Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ November Chat

I'm starting to wonder if I'm overfilled. I had my fill on Friday and I'm still struggling. I have to take small sips of Water and am pretty much stuck with liquids. Is that normal? I'm not sure since my previous fills didn't really do much.

Wow, reading about you guys being TOO full makes me feel pretty lucky despite knowing I could use some more restriction. Is it wrong that I wish I knew what being seriously restricted feels like?

I just called my doctor for an unfill. He's supposed to call me back to see when he can fit me in. I can't even drink Water, it comes right back up.

I'm very discouraged. I'm down about 24 pounds (doctor's scale, I returned the inaccurate piece of trash that had me thinking I'd lost more!) and I have not been able to get the scale moving.

I've had to stop exercising, which I know is causing this problem because I had a badly torn meniscus (knee cartilage), which was surgically repaired on Friday. So now my bedroom looks like an old folks home -- CPAP machine, mask, cane, ice pack, knee brace, pain meds...

So in about 2 weeks, I can start walking again. Does anyone know any exercise that does not require moving the knee? (I know, laugh...)

So I'm in a quandry about whether to get another fill when I see the surgeon Friday. I'm exactly what I was last month when I went in, I'm sometimes having a pain in my throat when I swallow too fast. But I can still eat pretty much whatever I want.

Ideas?? :angry ;) ;)

GE Mom, I'd guess that you need a fill, especially since your activity is temporarily limited. I've noticed that food gets stuck because I don't chew well enough but it has nothing to do with how much I eat. I think a fill will help you until you can start moving again.

I had to go to the ER for my unfill. I wonder if everyone's doctors do this? He said he only does fills and unfills on Fridays. I couldn't wait until Friday. That would have been a week with no food and hardly any Water. So needless to say, 6 hours in the Emergency room for a 5 minute procedure.;)

They took out 1/3 of my total amount. Apparently I had 3.3 cc's. My last fill he had added 1 cc. So I'm pretty much where I started before my fill. I'm so nervous about gaining back what I lost now that I can eat solid food again. I'm down 51 pounds but I'm not updating my ticker in case things change. I have a feeling I'm going to have to get another fill next week. But I'll have to remind him to give me less than this last time!!

Wow, reading about you guys being TOO full makes me feel pretty lucky despite knowing I could use some more restriction. Is it wrong that I wish I knew what being seriously restricted feels like?

I felt the same way, be careful what you ask for trust me! Restriction will come, I am happy now but it took a good time to find.

Hey guys! I have missed you guys so much. I am glad to see that everyone is doing well. Sorry to hear about those of you who had fill problems this month. It's great to get back on and see everyone's numbers have down.

I am back! I had a LOT of real life stuff to get organized and now I am all done. I will head over and update the running totals thread today some time.

Brandy...when do you wanna get together? I'm totally up for it. I burst out laughing at the hold hair in the stall comment. hahaha.

I need to start working out. I threw up so much over the weekend that on Monday morning I was very depressed about it. I thought about the past week or so and realize that I'm trying to get away with eating things that I just can't eat anymore. sometimes I can..but most of the time I can't. bread just is a no go for me now. So Monday morning I decided to conciously think about the choices I'm making and so I've been really careful about what I eat and how I eat it and I haven't thrown up since Sunday night. almost THREE days with no PBing! it's such sweet relief. I think I'm starting to figure this out!

Thanks, Libra. I'm at 8 cc in a VG (11cc) band, so I think I'll ask for just a bit more fill.

How was everybody's Thanksgiving?

Ge Mom, I had surgery for a torn meniscus in October. For about 2 weeks afterwards I lost nothing. In fact I gained 3-4 pounds even though I had not increased calories. I think it was because of the amount of swelling going on. Also I had to stop my exercise routine as well about 1 week before surgery. I went to PT for about 2 1/2 weeks which helped alot. You should do leg raises, leg extensions, bending of knee while laying on stomach and back. I strongly suggest PT to start you off for a few times. Then you can continue at home with the exercises. If you have a fax, I can send you a copy of the diagram of exercises they gave me. Just give me the number. What is funny though is that after that 2 week period of no exercise, I started losing weight rapidly as if it was the first month all over again. Don't get discourage. I believe you can lose weight without exercise if you watch your amount of Protein and carb intake.

I'm very discouraged. I'm down about 24 pounds (doctor's scale, I returned the inaccurate piece of trash that had me thinking I'd lost more!) and I have not been able to get the scale moving.

I've had to stop exercising, which I know is causing this problem because I had a badly torn meniscus (knee cartilage), which was surgically repaired on Friday. So now my bedroom looks like an old folks home -- CPAP machine, mask, cane, ice pack, knee brace, pain meds...

So in about 2 weeks, I can start walking again. Does anyone know any exercise that does not require moving the knee? (I know, laugh...)

So I'm in a quandry about whether to get another fill when I see the surgeon Friday. I'm exactly what I was last month when I went in, I'm sometimes having a pain in my throat when I swallow too fast. But I can still eat pretty much whatever I want.

Ideas?? :angry :) :)

I lost 10 pounds over 2 and 1/2 week period with a perfect restriction. Then I woke up about 2 weeks ago and felt very hungry and since then I can eat much more and haven't lost a thing. If I can get down bread then I know my restriction is less. I hate to go for another fill because I just had my 2nd on October 16th but when it is right it works. I thought second time would be a charm. With my first I had a 1.5 fill, then lost 1.0, then with my 2nd I was refilled to 1.6. Now I feel I have lost again. What do you all suggest?

I am still eating small portions but they should be smaller to lose weight.

Robin,

I would go for a third fill. It has been almost 6 weeks now. I have heard some people in other threads say that it took them 5 times to get and stay at their sweet spot.

Hey ABC! I've been crazy here, so not much time to check in. Sorry to see some of us are struggling.

I'm getting nervous about next week. We are headed to Disney for vacation and while I have some restriction, I know it's not enough and I still eat more than I should. I'm going to have to be REALLY cafeful as I don't want to gain while I'm there. Hopefully all the walking will offset the extra calories though! ;)

Once we get back though I'm going to call and see if I can get a fill. I've lost nothing in the last 3 weeks and am really frustrated. But, I didn't want to get one right before we left because I was afraid I would get down there and be too tight. I'd rather be loose than puking everything up. I can tell my port is completely flipped now though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the fill. They did the last one under flouro and the doc just manuevered it around to get it in, but I'm not sure they'll be able to do that this time. Last time the port was only on its side, but now, it's totally flipped. It used to be below my scar, now it's about an inch above and I can feel the tubing coming out of the port when I press on it. :) Definately not right! Guess I'll have to get that fixed. :) I don't care about that, I just want some freakin' restriction! :)

Hope everyone has a good week and keeps on loosing! :banana:

Good luck on your Disney trip Bug. I wish I had my band when I went to Disney this past June. I gained 5 pounds with all of the walking.

I am sorry to hear about your port being flipped. It did that all on its own?

RLittman, thanks for the advice on knee surgery rehab. I remember when you got yours fixed, I was still hoping mine would heal on its own. No such luck. I hope my experience is similar to yours and I start losing again when all this swelling goes down. I hadn't thought about that. I think I'll still get a fill on Friday, though. Maybe I need just a little bit more.

What's this about port flipping? Why do they do that?