science projects. They use rancid oils which is why it's hard on digestion. I have no problem if I fry fish in coconut oil my stomach feels fine.

Mmmm, fish in coconut oil! I have both at home.

You are right about McDonald's and I'm sure it true for most of them. If I must have a hamburger or fries, I make my own versions at home. I've got healthier recipes for everything from hot wings to pizza.

Have you seen the ingredients for that craptacular sandwich the McRib? Half it it isn't even food. McNuggets are a nightmare. My usual was 10 McNugguts, 1 cheeseburger or Filet O'Fish and a large fry. GAH!

Fiddleman, I've turned into a bit of a health fanatic, but I still occasionally grab a few potato chips or have a bite or two of pie. I guess I can trust myself because it IS only a bite and a few. If you cannot do this then I would agree that total abstinence would be the answer.

That's so funny I have not had ANY adverse reactions to any kinds of food. I have gotten the slimes for eating too fast and I get heartburn often but I always had that anyway. I was kind of hoping for some operant conditioning like this to go on for me but it's just not. Seems to me that the more operant conditioning you can get in while the surgery is still fresh the better it will be long term... psychologically speaking.

I've had a fry here and there (never was my thing before surgery anyhow) but they tasted just as good, went down just as smooth and after 1" of fry my craving was satisfied and that was the end of that. The things I am avoiding like the plague though are breads!! I tried to eat a bite of a whole wheat pancake and the sucker stuck so hard right next to my heart it felt like I was going to have to shove a finger down my throat to make myself throw up and alleviate the pressure!!

Question: should we be limiting our carb intake at all after surgery? Has anyone noticed problems with eating carbs after? Just wondering if that's the culprit of my weight gain last week. I do know that I get very full very fast when I do consume carbs, and do get a sickly feeling. It may just be me. We're all different.

Yes, my surgeon and NUT say between 20-40 carbs a day is the target. No juices, no simple carbs at all. Only carbs I can consume are from fruits and veggies directly.

Question: should we be limiting our carb intake at all after surgery? Has anyone noticed problems with eating carbs after? Just wondering if that's the culprit of my weight gain last week. I do know that I get very full very fast when I do consume carbs' date=' and do get a sickly feeling. It may just be me. We're all different.[/quote']

Yes, I was told by doctor to eliminate carbs completely. There are some foods that have a few grams, but I always think of carbs as something I can't have at all that way I get VERY little. If you able to get in your liquid, get those 64oz in to assist with your weight loss. Also, there could be a difference in scales, I'm going to assume you just started WW. A any rate I'm sure in the next week or two those four pounds plus more will have melted away.