Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not doing well at all!

Going through a bad break with a man who didn't want me to have the surgery. I smoked a cigarette today and now I want a pack.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using VST

Hi there so sorry about what you're going through, whatever you do DON'T GIVE IN TO THE PACK, I can't imagine how you're feeling but things will get better. I'll be praying for you.

Don't do it!! Step away from the ciggies and go punch a pillow or do some kickboxing to get out your feelings. Stay strong girl!!

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Yes you did get dealt a rotten piece of luck. Someday he will see you and realize what he lost out on. But, please don't give into smoking. All the good you have done for your body, shouldn't be tarnished by that habit. Don't let the smoking become your addiction nor let food. Come here and we have support and encouragment to give. Just remember that God will not give you what you cannot handle.

How far out r you? I am not sure which is the lesser of the two to eat or to smoke? But i been there just try to be strong and do not cave into either its only a temporary feel good. Instead go to the gym and take out ur anger, sadness, and anything else left behind and hit that boxing bag kick too till u feel better. And u get a great workout.

Hope u feel better soon keep ur head up

I was sleeved on August 9 and I am down 107 pds. Trying to keep my head up and think about all the good things that have come out of this surgery. :/

i am 5 weeks post op ..had my surgery dec8...one of the requirements for me to have the surgery was for me to quit smoking ...ive smoked a pack a day for over 20 yrs....the surgery was far more important to me ,,, so i got put on chantix...only took chantix a week and quit smokin all together !!! its been about 9 weeks since i had a cig!!i feel so proud of myself for not smoking AND following thru with my dreams of having this surgery!!!

as far as this man you were seeing .......get over it !!!Apparantly he must have some control issues and maybe has a hangup of u gettin thinner and sexier and guys looking at you differently. forget about him!!!! Focus on you!!!!! if he truly loved you, he would love you regardless! Sounds like he is only thinkin of himself ....so its a GOOD thing you left him...just please dont take him back!!!

once you start taking care of yourself, you will have the confidence and self esteem to do anything!!! the guy you broke up with,believe me , is not the last guy on this earth and probably not the last guy in your life . YOU deserve better!!!! Focus on other things, good things, to erase all the crap from your mind !!!You can do it , girl!!!:) having this surgery is the best feeling you can have !!Hang in there and i will pray for you ! :)

I'm sorry about what you are going through. You have done a great job thus far. I agree to try Zumba or working out as it help you to feel good.

You are already strong and full of Courage!

You can do it!

Keep your head up!

Don't let that man have so much control over you and your emotions!

Going through a bad break with a man who didn't want me to have the surgery. I smoked a cigarette today and now I want a pack.

Its his loss and insecurity ... You shouldn't smoke no good for you

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Please, don't put that POISON or any other into your body!! This surgery is your last ditch effort to get healthy and be a better you, and I applaud you for being so brave and thinking about yourself instead of him. If he was too much of an ahole to love and respect you for doing something so beautiful for yourself, he's DEFINATELY not worth you self destructing. You don't want to look back on your life and remember when a loser left your side because you wanted to take care of you, and you self destructed. :(

I watched my grandpa die of lung cancer a few years ago. He couldn't walk 2 yards to his closet without turning purple and coughing up blood into his Kleenex. He died 3 weeks after that visit.

No man is worth that, damn sure not a selfish insecure manchild.

Honey, a real man would be proud of you. He'd hug you when you return alive. He'd stand by you every minute of your journey. I understand you're hurting because he left, and because he wasn't that man. That man is out there somewhere, waiting to meet this confident, healthy, strong partner. . Don't mourn him, Celebrate the fact that you can now move on and do better.