Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So am I the only one who weights in on a daily bases??? So I'm giving up the scale until my next dr's appt on 1.21.13. My scale has been pretty much at a 184-185 & I confess I was pretty bummed. So on a whim I pulled down my old small clothes because I noticed the clothes ice been wearing becoming what I call frumpy/loose. Well guess what my 12 & 13/14 jeans fit!!!!

I have weaned myself off the scale as often as I used to, now I hop on maybe twice a week. Today I got on and it's the first time in about 15 years that I'm below 200 lbs! YAAAY! I've found that I can go up and down with Water weight about 3-4 lbs during the week, but once the weight drops to the lowest, it may rise a bit, then drop lower over the course of a few days, so I try to pick 2 days a week and check it. Maybe Thurs. and Sun., and see what I have. And I know if one is low and one is high, within the next 7-8 days I should see another couple of lbs drop off from my lowest point.

So am I rge only one who weights in on a daily bases??? So I'm giving up the scale until my next dr's appt on 1.21.13. My scale has been pretty much at a 184-185 & I confess I was pretty bummed. So on a whim I pulled down my old small clothes because I noticed the clothes I've been wearing becoming what I call frumpy/loose. Well guess what my 12 & 13/14 jeans fit!!!!

I don't weigh myself until I go into the Dr.'s office each month, so that every time I go in, I know there's a big surprise waiting. Went in yeste day and now down to 295lbs from a starting weight of 415 a little over three months ago!

I weigh every morning. I don't stress, but it's habit. It keeps me in check.

Typically, in measuring someone's weight, the person is placed on scales at rest with respect to the earth but the definition can be extended to other states of motion. Thus in a state of free fall, the weight would be zero. In this second sense of weight, terrestrial objects can be weightless. Ignoring air resistance, an apple on its way to meet Newton's head is weightless.

So if you were in outer space you would be weightless but fit into a smaller space suit. If you were in a long free fall your weight wouldn't matter anymore anyway unless you had a parachute. :o:D

A scale is only one means of measurement. It does the best it can but only considers how much your mass is attracted to the gravity producing mass of the Earth. It does not identify what is producing it's numbers. Bodybuilders in optimum health can be considered obese by the charts even though their body fat percentage is under 10.

You see that clothing is a better gauge. Strength, wind, and blood pressure also speak to us. The scale is just one voice on the jury. Let all the voices speak. :D

Lol gmat, I love your responses!

*gman*

I weigh myself every morning too. Sometimes I scream at the scale but overall, I don't let it ruin my day.

I can get the same way - it does seem to happen less now that I have had surgery and am over 6 months out. I am slooowly coming to realize that this is not a race - not with myself or anyone else (athough I will feel awesome when I finally weight less than my dear husband) - but rather this really will be the way I live for the rest of my life.

So I do hope on the scale most days - I write it down on my tracking calendar (which is great for seeing how far i have come over time) an take my Saturday weight as my official weight for the week. I really like Gman's analogy above - that scale certainly doesnt tell the whole story, its funny how zeroed in we can get on those numbers.

Even though I have had great success by most folks yardstick - I personally wont claim myself a total success until I hit that BMI goal in my ticker, because I have never, ever hit it in countless attempts to get this excess weight off. By jove I will do it this time and stay there come hell or high Water lol.