Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with surprises at their endoscopy?

I had my endoscopy on the 31st. They found bleeding, infected ulcers, excess acid and a large mass on the wall of my stomach. The ulcers and acid I am not that concerned with. The mass is a whole other story. I am wondering if anyone out there has had any surprises at their appointments? How did it effect your surgery?

I included a photo of my yuck for your viewing pleasure lol.

post-37673-1381366209505_thumb.jpg

He doesn't want to biopsy it until they run some other tests first to rule out things it may be. He said he would rather not open it up until he has to. I am pre-op.

I definitely did not have a surprise like that- but, I did find out that I had a HUGE hernia. It was repaired in the surgery and that was that. I really hope that you get it all figured out and that everything is ok! Keep us updated!

I had a hiatal hernia & gastroperesis (paralyzed stomach) but no mass. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Keep us updated!

He doesn't want to biopsy it until they run some other tests first to rule out things it may be. He said he would rather not open it up until he has to. I am pre-op.

I was diagnosed with h pylori

I had a hiatal hernia, dilated esophagus and prolasp through my lap band.

Wow...I knew something had to be wrong but had no idea all of these things.

He also found bleeding, infected ulcers from having excess acid in my stomach. I thought that was weird because I have never had troubles with heart burn or anything. He put me on prilosec and antibiotics for that.

He also found bleeding' date=' infected ulcers from having excess acid in my stomach. I thought that was weird because I have never had troubles with heart burn or anything. He put me on prilosec and antibiotics for that.[/quote']

My doc found a polyp (not cancerous) and a large "irritated/infected" area. Since they were in the part of the stomach being removed, he just took them out and had them biopsied. Although not cancer, I suspect the part that looked "irritated/infected" was damage done by gluten. I have Hashimoto's which is an autoimmune issue and I was told that I should not eat gluten only in the past year....So maybe a little surprise, but not anything bad. And, like you, you are getting treated so your stomach literally should be healthier because of this process.

Wow! Thank God you went for endoscopy to find all that! Hopefully it can all be removed during a sleeve procedure! I had a pretty severe hiatal hernia repaired simultaneously as sleeve. )I still have 2 : more hernias to be repaired when I've lost enough weight )not thrilled about more surgery and using sick time!) Good luck!

I guess what I was thinking is that if you didn't want to pursue this surgery, your stomach may have continued to have all those problems. So, indirectly, the WLS surgery has helped you to be proactive about the general health of your stomach. I also agree with you that it is surprising that you didn't have reflux given the situation.

My doc found a polyp (not cancerous) and a large "irritated/infected" area. Since they were in the part of the stomach being removed' date=' he just took them out and had them biopsied. Although not cancer, I suspect the part that looked "irritated/infected" was damage done by gluten. I have Hashimoto's which is an autoimmune issue and I was told that I should not eat gluten only in the past year....So maybe a little surprise, but not anything bad. And, like you, you are getting treated so your stomach literally should be healthier because of this process.[/quote']

I have Hashimoto too. I've never heard anything about not eating gluten. Go for my endoscopy soon, hard to tell what they will find!

I had my endoscopy on the 31st. They found bleeding, infected ulcers, excess acid and a large mass on the wall of my stomach. The ulcers and acid I am not that concerned with. The mass is a whole other story. I am wondering if anyone out there has had any surprises at their appointments? How did it effect your surgery?

I included a photo of my yuck for your viewing pleasure lol.

Wow, thanks for posting that photo. Good or bad, it is amazing and frightening what our bodies can do. Did they say how large the "mass" is? I so hope it turns out to be benign. Thinking good thoughts for you.

It is the size of a golf ball. I am so afraid that it's going to be something terrible. I am a single mother to a 4 year old. My ex is an abusive dead beat. I can't get sick and let the courts give him my son :-(