Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh My Gosh, This protein drink is so delicious!

Well today, at exactly 2 weeks out, I have not been getting in my Protein Shakes or powders hardly at all. Last night I resolved to do better. Today I was feeling kinda like a warm drink as I have had some indigestion, and thinking along the hot chocolate line, lol. Really. tongue.png Hot tea wasn't going to work for me and I remembered my resolve for the Protein shakes. Well I experimented and took a double coffee cup 16 oz. put Water in it, nuked it, and added two level scoops of the Protein Powder from Wal-Mart in chocolate Peanut Butter, stirred it up and it was just like hot chocolate with some peanut butter stirred in. I almost got sick I wanted to drink it so fast. This is absolutely going to help me get in the protein. I am sure it would be just as good with regular chocolate or any of the other flavors they have, but it was better than instant SWISS MISS! The protein powder is the one they carry in the large containers so they last a long time. This equaled 52 grams of protein and I really CAN do this every day. Now if only I could eat marshmallows lol.

I'll have to try the Body Fortress chocolate or the Chocolate Peanut Butter... I have their strawberry and their vanilla and I struggle constantly with getting my Protein but if I can make hot cocoa that might be the boost I need ;)

Can you please tell me the brand of Protein Powder you have? Thanks!

Body Fortress Super Advanced whey Protein powder chocolate Peanut Butter Supplement - 2 Lb

That's the info on that protein. I had my surgery in June and I got sooo tired of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate protein I willing went to UNFLAVORED protein that GNC has. Its like drinking rice Water but I still need to get more protein in..

Well today' date=' at exactly 2 weeks out, I have not been getting in my Protein shakes or powders hardly at all. Last night I resolved to do better. Today I was feeling kinda like a warm drink as I have had some indigestion, and thinking along the hot chocolate line, lol. Really. Hot tea wasn't going to work for me and I remembered my resolve for the Protein Shakes. Well I experimented and took a double coffee cup 16 oz. put Water in it, nuked it, and added two level scoops of the Protein Powder from Wal-Mart in chocolate Peanut Butter, stirred it up and it was just like hot chocolate with some Peanut Butter stirred in. I almost got sick I wanted to drink it so fast. This is absolutely going to help me get in the Protein. I am sure it would be just as good with regular chocolate or any of the other flavors they have, but it was better than instant SWISS MISS! The protein powder is the one they carry in the large containers so they last a long time. This equaled 52 grams of protein and I really CAN do this every day. Now if only I could eat marshmallows lol.[/quote']

Hmmm I will have to try that. My Protein drinks are kind of dull

I'm getting bored with nectar and muscle milk light, so I may have to go to Walmart and try this out!

I am sooooo tired of vanilla and chocolate, but I hate the fruit nectar flavors!! I add a scoop of unflavored to my vanilla or chocolate, and I also add sugar-free Jello pudding mix (dry) like cheesecake or banana for a little variety.

Watch out that the Water isn't too warm! I asked my NUT how hot I can make the water for Unjury chicken Soup Protein powder, and she said the protein starts to break down above 140f.

I bought the chocolate Peanut Butter, however, I didn't get a peanut buttery taste! it tasted more like a vanilla waffer type taste. so I added a table spoon of peanut butter and some flax seed and it was much better!

Thanks for posting, I'm going to give it a try!

Be aware, you cannot absorb 52 grams of Protein in one sitting. Your body will utilize what it can (on average 30 grams) and eliminate the rest as waste. You might consider breaking that up into 2 meals. Then you'd get the full affect of all that protein.

Thanks for the link!!!

That's really good information.

I read that article. The problem is it was written for bodybuilders, not sleevers. According to that article, I need 233 grams of Protein per day....1 gram per pound of bodyweight, if I'm reading it correctly. Even if it just means my lean body mass, that's still close to 195 grams per day. That's alot. Maybe if I was a bodybuilder I would need that much.

But my real problem is he says he has never found any research stating that 30 grams of Protein is the "absolute limit". That's sorta true, but there has been research showing that 30 grams is what most people can utilize for muscle synthesis...meaning the breakdown and building of new muscle, which is why we need protein.

Here are 2 links I found very quickly that talk about those studies...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091026125543.htm

http://www.begin2dig.com/2010/02/30g-of-protein-per-meal-for-optimal.html

It's hard to tell what the actual truth is. All we have to go by is what the so called experts report on the web-O-sphere because most of us aren't privy to the actual research being done.